AlexBaranov

Imperial yacht Standart (1893) by Alexey Baranov - FINISHED - Done - scale 1:48

Hi Alex,

guess the technique you are using for the hull made in CNC milled sections and then fitted together is like the professionals do for "builders models", or for the watertank drag test hulls...... ;)

The models look fantastic !!

Nils

Yes, it really looks like ... But on a fantastic result too early to speak. While all invented goes according to plan (no more). Let's hope and try to get an excellent result. I'd like to ...

Alex! How much time was spent on processing housing parts with CNC?

For the two buildings (calculation according to the program) took 64 hours. However, I accelerated the flow. Upon 4 days 16 hours a day. 20 parts processed. The average size of 700Х300Х90 mm

Hi Alex - Fabulous subject and very nice CAD work especially like the Hotchkiss. I look forward to following you on your high tech journey  Cheers Pete

Nils

I found a very good brass pipes in the network. different diameters, good brass (LS 63) of the pipe body thickness of 1 mm. These pipes will be very necessary for the manufacture of ventilation ducts and other parts. He spent almost 200 euros. However, I had to buy three times more than necessary. Diller sells pipe only 3 meters long! I had to buy more than is necessary.

post-3554-0-21970500-1470321714.jpg

Edited by AlexBaranov

Alex,

you`re right, thats a very costy solution, Are there no Hobby shops in the near surroundings where you live ?

Are you able to buy from German web-shops for receiving through the postway ? If you wish I can give you some links for the web-shops I use.....

Nils

Alex! Great job! But the body, especially that big, I suggest to attach securely to Desk or workbench, I once dropped... But the damage was small! Yes, and you know probably as it happens.

Alex - a really fascinating build that I have been following silently for a while. I look forward to future posts.

In terms of tubing this link may be of interest...... http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/Assorted_Selections.html

I'm not sure they ship to your part of the world but they do seem to send to most countries. Their assorted metal tubes come in handy for making a lot of fittings.