Santa María by Juan Muñoz Carrasco - FINISHED - Nao - America discovery ship

Heloo

I am glad that there is someone else who use "short strip" technique for planking. Why do you do on that way? I use it because I do not have proper tools and skill for regular way

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Hi NenadM:

I do not understand what you want to say to me. It details photography consults.

Greetings

Juan.

Hi, Juan

My English is no very god, but there is Google

Before I get in MSW, I did not read or see any ship modeling forum, did not read or see pictures of phases of building, did not read or see any builder literature, particularly about planking.

It is amazing for me, that somebody in different part of the world come to same idea about technique of planking with very short strips

Because I do not have proper skill and do not have special tools, I come to idea to take exactly same technique of planking as you did

See picture below

Wish you best

NenadM

post-4738-0-04377000-1372451322.jpg

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Hi NenadM:

Now I understand what you meant.

Yes, it is curious that from different places of the earth, we agree on solving the same problems with the same solutions.

Thank you for your wishes to me that I stretch for you.

Greetings,

Juan.

I do not speak English. Google Translate if possible I solved my contacts with people in the forum.

Edited by Juan Muñoz Carrasco

Hello teacher, I am watching your hands...

Nice to see your build log again. I am building the same ship and this is the really inspiration for me.

What system you have used for lighting?

• 2 weeks later...

Just beautiful, Juan.  The photo effects on the first few pics are very well done also.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Ah - the great man himself on view.  :)

It is always interesting to see other people's thinking (your drawings) and workshop environment. Gives me additional ideas for myself.

And of course the ship is looking fabulous.

Ian M.

Current build: HMS Unicorn  (1748) - Corel Kit

Advice from my Grandfather to me. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who stand back and watch. The trick is not to repeat the error.