Good luck with the health issues! Find a good doc or medical team and follow their instructions religiously. "Playing hurt" and "toughing it out" only apply in high school, if then. Denial has killed more guys than anything else. I learned this while laying on a guerney in the ER. 

Sad to say, Paisan, but it looks like there's going to have to be a lot less pizza and pasta in your future. :D Not to worry. You'll live!

Edited by Bob Cleek
5 hours ago, Chuck said:

Thank you guys....Doing well now that I stopped the meds.   So we shall see after my appointment on Monday.   Nuclear stress test time.   Fun awaits.

Chuck

That's the type I have done every 2 years (chemically not treadmill as I can't do those for leg reasons).  You feel kind of weird for a few minutes when they really get your heart racing, but it doesn't last long and overall it's mostly just waiting around for the different steps of the testing. 

Good luck!

Edited by GuntherMT
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder....as I usually do this each year, I will be closing the online store for Christmas week.  Probably shutting it down on the 21st.  I will reopen again on January 2nd.  

so if you need anything,  this would be the time to get it.  

Syren wishes everyone  a great holiday and new year.  Thank you all for another successful year at Syren.  Yet another year of record growth thanks to all of you.  You guys continue to amaze me.  I appreciate all the support.

chuck

Thanks...and some pics of where the Winnie group prototype stands.

image.png

This would be a great project and group to join in the new year.  Its never too late to join.  I will thankfully also have much time to work on her over the holidays.  If you are looking for an ambitious project to build in the new year....along with your friends in the group....this is one you should consider.  This frigate project has more laser cut parts than any other kit of an English frigate on the market.  Nearly every part is laser cut for you.   It is 1/4" scale with a hull length of 36" unrigged.

Here is a link to the group and all of the build logs for it.

https://modelshipworld.com/forum/92-member-build-logs-for-the-hms-winchelsea/

image.png

Happy holidays guys!!

• 1 month later...

ANNOUNCEMENT....Until further notice, I must suspend all international orders except to Canada.  Once again the worsening pandemic (even worse than last year at its height) has made shipping outside of the United states a nightmare.   Dozens of packages have gotten lost or are taking months to get where they need to go.   Sorry for the inconvenience.   I will however make exceptions for chapters packages for the Winchelsea so folks wont get stuck and unable to continue their project.

Please also have patience with orders within the USA and Canada.   It is taking sometimes 3 and 4 weeks for delivery again.   Once a postal employee tests positive for Covid they quarantine the entire group they worked with for 14 days.  Thus there are some severe delays where this is taking place.   Please have patience and not report me or demand a refund or another shipped package after only a week in transit.  Its entirely out of my hands.  Your package will arrive.....but very very late.  I have some packages in the USA shipped on January 3rd that still havent reached their destination.  No fault of mine or even the postal service......It is just a really bad situation.   If you truly expect delivery within 4 days or it will make you upset....please consider another source for your needs.   I can tell you for certain that such deliveries are near impossible until this pandemic is under control.

You might get lucky and get your order quickly....but then just consider yourself very lucky.  This is no longer the norm at the moment.  This wasnt a decision I made lightly.   International orders make up 35% to 40% of my business.   But since its already extremely difficult to keep up with demand during the pandemic,  keeping inventory in stock is made more difficult when I have to reship an order at my expense a second time.   Its just not sustainable in the short term.  Sorry guys and I hope you understand the predicament. 

Chuck

Chuck, I  think I  speak for the majority in this matter by saying  "we understand"

On a positive angle, I personally had a fantastic USPS experience with a delivery from (NRG) IL this past week. Order was placed online late Tuesday evening  and had the kit by Friday. 

Same thing with the small orders from you.

No matter, we all appreciate what you are doing for us. 

There is no rhyme or reason for where a delay will occur or when.   It all depends on what shape the USPS facility is in that week.   If one facility gets hit with a quarantine on a given week....its bad news for your package.  If you get lucky and they are not in quarantine that week.....you may get it in a few days still.   Same is true with international stuff but its far worse.   If the International facility in New York is hit with a quarantine then forget it.   Your package can sit there for a month or more.  If you are lucky to have yours pass through on day that they have more staff.....you can get stuff in Europe in about 10 days.   But then that depends on how messed up your country's postal service is at that time for the remainder of the trip.  

Even though thats the case....the angry emails from those in the minority who fail to see the issue is wearing thin.   Unless you live under a rock,   or are just plain stupid......I cant see why they would flip out like they do.  Some are just plain nasty.....from just today for example.  And you know who you are......

My Syren order has still not arrived.  I placed my order on 1-13-2021 and it was shipped on 1-14-2021. Invoice attached.  The delivery time is unacceptable.  This is the second order from you that has taken forever to arrive. It should never take this long to get a parcel from New Jersey sent to Michigan. Please ship another replacement ASAP.  I urgently need these materials ASAP and it is of the utmost importance.  Please ship it priority next day so I can finish my project.   If I do not receive a reply I will contact my Credit Card company to reverse the payment.  Thank you and have a nice day!

And by the way...this guy is not getting a new package shipped.    He got a reply with the tracking info saying it will arrive late.  Thats all I can do.  Its just for a ship model......for crying out loud.   

