1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Just wanted to share some photos of the base of the winnie.  It is finally completed as I just received the wonderful large carvings from Jack to finish it off.   He scaled up the carvings from the transom so I could add them to the base.   jack certainly has a skill in making these.   His attention to detail is amazing.  Thanks Jack for the wonderful pieces.   It really makes the case something special.  If any of you guys are in the market for such work I highly recommend him for it.   

winniecasedec.jpg

winniecasedec1.jpg

winniecasedec2.jpg

Will Jack have these available?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up guys.  I am leaving town for Washington DC.   A research / sightseeing trip.   Headed to the Smithsonian.....also to Monticello.   

I am leaving tomorrow morning and wont be back until next Wednesday.  I dont want to close the store so it will remain open.  BUT, orders wont be shipped until I return on Wednesday.

I hope you dont mind.  Thank you for your patience. 

Also...Ropewalks are now in stock.

Syrenultrarope.jpg

In other news.....

I am happy to report that I have solved my rope-making issue.  I have found a guy  (Dan) who has gone through rigorous SYREN rope-making boot camp.   He has been subjected to an advanced regiment of rope making tutorials and exercises for the last 3 weeks.  He can now produce rope of equal quality to the syren rope you guys have enjoyed using over the past seven years.

Therefore I will be instructing him to  move forward with production on my new Syren ULTRA scale model rope.  This will be a blend of Cotton and Poly rope.  The original MFG of the cotton/linen blend thread went out of business because of Covid.  Or should I say decided to not to reopen after over 80 years of Mom and Pop thread making.  So this will be my new rope I was telling you guys about and shown below.

As I have zero inventory right now.  I anticipate it being a slow rollout.  There will be two colors.  A hemp color for running rigging and a very dark brown almost black standing rigging.   I wont wait for everything to be in stock but will start with the running rigging first.  Once I have a bunch of each size in stock I will offer it while he makes the standing rigging.  I dont anticipate having enough to list till August however so thank you for your patience once again.  I dont want to rush the guy.  Dan is going to need a it of time to get used the fast pace he will soon need to keep this stuff in stock.   So when he has a healthy stock of running rigging ready I will let you know when its available.

syrenultrarope1.jpg

syrenultrarope2.jpg

syrenultrarope3.jpg

Thats in October so hopefully I have a bunch ready by then.   I may have to break down and make some myself because I dont want to scare Dan away.    

This stuff is ULTRA Smooth........Zero fuzz... and has ULTRA definition.   No unwinding.   I just set Dan up with two Ropewalks today so he will build and keep a 3 strand and four strand machine at the ready to make producing any size even quicker.

I am sure you guys will love this stuff as much as the old rope if not more.   I had recently sent a whole bunch of it Greg Herbert to use on his Speedwell.  So as soon as gets that model back and begins rigging it, you will get a chance to see how the stuff looks.  I will grab a Standing rigging sample and take some pictures before I leave tonight.

18 minutes ago, Tigersteve said:

It works real good too.

I've been using the Rope Rocket and his "recipe" with excellent results!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an fyi for those who have been waiting….Medway longboat kits are now back in stock along with masting and rigging packages for them.  They will

go quick…..but dont worry; I will just make more.

I have also started cutting parts for more Queen Anne Barge kits…those should be available shortly.