Oyster Yacht by iMack - 1:40 - CNC/CAD/3D Print

Just beautiful.  The mounting shows her lines of very well.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Fantastic! This has been a joy to see come together. You have a ship to be proud of. Best of luck to you on your next adventure.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

I am in love.  That beauty would be perfect for the Cedar River and Lake Michigan.with me and a rod. for something to catch.  Gorgeous.

David B

Thank you everyone. I'm very pleased with her! If you want any more images I'm in the process of updating my online portfolio. 

http://imacke.com/oyster-885.html

@dvm27; Cheers dvm. It's been a great model to work on - and a pleasure to work on a modern design. 

@mtaylor; It does, I'm glad I went ahead with changing the base colour. 

@EJ_L; Thank you my friend. I'm glad you have enjoyed the build. I have enjoyed sharing it with you all. I will keep you updated on the next project. 

@dgbot; Spent a while in Michigan a couple of years back - as I have more family over your side than in Scotland now. I can imagine, I'd love nothing more then to lounge around and do some fishing on a yacht like this. 

@NavalArchAngel; Thanks. It's been an absolute pleasure to build and share. It has been pretty intense these past few weeks so I will have a gap after my London show and before graduating for a little holiday. :) 

Ian,

Whoa to all of the above posts. Beautiful work in such a new technology for crafting a model, in this case, of a "ship". VERY impressive indeed; a pleasure to look at.

Cheers,

MIchael

Edited by md1400cs

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Ian,

I am quite certain that with your skills and enthusiasm, you will not have any problems finding a job in that industry and help design the future marvels sailing our seas.

Good luck and we all hope to see you back on this forum with your next project.

Yves

Thanks Yves. I hope the model is taken well at the 'New Blades' show in London. I am showcasing some of my other architectural work alongside. The interesting part now is travelling with it. 

Ian, I have to agree with the upper statement.  You could use your CD/Pan for your portfolio.

David B

Cheers David. The CD/Pan? 

Ian,

Whoa to all of the above posts. Beautiful work in such a new technology for crafting a model, in this case, of a "ship". VERY impressive indeed; a pleasure to look at.

Cheers,

MIchael

Thank you Michael. It's been a pleasure learning how to construct models this way. Being my first time using a CNC and any fabric work I feel I've learned many new techniques. 

The custom crate is finished, measuring quite a size to accommodate for the mast. Had some minor problems with the thin board as it was bowing in, however that's been resolved with a few wood braces now. I'm in the process of arranging some packing to lock the hull in place and I may put some fabric on the inside of the box just incase it rubs. 

IMG_20160602_163011.jpg

IMG_20160603_150439.jpg

IMG_20160603_150427.jpg