Black Diamond by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Revell - 1:350 scale - PLASTIC - snap tite kit

thank you Piet......I try my best on every model I do  ;)

yes Patrick.......those are the last set of windows for the Jingle Belle......not finished or painted.   I'll be getting back to them shortly  ;)

yepper Nenad........if there were,  it probably would have taken the fun right out of it.

thanks for bearing with me on this........and everyone who hit the like button  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I think I did enough on this little project......it looks very busy,  just the way it is.   I had thought of taking some of the Cutty sails that I have in a box {I have a lot of extras},  and cut them down.   but I chose to do them as furled sails,  and to be honest......I think it looks fine.   the hull bottom was cemented onto the stand.........and then the top section was cemented on the hull bottom.here are some pictures of the finished ship:

post-612-0-04241000-1452894412_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-20514900-1452894422_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-39797300-1452894432_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-65134200-1452894446_thumb.jpg

Oh crap.........I forgot something!   the flags!  I hurried to cut them out and put them on............NOW,........I am finished!

post-612-0-23451200-1452894569_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-68836300-1452894599_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-78725200-1452894650_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-50819700-1452894758_thumb.jpg

so now I am totally finished.   the only thing left now,  is wait for the boys to come over ,  to see it.  then I can spring these on them:

post-612-0-84835800-1452895720_thumb.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Very nice Dennis. You're giving the boys a great introduction into the modeling world with this perfect example of what can be accomplished with a little extra work.  :)

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

thanks George......too bad they're still too young to play with paints.   that's why I chose car models.......these particular kits,  they throw them together and they can play with them.   I don't think they can grasp the concept of leaving them on a shelf  ;)

nice to meet you JLuebbert......I'm glad you enjoyed this little build.  actually, the scale helped out a lot....otherwise I'd be drilling through masts.

thanks for the good word John  :)    I didn't mean it to be,  but it turned into another example,  that it really doesn't matter what level the kit is......anyone can take a kit and make it what they want it to be.   I've been partial to the advanced beginners kits that Billing's puts out.......but I did the Nordkap too,  and that was an expert kit.  I bashed it just as much as any other kit  ;)

I can hear the first question the boys will have......where are the sails?  the box art shows the model with sails........it should be fun telling them that the sails are furled.   the rigging will be another one,  I'm sure  ;)   I'll let you know what happens  :)   I thank everyone for joining in with me on this one.   I didn't do the best paint work,  and hardly any detail.....but the rigging proved to be fun...and I know the boys will get a kick out of it.  I really appreciated all the kind comments  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Sweet work, Denis.   They will love it.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Denis

Now, that's really great work! Having said that, what's even more important is the inspiration that you're giving the boys. We need to entice this and future generations away from the digital world so that they can experience and appreciate what it's like to build something with their own hands.

I'm sure they're going to love it and be inspired to build their own.

Nice!

Cheers

Patrick

thank you all for the nice comments and all of you who hit the like button  :)  work has me busy at the moment.......it will be refreshing though getting back to the table,  and able to get back to my builds.   I can't wait for the boys to see it  ;)

thanks one 'an all  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Nice work Denis.....I'm sure the kids will love it, ....watch out that those little rascals don't surprise you with a "Victory":for an encore :D :D

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

I can't imagine a Victory as a snap kit Frank  :D  :D    stranger things have come down the pike.......... :rolleyes:   thanks for the good word !

thanks Wayne...........anything for my grand sons!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 6 years later...
  • The title was changed to Black Diamond by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Revell - 1:350 scale - PLASTIC - snap tite kit