Burford 1722 by navymast - scale 1:48 - Suspended

9018254m.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Ever wondered what the inside of an antique ship model looks like? The museum's Rogers Ship Model Collection includes some examples of stunning craftsmanship on the interiors as well as the exteriors. These photographs were taken with the aid of a modern surgical arthroscope. Instead of using it to look inside people’s knees, we use it to look inside our ‘dockyard’ ship models. In this instance we were examining Model No. 54, a model of an unidentified British 70-gun ship; both the ship and this model were built in   . England in the mid 1720s. Here we inserted the scope through the rear double doors of the Great Cabin at the stern and looked forward.                 https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.396021497081817.112946.137100856307217&type=3  

Edited by navymast

Thank you so much for the link to inside the ship, however may I ask if any photos were taken of the cabin sides as this would be extreamly interesting to see if there was any panaling .robinps I allmost forgot to congrat you on your work so kine am I on the tother thing

Hello, Robin. This link - all that I have. Perhaps there are detailed photos of other parts of the ship. But I do not know where to look. Typically, you need a lot of looking around. For a variety of search queries. Sometimes you can find interesting information.

Good evening, Gary. I live and work in Ukraine, Kharkiv. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Харкив. With a translator, I use a little trick. I open the window two interpreters. And I translate one from Russian to English. And then from English into Russian. If the result is I do not like - I formulate the text once more.

Hi Navymast.

You have a fine model that you are making.

What timber are you using ?

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

Hi Navymast.

Your ship is coming along very nicely.

It's a very unique method of building a model ship.

And No I do not know of Grant. Post the Question asking about Grant in another section of the forum as some people have not read your post's.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon, colleagues. I've got a question. I can not find an answer. Maybe someone of you versed in this matter. I'll be glad for your help .  I'm building a model of Burford like Admiralty. What you see in the photo in the subject - it is preparing to build a model of the Admiralty. My question is - Fashion Piese. Ship Photos of the museum models do not provide a clear answer. Maybe someone of you to deal with this issue. I am wondering how this assembly organized on models of British ships. 1665-1720 construction period. It was a time of transition from the flat to a round stern. Those models, photos of which I have attached to the letter. To avoid confusion, I suggest that you choose. Option eh? Or option B? If I am not mistaken, all of these models are part of the collection of the museum in Greenwich ..  1063381584_2498802_22141195.jpg  lar445gejp_6076468_22141222.jpg  2jpg_4711683_22141302.jpg  1099658684_2032809_22141306.jpg  2jpg_2716029_22141318.jpg  larg90ejpg_2503830_22141330.jpg  largejpg_5652285_22141340.jpg  largejpg_6756001_22141352.jpg SLR0376jpg_4855970_22141443.jpg   IMG1159JPG_8988861_22141480.jpg

Edited by navymast