Livre Collection de plans ou Dessins de navires et de bateaux anciens et modernes

Interesting French book that can be downloaded.  http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k5699565s.r=Collection%20de%20plans%20bateaux

Website is in French but I managed to get the book downloaded in pdf format ok not knowing any French.

My advice and comments are always worth what you paid for them.

thanks for the link ,i didn't knew it and i will share in my french forum modelisme naval bois  :

http://modelisme-naval-bois.lebonforum.com/

Edited by ofencer29350

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Don,

Left hand side of the page... there's a down-arrow with a line underneath it.   Check the boxes that appear (as appropriate) and hit the button.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks, grsjax and ofencer29350, for the links. I've joined the forum modèlisme naval bois as a result. I also like the Marine et Modélisme d'Arsenal forum. There are plenty of great builds in both, as well as the different range of models from this forum. It's wonderful to peek into the fora in other countries such as Russia, Germany, Japan etc as they also look great -- representing different styles, models and culture which all adds to the interest and contextualises our different conceptual frameworks and conventions in this hobby.

Tony

Hi Mark, Still have not been able to download, I found the icon but it just keeps spining I waited at least 7min and could not get it downloaded, What am I doing wrong. Thanks Don

Don -

Make sure the pdf button is clicked, and the check box at the bottom of the window that pops up.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Interesting French book that can be downloaded.  http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k5699565s.r=Collection%20de%20plans%20bateaux

Website is in French but I managed to get the book downloaded in pdf format ok not knowing any French.

Wonderful resource - THANK YOU!!!  This is one of the classics, frequently referenced.  There is a modern reproduction of many of the plans available as well, but the original is always a better resource.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

When you click the down arrow on the left another window should shiw up with pdf or jpg as options and a small square block to click at the bottom agreeing to the terms. If the window doesn't show you may have a setting in your briwser blocking it.

Wayne

Epictetus

Don,

If you click on the link, it opens... look to the left

The red arrow shows the download icon.

post-76-0-93449300-1453364622_thumb.jpg

This will open another window.  Make sure the two buttons have been clicked... the ones with the red arrow. When done, click the button with the blue arrow.

post-76-0-75576200-1453364629_thumb.jpg

I hope this helps.

Edited by mtaylor

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

recall of marine from vice amiral Pâris.

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Don,

I've tried on 4 browsers and they all worked for me. Is it possible you have javascript turned off on your browser? You can follow this link https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/is-javascript-enabled to check. 

Good luck,

Richard.

Richard

Current Build: Early 19th Century US Revenue Cutter (Artesania Latina "Dallas" - messed about)

Completed Build: Yakatabune - Japanese - Woody Joe mini

Member: Nautical Research Guild & Midwest Model Shipwrights

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent resource, Admiral Paris is one of the classics... thank you very much grsjax and all!

Just in case, for all the non French-speakers which have difficulties to download the resource:  to download you must first check the box which says En cochant cette caisse, je recconais avoir pris... etc.

It is just a check  that you agree with the terms and conditions on which you have to click first, otherwise the download does not happen!