Transom question on Schooner

I have reached the bulwark planking stage on my Benjamin Latham fishing schooner.  Would appreciate opinion on the rake of the transom and position of  aft main rail.  I have a recently posted a build log that will show my progress so far. Please take a look at attached thumbnails. I have viewed all appropriate build logs for this model but am still unsure as how to proceed.  This is my first serious build.  I appreciate that this transom has been a problem for others. Looking at plans, instructions, build logs and actual photos of this ship I cant see how the bulwark planking fairs into the transom. Mostly due to my lack of experience I suppose.

post-21630-0-62107100-1456779408_thumb.jpg

post-21630-0-86329800-1456779461_thumb.jpg

post-21630-0-17806400-1456779472_thumb.jpg

That was the hardest part for me also.  In looking back at my build of the Lettie G Howard I'm sorry I didn't have better pictures of how it went together or a better write-up but I hope these pictures might help. 

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/4692-lettie-g-howard-schooner-by-capnbob-148-pob-complete/?p=158749

It really is a matter of throwing away the plans and just making it look right.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Bob

Appreciate the input.  I have pretty much reached the same conclusion.  Every time I run into  an issue on this model that is not clearly pictured in plans or instructions, I have reviewed similar builds and just forged ahead and tried to put my self in the place of the real shipwrights trying not to put a square peg in a round hole. Reminds me of tightening the connecting rods on my old 1950 Chevrolet...Take a shim out, re-tighten the bolts till it feels right, start it up and if the piston doesn't knock, it's fixed.  Thanks again 

Mel

Sounds like you have a grasp on it now.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray