Prins Willem by DavidG - Corel - Scale 1:100

the channels are precut ply parts, the slots were too big, I filled them and cut them again. The chainplates also preformed from a single piece of wire, soldered along the vertical edge. Some of them came loose, and I had to solder them. The joint must withstand drilling a hole, where they are fixed to the hull.

IMGP2233.jpg

IMGP2299.JPG

IMGP2298.jpg

Past builds: Prins Willem,  Amati Coca

Current Build: Occre Diana

the last step is the installation of the guns. i built them as the kit supplied, they come in two sizes. the barrels are already blackened and have a nice finish. The guns rigged with the breeching rope, later glued down to the deck.

IMGP2721.JPG

IMGP2378.jpg

a note on the paint scheme. While there are many different interpretations I chose to follow the replica. I know it was more a theme park attraction than a real ship but looked shipshape nevertheless. It caught fire couple of years ago.

207067.jpg

43374232.jpg

My lion needed some severe surgery to get him im the correct position:

I wanted his claws on the bow, and his head where you indicated. So I amputated his front legs, and glued them on, almost a centimeter lower on the body (filling all the gaps with some putty)

I also discarded the metal sides of the galleon, replacing them with some cardboard material. That made it possible to get the scroll somewhat lower, the lion somewhat higher, so it matches (more or less). My bowsprit is on top of the scroll, should be slightly more space between them

Still not finished... everything boxed up for a move.....

Jan

IMG_1974.jpg