Hello Chuck, good afternoon.

I have a suggestion for  your store/site, but I'm not sure how simple it would be to implement.  I was trying to answer someone's question on Facebook and tell him about one of your products (dead eyes), but whenever you have the store closed for restocking, it's not possible to see the list of products with pricing, so while I could provide him the link, he couldn't actually see the actual sizes you offer or the pricing.

I think it would be great if the store closure point was at the point of ordering rather than when browsing, so that people could still look at all your products and see how much they cost, even if they weren't currently available due to your storefront being closed.  

You are welcome....I try my best.   Today was crazy so I wanted to make sure I got the orders packed and out the door quickly.  I broke a record today....I know you guys have been waiting for two weeks but it was nuts.   I did the same amount of sales over the last 10 hours that I would normally do in two weeks.  So you guys certainly didnt look elsewhere for parts.  Thank you so much for waiting.  This of course means that I am out of stock on so many things again.  So please have patience as I make the stuff as quickly as possible.....

Chuck

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

Its all right here.   Check out my topic on Gutterman threads.   It has my recipe for sizes and how many strands.

Chuck Passaro Rope Recipe-1.pdf

Chuck,

Many thanks.  I included your "recipe" pdf'ed courtesy of Ryland Craze.  ALOT of good info in those posts.

A little while ago you recommended Ljiljan crochet thread as an alternative.  This is cotton as opposed to the Guttermann polyester, correct?  Are the thread sizes the same as ones listed in your recipe?

There is no difference other than the large gear used.  The gear on the new version just has the holes predrilled for the screws that hold the stainless steel hub in place.  

ropegear.jpg

And you can flip the hub around to secure it in the bore hole of new gear as it is a perfect fit.   You see the circular shape on the hub below fits the bore hole of the gear perfectly and the screw holes in the hub line up perfectly with those on the gear.....cant get better than that.  Then you tighten the set screw on the hub into the shaft to secure it.  

set-screw-hub-545544-main-1500px.jpg

otherwise its exactly the same.  It just makes assembly a bit easier.

I am also trying to source some metal gears which is actually overkill for this machine...just in case someone wants to upgrade.  But I have used the same ropewalk with the delrin gears for 5 years now.  It still runs perfectly and I have of course made more rope on them in one week than most of you guys combined will ever make in a lifetime.  But a few guys have asked for them although its not needed and just a few guys are over-thinking the whole thing.  These are very simple machines.  They work great...

videos on using them....this is what I used to do 8 to 10 hours a day .....7 days a week.   A package of rope every 8 minutes.   Its not hard.  It just takes a little practice.  You guys can do this easily for your own models and I encourage you to give it a try.

14 hours ago, Chuck said:

You are welcome....I try my best.   Today was crazy so I wanted to make sure I got the orders packed and out the door quickly.  I broke a record today....I know you guys have been waiting for two weeks but it was nuts.   I did the same amount of sales over the last 10 hours that I would normally do in two weeks.  So you guys certainly didnt look elsewhere for parts.  Thank you so much for waiting.  This of course means that I am out of stock on so many things again.  So please have patience as I make the stuff as quickly as possible.....

Chuck

I am glad to be able to post the order. Thanks a lot that you "tried your best". Probably more if possible.

Clark

Just an fyi

i have been getting a bunch of emails about when I will have more ropewalks and serving machines...

i am waiting on delivery of more 1/4” cherry sheets to laser cut more of them.  I hope they will arrive early next week but who knows with the postal service.  As soon as my milled sheets arrive I will bang out a whole bunch more.

Thanks for waiting patiently. 😃