Throat-seizing for the shrouds on dead-eyes

dancat

Hi All,

In a lot of the literature it is written that shrouds are turned on the dead-eyes by using a throat-seizing (I.e.: http://www.hnsa.org/doc/luce/part11.htm).

I've noticed in a lot of pictures on the forum that on models this one is usually skipped. Is this a 'normal' practice to make on the models?

I am asking because I have tried to make it as in the pictures, but failed. Is there a  known method to make one on a model? I have 'asked' google, but failed to get something till now.

Thanks for help!

Bye,

Daniel

You can do it like this, but....

after attaching the lanyards, it is hardly visible that you did the 'vertical' seizing.

Also: as the shrouds are far more playable that the Original stuff, puttin gthe whole thing at a ceratin amount of tension, tends to remove the little gap between the parts of the shroud.

But okay, mine is scale 1:100, so at larger scale it will probably visible.

But t's fun to do :)

The vertical throat seizing is not done differently from the 'normal' ones: make a small loop in the shroud, make the seizing, then insert the deadeye and fiddle around until it is at the correct height,

secure the seizing, and make a second (and third) one above the throat seizing.

Jan

Edited by amateur