Black Sea Coaster Çektirme by mhmtyrl - Finished

I agree with Patrick.  This is amazing work with the weathering.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 4 weeks later...

hello every body

in the mean time I have worked on the rigging, except for the sails all seems to be finished, some weathering will be applied to metal parts, looks too shiny now :-) not appropriate for my model....

the hook of the winch looks like a fish hook now but I will hang a bulk of cargo on it, hope that appearance will be changed then :-)

Mehmet

post-10466-0-48911900-1467525940_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-82174000-1467525976_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-40183300-1467526008_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-12378200-1467526041_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-37235000-1467526074_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-27952900-1467526111_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-91805500-1467526140_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-27987900-1467526178_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-51869200-1467526208_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-31976600-1467526251_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-46552300-1467526278_thumb.jpg

post-10466-0-28080500-1467526378_thumb.jpg

There has been a lot said about the weathered paint, which is great, but I just noticed the wood under the paint looks old and shrunken also.  Well done, you've built a find ship.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Mehmet

Your boat has so much atmosphere, that I can easily imagine the putt-putt sounds of the engine, the exhaust trailing away in the breeze, the bilge water being pumped overboard, the nets swaying from side to side from the swell of the ocean, the seagulls lurking overhead for a quick meal and the captain yelling at his ship mates.  What more can you ask for?

Lovely work!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Mehmet

Your boat has so much atmosphere, that I can easily imagine the putt-putt sounds of the engine, the exhaust trailing away in the breeze, the bilge water being pumped overboard, the nets swaying from side to side from the swell of the ocean, the seagulls lurking overhead for a quick meal and the captain yelling at his ship mates.  What more can you ask for?

Lovely work!

Cheers

Patrick

thank you Patrick, that is exactly the scene I want to form :-)  a diaroma just as you described would be great  idea by the way...(in the future ofcourse :-)

• 5 weeks later...

Just amazing the weathering on this model, Mehmet.  Looking very realistic.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Again, excellent work! The rust on your anchor chain is incredible and I love the cargo wrappings. They add another interesting detail to a ship full of interesting details. :)

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Again, excellent work! The rust on your anchor chain is incredible and I love the cargo wrappings. They add another interesting detail to a ship full of interesting details. :)

thank you :-)

some more cargo is coming....I will also place some partially rusted barrels on the deck

An excellent work. Always, in my opinion, the small boats give great results.

thank you Demetri,I strongly agree with that... in small boats you dont have to mass produce things like blocks, deadeyes, cannons etc., this gives you a lot of time to improvise items on the deck as well as detailed weathering :-)

She's looking wonderful and the rag on top of the deckhouse is a master's touch.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Mehmet 

I kinda like the barrels.  The only thing that's missing are the rope lashings that would hold them in place against the bulwarks.

My opinion only, of course!

Cheers

Patrick

I am planning to use chains for lashing, do you think it will be appropriate? I like chains, they can be weathered more than ropes

Down at my family's fishing camp in Louisiana, it is common to see barrels lashed on a boats deck with either chains or rope. Often just depends on what is available to the boat owner at the time. As thereare dozens of uses for metal barrels on a boat I think they are a great addition.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

• 4 months later...