HMS Thorn by Kevin Kenny - Swan class 1:48 scale - David Antscherl practium

Stay safe.

Alan O'Neill
"only dead fish go with the flow"   :dancetl6:

Ongoing Build (31 Dec 2013) - HMS BELLEROPHON (1786), POF scratch build, scale 1:64, 74 gun 3rd rate Man of War, Arrogant Class

Member of the Model Shipwrights of Niagara, Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada (2016), and the Nautical Research Guild (since 2014)

Associate member of the Nautical Research and Model Ship Society (2021)

Offshore member of The Society of Model Shipwrights (2021)

4 minutes ago, AON said:

Stay safe.

Like Alan says.

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

I love the guns, but hate the news about the virus.  Good on getting the vaccines but do take precautions since the variants are starting to appear.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Kevin we were in various stages of lock down in NYS for approximately 6 months until we beat it back to a low infection rate only to have it surge again year end. The only salvation for me beyond the good company of my lovely wife was modeling. With the rollout of the vaccine in your area here is hoping life as you have known it can be returned sooner than later.

Joe

Edited by Thistle17
Spelling

On 5/15/2021 at 11:11 PM, Kevin Kenny said:

I’ve had my first Vaccine, the second due in June

Luckily, we had our vaccines in January. Apart from masking indoors, all restrictions are now lifted except for foreign travel. I encourage everyone to get there shots a.s.a.p. and meet fellow modelers in the flesh.  

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section

Nice job Kevin. You can even out the blackened finish by polishing with a soft lint free cloth or using a buffing wheel at low speed in a rotary tool.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Now working on the swivel guns and the swivels in particular. This is my first attempt. Also yesterday the new Ipad pro arrived along with some new toys for the shop. The solder past will be essential in building the cannons and fitting the monograms. I have wanted to upgrade my soldering iron for a long time.

74E5EBF7-3994-49A4-9E95-009CE906D84F.jpeg

4D276331-18CF-49A3-BA01-E331A064CD06.jpeg

151B94AA-28D6-4A09-BE35-110C4DD81314.jpeg

847F591C-15AF-4DCD-A778-159F546C707E.jpeg

FB4E458D-E779-48BF-B493-63708BE19FF7.jpeg

F8771E7C-DD02-43D5-920B-127895568515.jpeg

Nice job Kevin! Do you have the sensitive drilling attachment for the Sherline Mill? It makes drilling small holes in brass a snap.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

Finished build

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on the completion of this deck Kevin. Another milestone. The complexity of a build such as this guarantees errors will be made. But it's very complexity makes it difficult for the eye to focus on individual errors. The overall appearance is excellent!

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

Finished build

Current build
Speedwell, 1752