schooner in a bottle by mhmtyrl - Bottle - Finished

hello every body

thisi is my first attempt in building a ship in bottle, the plan belong to souvenirs de marines album.

actually this is a top sail schooner, for the sake of simplicity I skipped the square sails and many of the stays etc.

Next time I will try to add all the rigging (if possible :-)

mehmet

post-10466-0-44162600-1450803989_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-24957200-1450804024_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-90470800-1450804096_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-93526800-1450804125_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-58902500-1450804168_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-70189700-1450804195_thumb.jpg

thank you Bob

the sea bed is actually home made play-doh, my wife found a recepie from net (just google it, you may easily find), we added blue acrylic paint during steering.

then I added the dough inside the bottle in little pieces and flattened them by tools I have made from skewers we use for barbecue :-) I can attach some photos for them too if needed.

then via the tip of the skewers I made waves, not very big ones, but some are big too (so make them randomly in terms of size, but they had better follow a line-check out the wave patterns of a real sea photo)

then with a white acrylic I added white to top of the waves

this is how I made, I have watched nice you tube videos for this, check it out :-)

mehmet

Its a very nice Ship in a Bottle! Also I love hearing from a model builder in Ankara-Türkiye! Also I will point you in the direction of this website dedicated to Ships in Bottles: http://www.bottledshipbuilder.com/ which has a lot of resources for ship in bottle builders much like this website Model Ship World.

thank you Andrew, I guess you'll see the rest of the fleet soon as I am so motivated by the comments :-), Frankie thanks for the resource, I registered to that site too, hope I will learn more about bottled ship building.

I reccomend model ship building in bottle to every one; it is fantastic, so enjoyable but also very annoying at times :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...