Battle Station by cobra1951 - FINISHED - Panart - 1:23 - Also known as Posto Di Combattimento

Excellent work. One of my favorite parts of these models is adding the furniture and accessories. Every item adds life to the model and makes it easier to picture the deck filled with sailors going about their duties.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Finished off the cartridge containers. Instructions say to glue the straps directly to the wood sides but i put a piece of brass wire in for the straps to fit to

post-11947-0-23174600-1466586194_thumb.jpg

Painted up and straps fitted

post-11947-0-41479600-1466586316_thumb.jpg

Randomly placed them about the deck

post-11947-0-32012500-1466586365_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-13122000-1466586374_thumb.jpg

The brass wire is a nice touch to those canisters. Little details like that make a huge difference especially at that scale. Great job!

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

It all looks so life like. Great work Bob

It looks very realistic in there! I really like that last photo, you can see the overhead beam as well as the stuff on the deck.

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

That's some nice work, Cobr@.

:cheers:

If you are looking for ideas for additional equipment/props to add to your section, then check out some of the photos in Dafi's HMS Victory build.

(The above link only leads to one of his posts ... you'll need to have a look through to find other ideas.)

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

That's some nice work, Cobr@.

:cheers:

If you are looking for ideas for additional equipment/props to add to your section, then check out some of the photos in Dafi's HMS Victory build.

(The above link only leads to one of his posts ... you'll need to have a look through to find other ideas.)

Thanks Steve :)

I'm very familiar with Daniels log i followed it on other forums before i joined MSW :)

I don't want to overload it with more stuff as there are still a lot of things to add, such as, cannon tools. cloth sacks, bowls. and hammocks :huh:

Edited by Cobr@

Thanks to everyone for their likes, remarks and input so far, it's much appreciated :)

Some more input needed here, I have made these two containers, (one for each build) and i am not sure what they are meant to represent as once again no mention of the name is made in the instructions :huh:

My thoughts are they are fuse containers for the touch holes on the cannons. Also i think that what they are should determine where they are placed on the deck

What do you guys think ?

post-11947-0-86227700-1466680844_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobr@

I think you're on the right track, Cobr@. The great guns had been retrofitted with flintlock triggers, but these could break or misfire. The backup was the linstocks or slow match fuses you made there.  I'd think they'd go towards the ship's center-line, between the guns.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

That's exactly what i was thinking they were.

And as there is only one per build then they should be placed where both gun crews can access them :)

Thanks for your help, Appreciated :)

I think you guys have it figured out, they sure look cool

Placed them on the decks between the guns but not directly central between them as i do not want it to look too uniform :huh:

Thanks again for the input guys :)

post-11947-0-34375100-1466683390_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobr@

Looking more and more amazing with every picture!

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

Thanks EJ :)  Also getting harder to get my hands in there too :D  which is why i left all the upper planking off till after i finish the gun deck :huh:

Hi Cobr@

This is a picture of the Gun equipment on the Victory, it might help.

I think you will find that they are, from left.

Water bucket, Sand bucket for placing a smouldering Linstock (prior to gunlock or as a backup) The linstock was a length of wood with a piece of rope attached. The charge carrier for carrying charge bags to the gun. And the ready box which held one or two charge bags in preparation.

Balls or other projectiles were either local to the gun or from a ball locker.

I hope I got that right.

Nick

post-4201-0-50915800-1466686044_thumb.jpg

Thanks Nick :)  Very helpful, shows me some of the parts supplied in my kit are not too far away from the real thing.

Edited by Cobr@