EJ_L

La Couronne by EJ_L - Finished - Corel - 1:100 - 1637 Version

Tonight saw the completion of the foremast shrouds. Now I can start running the rat lines across them which is of course another slow tedious process but really, what is not on a model ship? :P All the time and effort will be worth it though once they are done. I guess I better get to it! :D

post-22933-0-78200000-1478828958_thumb.jpg

Finished running ratlines on the first half of the foremast shrouds tonight. Counted up and there are 180 clove hitches that were tied to complete it. Only had a couple get loose on on me towards the bottom so while annoyed, I'm also rather happy about those results. Now to rest my eyes so I can do the other side! :D

post-22933-0-75982300-1479090915_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the compliments and likes!

It may be a couple of weeks before I get another update on the build. We start moving to the new house next week so while I am trying to squeeze in an hour here and there to build, most of my free time this week is being used for packing and various other tasks that I need to do and after this weekend the shipyard will be packed away to move. Hopefully I will only be down a week or so. When the updates resume I will have to new yard up and running and will be ready to make some progress! :)

Edited by EJ_L

Thanks for the luck, I'm sure it will be needed. I've moved a lot, especially while in the Navy so this is familiar territory although, back then I could fit everything I owned in the back of my truck. Now I can't even fit the entire shipyard in there! :P

When we were younger and back then we could do a lot of things, I was the same way when I was in the Air Force, but that's not the case now LOL. Just be careful with your back, that you don't want to hurt, I got hurt when I was in the service and had surgery and that didn't work out. Try and take your time. Best of luck.

I thought about using one of our semi trailers from work as I can drive a big rig but, withoit a lift gate, that is a very high lift for some of the furniture. Just going to have to be my good ol truck and trailer and probably a Uhaul truck also.

I did manage to get in another hour of tying rat lines tonight. Not much but every little bit adds up! It was a nice chance to relax from work before resuming packing.

Just checking in to say that the move is going good. In fact, La Couronne is making her maiden voyage, under tow of course, to the new ship yard today! She will have to take up a temporary berth though for a few more days but if all keeps going well the new ship yard could be open early next week. As I am on vacation from work to do this move starting this afternoon that is my plan to take a couple days and set up the new ship yard and wood shop.

I'm looking forward to getting back to work!

I have used a horse trailer in the past. They do work great for moving. Got a different trailer lined up this time though. We had a few of our smaller tool trailers lined up at work that are low to the ground and have a ramp on the back. Plus they are fully enclosed so no problems with the weather. Been moving truck loads after work this week and as soon as I am done eating dinner I'm taking another one. The big push has to wait till Saturday but getting all the smaller stuff during the week is helping. Well, I guess I better get off of here or I will never get it done. :) 

Moving and setting up is going well. The new shipyard is almost ready for work to resume with La Couronne in her place and the area for Soleil Royal ready to go. Still have a lot of work to do throughout the rest of the house and the wood shop is no where near ready but we are happily in the new house and hopefully in the next few days work can resume. :)

post-22933-0-59461800-1480368664_thumb.jpg

Yes, the window is one of my favorite things too as my last spot was down in a dark basement with no windows and little light. Now I don't need nearly as many lamps on.

No fear, that clean desk will soon be back to its normal cluttered mess. I like to attempt to keep things organized but too clean means nothing is happening and that is bad. ;)

So I have reopened the shipyard tonight as I managed to get a lot more done than I was planning on the unpacking side of life. As a reward I decided to start Le Soleil Royal. La Couronne will still be taking priority but this allows me to slow down on my frame building and planking as well as make the modifications I want while still working on rigging. So please join me on the new journey and with any luck I will have two nice builds to keep us all entertained. :P