HMAT Supply by riverboat - FINISHED - Jotika/Caldercraft- 1/64th scale

you did a splendid job on the figures Frank........what made you think you didn't?   your technique is spot on......they look very real and ready for the sea ;)

I like the Flint Bros............you gave them all different shirts,  so you can tell them apart  hee....heee

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks  for meeting the crew!!

Dirk....... thanks for looking in..... glad you liked the crew !

Pete & Wacko...... the figures are made by Amati and I purchased them from Cornwall Model Boats. ( they come unpainted ) :(

B.E......  Thanks again for the info you gave me, and I'm pleased that you approve of the finished look :)

Sjors...... I gave the crew a little shore time since rigging work is still in progress, once that's finished they will be put in place

Popeye......  thanks for your input..... Those Flint bros. are really quite a foursome, they look more suited for the head than they do manning cannons :D  :D

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Great looking crew Frank.  Though I must admit, they seem to be doing some sort of disco dancing...?..!!!  I just assuming that they are a happy lot to have a good Captain and a fine ship.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Mark, right now they're a happy crew, but I can't  say what they'll be like when we head out for Australia, it's a pretty long trip and you know how yancey sailors get ! :D  :D I just hope they don't pull a "Bounty"  scene !! :o

USRC "ALERT"

Very nice Frank!  

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Frank,

Since today is a non-modeling day (having new central air installed next to my work area), it's giving me the opportunity to look in on builds I haven't seem before.  There's only so much forum read time and to read all that's contained here would require 24/7 time. 

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your work.  I'm absolutely blown away with your weathering and detail skills.  Thanks for taking the time posting and allowing us to look in as this build develops.

Happy modeling,

Len

Current build: HMS Bellerophon semi-scratch from plans of Victory Models HMS Vanguard 

Drydock:  MS Constitution

Completed builds: MS AVS, scratch built Syren, Victory models HMS Fly

Thanks Anja,Mike, Matti,and Len, for coming onboard to meet the crew !!.........  they're getting more attention than they deserve :D :D 

Frank 

USRC "ALERT"

Frank, you did an excellent job on your crew painting! Those figures are outstanding. They will be be a great addition to your very well done Supply.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Hey Patrick, how you doing?........ thanks for your comments, the Amati figures are pretty nice, they have a lot of detail built into them, for the money you can't go wrong. It would have been nice if they came pre painted, :P   but, It was fun painting them, even if it was a little time consuming. The eyes and hands  dictated the time spent on them  :D  :D 

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Now that's a lively bunch of sailors, Frank, beautiful paint job there! B) 

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Those figures look superb Frank. I'm off to Cornwall model boats website to have a look at them! I was about to order some things from them anyway, so if the scale's right I might add some to it just for a trial! (I definitely can't match your painting skills.)

Arthur glad you like the crew,  they would be a nice addition to your Vanguard too, just keep an eye on them, they like to party :D

Now that's a lively bunch of sailors, Frank, beautiful paint job there! B)

Hi Aldo........ glad you liked the  crew too !........ thanks for all your support ( past and present!! )

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Hi Derek....... How you been ?.......... haven't talked to you in  awhile..... Glad you like the little guys!!!... I'll have to pop over to your log and see how you're doing.

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frank, somehow I missed your log.  This is outstanding, and really an inspiration.  I'll be watching it now.

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Frank

Why am I not at surprised at all that your crew badly needs a washing day for their clothes? And are there really barnacles growing on some of the trousers? :huh:

:) Love them – great job. :)

Cheers

Peter

Wonderful work. It was good to see a weathered model, seems a rare oportunity in MS building. But weathering everything, including the crew really works, doesn't it. Gives it charm and warmth. Love it!

Rafael.

Built:

-bragozzo http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/member/867-artitec3/

-leut by MiniMamoli

-passenger boat by Artitec (resin kit)

Current build: paranza fishing boat (of the Adriatic) by Corel

On the shelf: Gulnara by Krick

how you doing Frank?   I hope you are well......looks like the drums are bang'in again.........have you made any progress with your fine build?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hey Frank, I've seen some shady looking guys in my time but that crew of yours is something else, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them, and those brothers, cut your throat as soon as look at ya. :piratetongueor4:  :piratetongueor4: :piratetongueor4:  

Ya gotta keep a beady eye on them folks I tell ya. All they need now is a ship to go on, no need to rush though, take your time, just rearrange the ropes from time to time and you never know what might happen. :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  

You've painted them very well mate well done.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw that.  Got my fingers crossed for you.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

I saw it too.........hope it nothing serious.   get better my friend!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Frank, let me echo what others have said - hope you're doing ok and that things are fine now.  Best wishes to you my friend.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Hi Frank, Hope you can read this with your left eye buddy. B)  B) B)  B)  B)  B)  

I do hope all went well for you mate and that you are on the mend, just don't go straining it at this early stage, take your time my friend. :)  :)

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-