Ketch Clara May by Moxis - 1/48 scale - after David McGregor plans - Finished

Congratulations on a beautiful ship, Matti.   Very nicely done.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

The color of the sails is perfect! They are very convincing "working boat" sails. Too often people use bright white for the sails and it gives the model an unearthly appearance. Also I am always saddened a little when I see a completed schooner or other for-and-aft vessel and they decided to leave the sails off. All that lovely space above the deck looks so cold and empty without the beautiful canvas filling the negative space. Your model looks great and I cant wait to see what you will build next. Congratulations.

Niagara USS Constitution 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Patrick, aviaamator, Pete, Mark and JerseyCity Frankie for your kind words. And all likes as well!

I have studied hard different catalogues of the companies selling ship plans, and today it seems that I will place my order for French cutter Le Cerf: http://ancre.fr/en/monographies-en/34-monographie-du-cerf-cotre-1778.html

With the 11 different sheets included in the package I believe that the plans are accurate enough to see where all the ropes are connected etc. Also the hull is clincker built, which gives me new challenge how to build it as cleanly as possible. We will see....

That will be challenging, Matti.   I'm not sure if it includes the frames.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Matti

Nice challenge you've picked there, but no doubt, it'll be a 'walk in the park' for you (judging by your other ship and non-ship models).

Also, I have to add, that those French cutters are very attractive ships, especially given their large sail areas and shapely hulls.

I'm gonna enjoy following you once you get going.

All the best!

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234