I think some people are starting to lose it a little bit.....take a deep breath and exhale slowly, LOL.

You need a "Don't Bother To Order Again' List. What part of "shipped" the next day does this guy not get. 

For the record and as example. I've had orders from you arrive in 2 days and in 2 weeks - its just the world we live in now. I had an order from the UK arrive 4 months later.  

Edited by glbarlow
6 minutes ago, Chuck said:

My Syren order has still not arrived.  I placed my order on 1-13-2021 and it was shipped on 1-14-2021. Invoice attached.  The delivery time is unacceptable.  This is the second order from you that has taken forever to arrive. It should never take this long to get a parcel from New Jersey sent to Michigan

I mailed Christmas presents to my granddaughter/daughter in Maryland from New York upstate on 12-12-20, it arrived at Newark NJ distribution same day, then to Merrifield VA distribution next day, 12-13-20 @ 3:15 pm. It sat in Merrifield until it was delivered at noon on 1-4-21. Merrifield is 55 miles, or 1 hour drive,  from final destination in Maryland.  Package was sent 2 day Priority Mail.   Give that example to the complainant, Chuck.   

That is the other issue that many dont understand.  There is no longer any priority mail.   Unless you send it overnight delivery next day,   its all just regular mail.  You can still pay extra for priority but they wont deliver it any faster.   So it doesnt matter and customers should stop asking/selecting for an order to be shipped priority mail.  Its just a waste of money at this point.  This goes for anything you buy in the USA.   Just an FYI....

This is true for fed ex and UPS as well.   Dont waste your money.  

It's that kind of self centered 'I-Me-My' attitude that caused most of the spread of this disease to begin with. Us Canucks are used to slovenly postal workers and Covid just legitimizes their sloth :) For heavens sake Chuck, anyone who has ever ordered from you knows you are an anomaly among business owners. I haven't been a customer that long and from what I have read and experienced, you are the best of the best for both shipping speed and quality. Buddy had to have read a wee bit before ordering and seen the positive response you get from *everyone*. Perhaps a blurb on your site asking folks to be calm at this crazy time below your other Shipping Charges etc. on the site will help. it might keep peoples heads out of their ars*s for a bit longer than usual

43 minutes ago, Chuck said:

There is no rhyme or reason for where a delay will occur or when.   It all depends on what shape the USPS facility is in that week.   If one facility gets hit with a quarantine on a given week....its bad news for your package.  If you get lucky and they are not in quarantine that week.....you may get it in a few days still.   Same is true with international stuff but its far worse.   If the International facility in New York is hit with a quarantine then forget it.   Your package can sit there for a month or more.  If you are lucky to have yours pass through on day that they have more staff.....you can get stuff in Europe in about 10 days.   But then that depends on how messed up your country's postal service is at that time for the remainder of the trip.  

Even though thats the case....the angry emails from those in the minority who fail to see the issue is wearing thin.   Unless you live under a rock,   or are just plain stupid......I cant see why they would flip out like they do.  Some are just plain nasty.....from just today for example.  And you know who you are......

My Syren order has still not arrived.  I placed my order on 1-13-2021 and it was shipped on 1-14-2021. Invoice attached.  The delivery time is unacceptable.  This is the second order from you that has taken forever to arrive. It should never take this long to get a parcel from New Jersey sent to Michigan. Please ship another replacement ASAP.  I urgently need these materials ASAP and it is of the utmost importance.  Please ship it priority next day so I can finish my project.   If I do not receive a reply I will contact my Credit Card company to reverse the payment.  Thank you and have a nice day!

I bought an Essex model from a delealer in Latvia last month. It's still traveling around Europe! Their situation is even worse than here. I think the last update from them was the package had made it to Germany.

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

I hope this guy doesn't need any mail order medications.  They have been overdue in arriving at my house 3 times in the past year.  The folks that ship the serious medications (read very expensive) are using Fedex over night.

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

And by the way...this guy is not getting a new package shipped.    He got a reply with the tracking info saying it will arrive late.  Thats all I can do.  Its just for a ship model......for crying out loud.   

I think some people are starting to lose it a little bit.....take a deep breath and exhale slowly, LOL.

Some people believe not being able to work on their model is the end of the freaking world. Get a grip, it is a hobby and not a world shaking event. I would have a list, like Santa if you get my drift ‘sorry out of stock’.   I am one of the fortunate ones as my order usually arrives with in four days. Thank you Chuck for your superior products.....no matter how long it takes to arrive.

"...of the utmost importance." 🤣

Seriously though, Amazon has made life miserable for small businesses trying to compete.  I feel for you Chuck.  Whomever it is that sent you that- grow up; Chuck did his job and shipped it the following day.  I don't go after the restaurant when the GrubHub guy shows up with cold food an hour and a half after it left the restaurant...

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

It certainly is a problem.   I havent been getting meds via the mail yet.   I order them locally through a pharmacy and either pick them up or have them deliver it the five blocks it needs to travel.

Much more reliable.

Agreed.  But some of the high dollar stuff comes from specialty pharmacies and unavailable from Walgreens, CVS etc.