riverboat

HMAT Supply by riverboat - FINISHED - Jotika/Caldercraft- 1/64th scale

Hi Frank, Hope you can read this with your left eye buddy. B)  B) B)  B)  B)  B)  

I do hope all went well for you mate and that you are on the mend, just don't go straining it at this early stage, take your time my friend. :)  :)

mobbsie

Hi Frank, i also wish you Merry Christmas and happy new year, hope that nex year will be successful and full of new experiens and pleasant..

Pavel

O.K. ...... now for a little update, at this time I'd like to introduce you all to the ......................

" HMAT  SUPPLY CREW "

this is my first go at painting figures, so please excuse the flops here and there :D The Captain's name is Wesley R. Starboard. his first mate is Lowell L Port  ( sound familiar? :P ), the gun crew are the Flint brothers, Manny , Mo, Jack and Clyde. The Bosun's name is

John Fixit........ last but not least are the rigging crew...... as of this time we have on-board the Shroud brothers ( this is a family oriented ship :D ), James,John and Joan( how did she get in here??) ... then we have three other guys, and I have  no idea who they are!!! they must 've

picked them up at MSW 1 :D  :D ...Any how . stop by and say hello to them and have a couple :cheers:

Frank

attachicon.gif042 (800x532).jpg

Capt. Starboard

attachicon.gif040 (800x532).jpg

First Mate L.L Port

attachicon.gif039 (800x532).jpg

gun crew ... the Flint Brothers

attachicon.gif016 (800x532).jpg

Bosun's mate J. Fixit

attachicon.gif017 (800x532).jpg

the Shroud brothers ( and girl )

attachicon.gif019 (800x532).jpg

the three other guys ( I don't know who they are )

and........ two last group pictures!!!!

attachicon.gif030 (800x532).jpg

attachicon.gif031 (800x532).jpg

Hope you all enjoyed meeting the crew!!!! It's a motely looking crew....but then again, look at the ship they're on  :D  :D  

Hi Frank

Great job on the crew, they do  look very realistic I have a bunch to paint and add to my HMS Victory but this will come after the rigging,      Enjoy.

Regards   Lawrence,

This brings us to the final stage of the build in the first folder. This section shows the start of the weathering process of the hull and the addition of the barnacles to the hull.

Hi Frank

Golly she sure got old very fast, great job,           ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Thank you Mattie and Nigel for looking in and your kind comments..... Just a quick update as to where I'm at,( no pictures at this time, sorry Sjors!) I don't want anyone to think I've abandoned ship :P ......... it's been awhile since I've posted any progress..... All I have left to do on the rigging is to tie off the port side fore mast back stays , then  I'm finished with the rigging. this I plan to do today :D :D :D :D . The only things left to do will be adding some misc. features and reinstalling the cat heads.When that's finished then I'll post some finished pictures . My thanks to everyone here for all the help I've received to put this together.

Frank

Well here it is folks........... the final update !!!!!.........  and I must say, it's about time... whew!!, for awhile there I thought  I'd never get this finished. Any how, here's a few pictures ,hope you like them, and again

thanks to everyone here who helped me to put this together

post-73-0-48695000-1396906508_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-75378300-1396906500_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-92354500-1396906683_thumb.jpg

you've heard of a skeleton crew, well when it came time to placing the figures, I realized I 

didn't have a figure for the tiller , so I made a wire skeleton fig.to fill in. Next time I go to Michaels

I'll get some clay and try my luck at making a figure.

post-73-0-27976000-1396906705_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-65767000-1396906715_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-91594700-1396906728_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-61309200-1396906740_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-89351600-1396907520_thumb.jpg

That's it, I have a couple more different shots that I'll add in the gallery. Thanks for look'n in.

Frank

A simply fantastic rendition!  Unique in every aspect.  A project of which you should be very proud.  I'm happy to have been among your many followers.

Now ------ what's next ?????????

Wayne......... thanks for dropping by, glad you liked it, I'm just glad it finally got finished !! :)

Sherry ......... Thank you too for look'n in. The more I got into the weathering process , the more I wondered if I was doing the

right thing   :o     , but now that it's finished I'm pleased with most of it. :P

Augie ..........  I was happy to have you on board, your encouraging remarks always helped to keep me going. I have two kits in the closet,

Amati's Bomb Ketch, and Kricks Alert. I think I'll tackle the Alert first, it's a little different. Thanks again for all of your support.

frank

Absolutely gorgeous work Frank!  I really love the weathering that you did with great effect.  It adds a ton of character to your model.  Thanks for sharing your journey with us - looking forward to your Alert build!  Just saw that it is 1:24 scale - that should be a lot of fun, especially for the opportunity to add cool details.

Edited by Landlubber Mike

Frank.......what a work of art!  she looks fantastic with the gathered sails and figures :)   it was quite a journey.......but you got her across the finish line..........I hope your proud of yourself! :)  ........just a super job!   is there another in your future?