Trabakul by donrobinson - FINISHED - MarisStella - 1:32 scale

Wonderful work, Don ! ''The fun shots'' are telling much more... the art altogether ! ...

Zoran

Hey Dave, I am now using the Gutermann 100% cotton thread and am having good results. I would be more than happy to share my results with you give me  a  pm anytime

Hello Zoran, Thanks for stopping in, this means a lot, it will be finished

Glad to see you're still busy on this build Don. I was wondering something - I am considering starting a new build and was debating whether to pull Trajta off the shelf. I was reading thru the instructions and really struggled with the English. I decided I didn't want to fight that right now so I'll look for something else to start. Are the instructions for Trabakul any better?

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Hello mikiek ... I mus tell that the English is much better at the complete line by now... some of the kits alround are from the last series, so this could be a problem... but anyway, the new English versions are done and they are on the shelves right now ... if it happens that enyone get the old ones, just tel me and I'll send the new ones ...

I love to say that Don is guilty for some of those new textual parts !!

Regards,

Zoran

Hi Mike, Thanks for stopping by. Work on the Trabaccolo has been slow as of late but I am now determined to get it finished soon, if all works out. I think I have been stalling a little as I am unsure whether to install the sails or not and the time is coming very close to make this decision.

The Trajta is a nice looking boat and looks like she would be a fun build with great results. If it were me I would do the Trajta first to just get the feel for the MarisStella kits. They are wonderful kits and are certainly not the same as other kits which adds to the adventure of building one. If you decide to start the Trabaccolo I know the instructions have been re-done, it would be just a matter of contacting Zoran for them, if you have the old ones. As Zoran stated above many of the kits instructions have been re-written, a quick email and Zoran will be there to help with any questions you may have concerning any aspect of the kits or your build.

Whatever decision you make I'll be watching and would be more than happy to help out and to cheer you on.

Hey Don - That's good to know about the updated instructions. I'll see if Zoran can get me a copy. My other Maristella kit is the cog and I don't want to do that one as a secondary build.

I know what you mean about putting things off. It's easy to do. Of course when I do that, I end up getting frustrated that things are not progressing. You can't win either way. From the pix I have seen I think all the Maristella kits should have sails. It will come to you when the time is right.

Stay with it.

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

10 hours ago, MarisStella.hr said:

Hello mikiek ... I mus tell that the English is much better at the complete line by now... some of the kits alround are from the last series, so this could be a problem... but anyway, the new English versions are done and they are on the shelves right now ... if it happens that enyone get the old ones, just tel me and I'll send the new ones ...

I love to say that Don is guilty for some of those new textual parts !!

Regards,

Zoran

Hello Zoran - I am following up from your reply regarding any updated instructions for the Trajta kit. I don't know if what I have is new or old. I bought the kit about 8 months ago. I'd love to get started on Trajta. 

I don't seem to be able to PM the maristella.hr account

Hey Mike, if you go to their website(located on the home page in the ads) you can email from there. If that doesn't work let me know and I can pm you. Also, have you checked out Zoran's build log of the Trajta, it is real informative and detailed, link is in his signature

Thanks to all for stopping in, for your comments and for all the likes. Got a little more done in the last two days mainly the ship's stove is now installed complete with a stockpile of firewood and an axe. The pump was also made and installed, this is a little kit included with the package, I think it looks pretty good. It came with 3 mm copper strapping for the bands, however, I replaced that with some card stock

IMG_2204.thumb.jpg.62717f28676661325e84caa5583c79fe.jpgIMG_2217.thumb.jpg.08200055ee1bb1636ce590542a0c9886.jpgIMG_2218.thumb.jpg.a431f65b7858715d311ace831a90a195.jpgIMG_2219.thumb.jpg.ef8912073372c35881755698fab48e37.jpgIMG_2222.thumb.jpg.222c30c7ddf4820008f06f7b4f080bdc.jpg

Hope you enjoy, have a good evening

Man , that's really looking good Don.... nice!!! work

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Don, quite exquisite!  The small details have me dazzled. But splitting wood in July!  I - hope its not cold in Prince Albert!  The setting for you photos looks very pastoral.

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

7 minutes ago, mrshanks said:

Beautiful Don.  Love the small details!!

I agree, I always looked at that Maris Stella model like its ok but really would not buy or build. Well you opened my eyes and taught me a lesson not to judge by a box cover. You have put the WOW factor into your build, paint scheme is fantastic it really pops in addition to the extras you covered the deck with an excellent job. Don't judge a book by its cover.

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Frank: Thanks so much for stopping in, really good to hear from you again. How is the Red Dragon coming along?

Zoran: Hello, Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated

Doug: Thanks, it was a hot day here yesterday. In the pictures clouds had just started rolling in and a short time later we had a pretty good rain storm. The rain was much needed as the mosquitoes were starting to suffer;)

Mike: Hey, how are things with you? Thanks for dropping in

Hi John, you must have slipped in when I was typing:). Thanks for coming by. They really are good kits and at this scale it is  fun to add and change a few things. The boxes are not the normal flashy and colourful, but when you open the box and see the contents you soon forget about the box lid. Another good thing about the MarisStella colour scheme is that carrying one of these boxes into the house will not catch the Admiral's eye near as much!! ;)

Great work! The little details really bring the model to life. :)

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Thanks EJ, coming up is the ship's boat that I have put off way too long now and I am running out of things to do so I'll have to bite the bullet and start on it.

Thanks Steve, great of you stopping by

I love that wood bundle!

Zoltan: Thanks for the compliment and for stopping in

Mike: Thanks, just wish the real firewood was that easy to cut and split

Fabulous work Don, it was a real pleasure to read through your log - a master class in model shipbuilding.

Cheers

Nigel

Current Build - HMS Victory, Caldercraft - scale  1:64,  started September 2021

Cutty Sark, Constructo - scale 1:115, finished August 2021

HMS Bounty, Constructo - Scale 1:50 - First wooden kit build, finished April 2019

Don, lovely work as usual. I really echo your words to John about the MarisStella kits, the quality is a step above other kits for sure.  I've been enjoying your Saskatchewan weather just north of Lloyd for a week. It just doesn't get any better than this, except maybe for the mosquitoes😬. Anyway please give us good pictures of the rigging when you get going on that.

ian

Hey Ian, how are things going? Thanks for stopping and for the compliment. I will be certain to take lots of pictures of the rigging, which should be coming soon. Next is the rudder then ship's boat followed by the rigging. With any luck hopefully she will be on display by end of August.

And what the heck are you doing North of LLoyd?

Nigel - Thanks for joining in and welcome to the Trabakul build. You are far too gracious, I surely appreciate it

Jean-Pierre - Thank You for the nice compliment. I couldn't agree more with what you have said. As much as I love the looks of a "ship of war" building something a little different such as the Trabakul has it's benefits and beauties as well.

4 hours ago, donrobinson said:

As much as I love the looks of a "ship of war" building something a little different such as the Trabakul has it's benefits and beauties as well.

Well put!

Hey Dilbert55, I can't really answer that, however, there was a link in my log earlier on to a fellow who scratch built this same ship and his model also had a stove on deck. I believe, and hopefully Zoran can help on this, that these ships were not on the "high seas" for years at a time so maybe the location is totally feasible.