Battle Station by cobra1951 - FINISHED - Panart - 1:23 - Also known as Posto Di Combattimento

Thanks Joe :)

Getting a bit tight for the old fat fingers in there now, :D  be glad to move on to the upper deck :)

Very well done. All those details have come together to make a nice scene. It really is crazy to think of all those men spending months to years living in those small and cramped spaces. Makes me appreciate the modern Navy. It was still small and cramped but felt like a palace compared to that!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

You didn't give 'em any space now, did you. You thought: "What they got in the 17th century they can get now too (28" suffices)" ;)

Looking very good, I'm tempted to jump into one of those hammocks ....

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Just keeps looking better and better Bob.  Was that hammock material in the kit? I don't remember seeing it.

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

• 3 weeks later...

Decided i am going to give both of these builds to my grandson. Now they are finished i don't particularly want to keep one, mainly because the fun is in the build for me and once built i lose interest in some builds, and this is one of them :huh:

For some reason the grandson doesn't want me to fit the hammock nets on the outer edge, he reckons the builds look better without them, and i don't totally disagree with him so they have been left off as per his instruction :)

So we will now call these builds finished :)

post-11947-0-22176200-1469716060_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-37999500-1469716081_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-95861800-1469716089_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-74974300-1469716100_thumb.jpg

Congrats on completing 2 or em.

Nice to see as almost as per kit.

Have  fun on your next build.

Do the Caldercraft its worth the effort...

Thanks Paul :)

If you mean the Caldercraft Victory i already have partially built that one too, but part way through i found it was going to overhang the place i had in mind to keep it by about 8 inches. which meant it would have got bashed every time someone went near it :o

Already have the section kit Navio Rayo and the Occre Endeavour waiting

Edited by Cobr@

Very well done Bob. Great work. I look forward to seeing your next build. Are you going to set up for the Endeavour?

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

Lose the final product if you want, but don't lose that knowledge B) I'm still counting on you guys for help with my version of this kit.

Very well done by the way :10_1_10:   This is a cool build.

I don't have enough builds under my belt to contemplate giving away the fruits of my efforts. That may change when I run into the 'lack of display space' problem :(

Good luck on your next adventure!

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo                             

Very well done Bob. Great work. I look forward to seeing your next build. Are you going to set up for the Endeavour?

Thanks EJ

I'm thinking along the lines of doing them both side by side :)  Something to do while glue is drying

Lose the final product if you want, but don't lose that knowledge B) I'm still counting on you guys for help with my version of this kit.

Very well done by the way :10_1_10:   This is a cool build.

I don't have enough builds under my belt to contemplate giving away the fruits of my efforts. That may change when I run into the 'lack of display space' problem :(

Good luck on your next adventure!

Thanks Mike :)

I follow your build of this kit, so i will always answer any questions you have as will others i'm sure :)

Well, that was a bang, very beautiful detailed build, Bob. Your grandson should be thrilled his grandfather made him such a personal gift!!!

Thanks Carl :)

Beautiful Bob, You are an awesome Granddad, I'm sure he is very excited!! 

Thanks EJ

I'm thinking along the lines of doing them both side by side :)  Something to do while glue is drying

That is why I'm looking forward to starting my next build as well. It will be nice to be able to switch back and forth between rigging la Couronne and framing/planking le Soleil Royale. I tend to have a lot of down time on both of those phases while glue is drying. Plus it helps with burn out as both of those ships are massive builds and so those two phases of building are extremely long and monotonous.

I will be watching for your next log!

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

I totally agree about burnout. sometimes you will notice more than a week go by before i update, that's because if a am not in the mood i will just leave it and do something else. The worst time to build is when you don't feel like it because we all know what the outcome is :o:(:angry: lol

Let me add my congratulations Bob, superb work and a masterclass in model-making without a doubt. It really is exquisite work and take it from one who tries so hard to emulate you - but is so far behind.

Thanks for sharing it with us

Bryan

PS I'm strongly considering this for my next work, I've researched it enough to know its not difficult to get hold of, but who do you recommend - msg me if you like.

Completed build Caronada Francese

Completed build Posto di Combattimanto

Current build Navio Rayo - Puesto de Combate

Current build HMS Bounty

Completed build HMS Victory Cross Section

Completed build HM Brig "Supply"

Completed build The Lady Nelson

Hi Bob.

You made a cracking job of the Gun bays. With lots of extra bits and details.

Pat yourself on the back for me.

What's next ??????

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

Thanks Antony :)

I didn't add an extra bits all is oob. unless you count changing the breaching rope for some decent stuff :)  and making my own gun port lids

but nothing was added for extra detail. In fact it got so crowded in there that i left out some of the barrels

Next is

Occre: HMB Endeavour

Disarmodel: Navio Rayo section

Hi Paul

Yes i left them off as it was what he wanted. I would rather leave them off and give him something he likes rather than put them on and tell him he has to have it in a way he doesn't like