schooner in a bottle by mhmtyrl - Bottle - Finished

hello every body

thisi is my first attempt in building a ship in bottle, the plan belong to souvenirs de marines album.

actually this is a top sail schooner, for the sake of simplicity I skipped the square sails and many of the stays etc.

Next time I will try to add all the rigging (if possible :-)

mehmet

post-10466-0-44162600-1450803989_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-24957200-1450804024_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-90470800-1450804096_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-93526800-1450804125_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-58902500-1450804168_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-70189700-1450804195_thumb.jpg

thank you Bob

the sea bed is actually home made play-doh, my wife found a recepie from net (just google it, you may easily find), we added blue acrylic paint during steering.

then I added the dough inside the bottle in little pieces and flattened them by tools I have made from skewers we use for barbecue :-) I can attach some photos for them too if needed.

then via the tip of the skewers I made waves, not very big ones, but some are big too (so make them randomly in terms of size, but they had better follow a line-check out the wave patterns of a real sea photo)

then with a white acrylic I added white to top of the waves

this is how I made, I have watched nice you tube videos for this, check it out :-)

mehmet

Fantastic job I love the following sea as she rides up on the swell very realistic 

If this is your first I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the fleet

Andy

Current Build

HM Granado CC

Past builds

HMS Chatham CC, HM Convulsion CC,  Duke William German Kit, Fair American LSS, The Wright Flyer MS

Its a very nice Ship in a Bottle! Also I love hearing from a model builder in Ankara-Türkiye! Also I will point you in the direction of this website dedicated to Ships in Bottles: http://www.bottledshipbuilder.com/ which has a lot of resources for ship in bottle builders much like this website Model Ship World.

Niagara USS Constitution 

thank you Andrew, I guess you'll see the rest of the fleet soon as I am so motivated by the comments :-), Frankie thanks for the resource, I registered to that site too, hope I will learn more about bottled ship building.

I reccomend model ship building in bottle to every one; it is fantastic, so enjoyable but also very annoying at times :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent work she looks great!  I like the way you colored the sails.  She looks like a hard working ship.