HMAT Supply by riverboat - FINISHED - Jotika/Caldercraft- 1/64th scale

Frank,

I heard, also.;  I hope you're doing better and can get to the shipyard soon. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 month later...

Hi Frank, I wanted to wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year.....it's been a good year....

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

have a great holiday Frank!   I hope your feeling better ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

And also from Colorado.  Must be tough decorating those palm trees!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

you'll have to pardon Augie,   Frank........he doesn't understand how hard it is to paint all those coconuts different colors....let alone the tinsel  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

• 2 months later...

Thank you Mattie and Nigel for looking in and your kind comments..... Just a quick update as to where I'm at,( no pictures at this time, sorry Sjors!) I don't want anyone to think I've abandoned ship :P ......... it's been awhile since I've posted any progress..... All I have left to do on the rigging is to tie off the port side fore mast back stays , then  I'm finished with the rigging. this I plan to do today :D :D :D :D . The only things left to do will be adding some misc. features and reinstalling the cat heads.When that's finished then I'll post some finished pictures . My thanks to everyone here for all the help I've received to put this together.

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Sitting on edge of chair waiting for photo reveal.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

post-612-0-53417700-1394128768.gif

looking forward to the reveal Frank!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Your delving into painting figures looks like it is working out for you quite well!!

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

• 4 weeks later...

Well here it is folks........... the final update !!!!!.........  and I must say, it's about time... whew!!, for awhile there I thought  I'd never get this finished. Any how, here's a few pictures ,hope you like them, and again

thanks to everyone here who helped me to put this together

post-73-0-48695000-1396906508_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-75378300-1396906500_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-92354500-1396906683_thumb.jpg

you've heard of a skeleton crew, well when it came time to placing the figures, I realized I 

didn't have a figure for the tiller , so I made a wire skeleton fig.to fill in. Next time I go to Michaels

I'll get some clay and try my luck at making a figure.

post-73-0-27976000-1396906705_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-65767000-1396906715_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-91594700-1396906728_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-61309200-1396906740_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-89351600-1396907520_thumb.jpg

That's it, I have a couple more different shots that I'll add in the gallery. Thanks for look'n in.

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

A simply fantastic rendition!  Unique in every aspect.  A project of which you should be very proud.  I'm happy to have been among your many followers.

Now ------ what's next ?????????

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Wayne......... thanks for dropping by, glad you liked it, I'm just glad it finally got finished !! :)

Sherry ......... Thank you too for look'n in. The more I got into the weathering process , the more I wondered if I was doing the

right thing   :o     , but now that it's finished I'm pleased with most of it. :P

Augie ..........  I was happy to have you on board, your encouraging remarks always helped to keep me going. I have two kits in the closet,

Amati's Bomb Ketch, and Kricks Alert. I think I'll tackle the Alert first, it's a little different. Thanks again for all of your support.

frank

USRC "ALERT"

Absolutely gorgeous work Frank!  I really love the weathering that you did with great effect.  It adds a ton of character to your model.  Thanks for sharing your journey with us - looking forward to your Alert build!  Just saw that it is 1:24 scale - that should be a lot of fun, especially for the opportunity to add cool details.

Edited by Landlubber Mike

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Frank.......what a work of art!  she looks fantastic with the gathered sails and figures :)   it was quite a journey.......but you got her across the finish line..........I hope your proud of yourself! :)  ........just a super job!   is there another in your future?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Just caught this. Love the weathering & even the barnacles! Never seen a model done like this. Great job!

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle

I love cutters.  I'm sure you'll do her proud.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Thank you all for your comments:

Mike   ............   thanks for your support and encouragement thru this build, I'm looking forward to be working with some new lumber :D 

the Alert should be a nice change, I hope !! :P

Popeye  .........   your work, like so many here, has always been an inspiration, so thanks for helping me get to the finish line :)

like I told Augie and Mike , my next will be the Alert, so stick around, I'll be needing your help again!!

JesseLee  .......  I'm Glad you like the look, I thought I'd try something a little different .  It's not every ones cup of tea but for those who like

a beat up look, I thank you for look'n in :D

Augie.............   I hope so :rolleyes:

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

edmay .......  Thanks for your comments, it took awhile to get her finished, but I'm pretty satisfied with the end result.

Frank

USRC "ALERT"