Cutter Cheerful 1806 by Rustyj - FINISHED - 1:48 Scale

Thank you druxey! Much appreciated also thanks for the likes. 

Here's the topsail yard with the lifts, braces, clue line, sheets and sling attached.

I hope to place it later today.

IMG_2516.thumb.JPG.f2efaf513f2a39aa5dacb6d76e4f8f75.JPG

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1/48  Duchess of Kingston

Completed Build Logs: USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Silly question: are the stirrups for the footropes long enough? They should hang about 3' 0" below the yards. Unless ship is manned by midgets, of course. (No offence meant to the height-challenged.)

Edited by druxey

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Hi druxey. 

All I can say is the foot ropes match the plans.

Laying on the bench they don't hang as low as they are though. 

Thanks for checking. 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Completed Build Logs: USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

The topsail yard has been hung and all lines belayed.

I need to make several rope coils and check all lines to ensure

they are still snug then its on the the anchors!

IMG_2525.thumb.JPG.01adff09a604f624d5126bd393dc4345.JPG

IMG_2523.thumb.JPG.446f2a544e0ce477b18d3664c6c3d977.JPG

IMG_2522.thumb.JPG.a32abfae185c589e132ef9038f56c47d.JPG

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Thanks Chuck. Yes almost there. Should have her done by Thanksgiving. I hope! 

As far as a clean bench goes you should see everything I pushed onto the floor so I could take the picture.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Thank you Bob and Brian.

Brian I highly recommend getting back to it. She's a great model to build.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

On 11/19/2017 at 6:17 PM, GuntherMT said:

Gorgeous.   I really need to find the time and motivation to get back to work on mine.

This is exactly what I'm thinking with my Cheerful.  I' glad to see that Rusty is on the home stretch.  I've been following lurking closely.  :)

Keep up the good work Rusty!

Erik

Thanks Eric. Yes you should get back to her! You've done all the hard work now the fun begins.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the completed anchors and anchor buoys.

They are another mini kit from Syren and were a dream to put together.

IMG_2522.thumb.JPG.03446abe801381364280ab512da54f81.JPG

This is Chucks flag printed on packaging tissue paper. I has been sprayed with a clear fixative from krylon

and shaped to hang better. It's drying now and will be tied to the flag halliard .

IMG_2523.thumb.JPG.55fe36635a9f537d84486279c29734b5.JPG

Oh and you can see I didn't shove everything off my desk before taking the picture!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Looks great, Rusty.   As for the desk.. old quote:  "A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind".   I abide by it.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Nice crisp work on the anchors and buoys. The flag looks nicely natural.  And your bench looks like my bench, too. Ops normal.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Thanks Mike, My desk should be spotless cuz I have a real sick mind!

Thanks Ken, It took a couple of tries but I'm happy with it. Also thanks all for the likes.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

My, my you have been busy since last we met! It must be bitter sweet to be nearing the end. It is such an interesting model that it deserves a good home. If you haven't got one I know of one!!!!!!!

I am so far behind you and my shot clock keeps ticking along. I will need another lifetime to catch up.

Soooo now what is on your next to do list?

Joe

Thanks Joe,

Actually it seems that I'm moving in slow motion right now! Before I start anything

new, I'm sad to say, I've got some battle damage to fix on the Syren.

The move last year was not kind to her.

Thanks Mike, Just have to turn the entryway stanchions, do some touch ups and we're finished! 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

As I said in the last post I'm almost done. The anchor and buoys have been

placed and the flag has been tied to the flag halliard. IMG_0026.thumb.JPG.6ebad381ca2a5338805bf0d762c47ab0.JPG

IMG_0027.thumb.JPG.9d21c620c17aa663456025171feaa232.JPG

IMG_0028.thumb.JPG.1006304ba8e574d6c532cd7b142df826.JPG

There are four entry way stanchions that need to be turned. Trying to make

them uniform should make for a few extra attempts! LOL

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Lovely Rusty, a very nicely built model.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Thanks Pat. Cheerful is a great ship and a pleasure to build. 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Thanks a lot Ben, much appreciated. Also thanks all for the likes!

Ok I've make about ten stanchions to get four I liked. I took square stock and chucked it in the lathe.

I turned it to the desired dimension added a couple of forms and then fine tuned it with files and

sandpaper while spinning. Nothing to fancy but I'm satisfied.

IMG_0030.thumb.JPG.7e78ae718e2b4ed7427dd7d9149bec5f.JPG

IMG_0055.thumb.JPG.4bf5fd61f53b39c8a4b864b89a37e11b.JPG

Well shes just about done. Just a few touch ups and I'll call her finished.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Nothing fancy??? The pics of those stanchions say otherwise, Rusty.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

On 20/05/2016 at 4:20 AM, Rustyj said:

Thanks Brian and Chuck. Unfortunately it's the double whammy of summer chaos and the move.

May have to set up a temporary shop in the dinning room. ;)

Good luck with the move hope all goes smoothly,   the dinning room isnt so bad - its were my slip way is.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Thanks Dirk, Mark, Eric and OC. Also for all of the likes.

Well this project is now declared completed! It was a fantastic build and I had a lot of fun doing it.

I listed it as a scratch build but it was less scratch and more build. As this was a Syren Ship Models product

I wanted to try out as many of the laser cut products Chuck made available. From the bulkheads

to the windlass to the anchors and to all the rest of the "mini kits" I did not find fault with anyone of them.

They were very well made and each a pleasure to build. Of course the plans and instructions were

first rate too!

Well here are some pics of the finished model.

IMG_0046.thumb.JPG.1e6dbadc7eb633cd4ea2a45562547e3a.JPG

IMG_0047.thumb.JPG.62d55d40236d64220725e86e1315ab82.JPG

IMG_0050.thumb.JPG.0ab591e9f9220eee78f93e5122d6a13a.JPG

IMG_0053.thumb.JPG.1f83635eaa9bd620a95daac0473fe12f.JPG

IMG_0048.thumb.JPG.3bc589718bc344e3419476369de792a9.JPG

IMG_0049.thumb.JPG.7298cf7b838e78bc95fc66561fb1995d.JPG

IMG_0052.thumb.JPG.fa0461292ae8a7b8e3e6de73ce920346.JPG

IMG_0051.thumb.JPG.16d3d42f34a478457af8ecdf8b202e3f.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B)