Just a heads up!!!   I will be at the joint clubs next weekend as a vendor.

Since I am now making new CNC blocks I wont have them ready for the show.....I may have all the sizes done in single blocks but definitely not more than those.  I will be fully stocked with rope though.

Having said that,  I have quite a few packages.....of most of the other sizes of my old hand-made blocks.   Some would say they were among the best you could buy. I will be placing the remaining sizes of the old hand-made blocks in a large box and selling them for $5 per package.    So if you are going to be there.....load up at this price.  I have several hundred packages of these available.

But remember.....No credit cards at the show.   There is no wi-fi so only cash is accepted.

See you guys there.   From what I understand there will be about 100 models on display....should be a great day.

There is a lot to bring but I may not be able to fit all of it in the van so if you need anything specific....please let me know.  For example, I may not bring any winnie chapter kits.  But if you need one, I will bring one for you.   

Chuck, as of today the Guild has listed 90 models that are in competition. So, my guess is that we will have more than 100 models. We had to rent more display tables for the show. So,we will the makings of a very good show.

I know that the Constitution Guild will be well represented. Rob Napier will be our speaker. We will have plenty of raffle prizes. And, I expect that New Jersey will be well represented.

Hope to see you next Saturday!
Tim Murphy

Edited by Tim Murphy
Miss listed

8 hours ago, Chuck said:

Some would say they were among the best you could buy.

Maybe even the best you could make on your own! Well now, when Syren brings it's new CNC blocks onto the market, is it possible you might produce a practicum for making the "Classic Chucky Blocks" so this amazing secret of nautical technology will not be lost forever like the formula for "Greek fire" was? :D 

I decided to change the strop slot moving forward.  Luckily I only finished making 3 sizes so I will change those as well for the next batch.   But this is how my blocks will look.   

I think its going to take me about a month to stock every size....but I am starting to develop a routine now.   The initial restock is a killer but once thats done it will be so much easier.   Better quality of life.  These are all boxwood blocks of course.

These are 5/32" I believe.

5mmsingles.jpg

Back from the show….it was another great ship model event.  It was so great to see you you guys after two years.  It was a really nice day. 

And just an FYI ….I have restocked my rope and it is now available in my online store.  Sold about half of it at the show but there are plenty left in stock and available.  I will also be making more all week.  So thanks for your patience while I restocked.

Nope….I got so many requests for rope that I started making it again and I have found some help making it.  So rope and blocks are back.  I should have my new cnc blocks fully stocked shortly.  But I have made single blocks available as I have restocked a bunch of sizes already.  Double blocks will start to show up really soon.

Because I am automating the block making process I can now keep rope in stock and make them again.   

FYI.....as I mentioned earlier.  I was selling my old stock of hand made blocks at the show for just $5 per package.   I do have a small amount of these left.  So I am updating my block inventory right now online.  I have started to stock my new CNC blocks for the regular price.  But in my store you will also see that until supplies last....

RIGGING BLOCK SALE.......

All old stock hand-made boxwood rigging blocks are now available for just 5 BUCKS per package.  You will never be able to buy blocks of this quality at these low prices so please do buy as many as you need until they are all gone.  Some triple blocks are being sold for just 3 BUCKS per package!!!

CRAZY LOW LOW PRICES....so hoard away.

I think it is a situation of them not accepting mail from the US.  But I agree with your frustration.

On the other hand the USPS has adopted a new policy on transportation of mail within the US that will be slowing down deliveries of any distance by one to two days.  I think the distance starts at 500 miles for the one day delay - more trucks, less air.   It started already.

10 hours ago, scrubbyj427 said:

Just hoardered.

Same :) 

it’s kind of stupid how many orders I have done (and are on the way) for blocks. The ones in the kits I have are typical “meh” value.  I want to find that one which makes me go “Niiice…”

Edited by Tim Holt

Hey Chuck, I ordered/hoarded the rope I am going to use to substitute in for the Caldercraft kit rope.  However, I didn't receive an email confirmation the order was placed, so maybe I screwed up?  Also, I will be hoardering blocks soon as well, but want to make sure I haven't spazzed in my first order 😃 

Just finishing up cnc/laser boxwood single blocks.  I am excited to start on the doubles this weekend.  I think they should go much easier.   It has been a fascinating journey of experimentation and education.   It is all brandnew to me and its tough teaching old dogs new tricks.  But these will work out nicely.  The small blocks in the photo are just 2mm long.   Please excuse the bad phone pic.  I just made these today and pushed them in a small pile so I could update you on the progress with a quick photo.

cncblocks.jpg

On 10/2/2021 at 8:07 PM, Chuck said:

Back from the show….it was another great ship model event.  It was so great to see you you guys after two years.  It was a really nice day. 

And just an FYI ….I have restocked my rope and it is now available in my online store.  Sold about half of it at the show but there are plenty left in stock and available.  I will also be making more all week.  So thanks for your patience while I restocked.

'Totally missed the show.  I'm scheduled WAY in advance, so need to find out about things like this also way in advance, and (having re-entered this hobby of late) am not sure how to 'get in the loop'.  Maybe adding something to your site on upcoming events (or a link to something similar) would be worth considering.