HMAT Supply by riverboat - FINISHED - Jotika/Caldercraft- 1/64th scale

I'll look forward to the start of your new build  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Andy...... thanks for your comments and support, looking forward to having you on board next time around.

Popeye......  you'll be welcomed to be on board!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Congratulations Frank,

a very impressive model your Supply in all repects

Well done !!

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Well done Frank - a lot of work and worth it - fantastic. Enjoyed watching your build

Regards

Doug

Completed: HM Brig Supply - JoKita / Caldercraft 1:64

HMS Fly - Caldercraft 1:64

HMS Sherborne - Caldercraft 1:64

HM Brig Flirt - Vanguard 1:64

Hi Frank,

You are not only a very talented and skilful modeller but you are also a fine artist. Not many modellers could pull off what you have achieved.

You have every right to be extremely proud of her my friend.

I have enjoyed your journey and look forward to your future challenges.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Wow Frank,

We talk a lot about it when you where finished with the Supply.

And now, in 2014 you did it !!!!!!!!!!

Really great job my friend !

You can be proud of your self.

Give her a nice place in your house and enjoy the view !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

I've always admired models where the craft and technique is so good that it recedes into the background, and the model becomes an animated story, an illustrated insight into what it was like to live and work on one of these ships.  Your "Supply" is a great example of this art.

Thanks again to everyone!!!

Tonynewman ..... Thanks for your comments. The figures are from Cornwall Model Boats, I'm pretty sure they're

Amati"s figures !/64th scale.

Dirk..............       It's always nice hearing from you, Glad you liked how it turned out.

Mirabell61 ........    Thank you for looking in and commenting on my build. It took awhile , thought I'd never get finished :P

Doug .............       Finally!! finished her Doug. :) :) Thanks for your nice comments.

Mobbsie .........      Well Tony, it's a done deal !!.... I'll bet you thought I'd never finish :P ( me too).. thanks for all your accolades, but I'm

really not worthy of them, but thank you anyway. Now I'll clean up the work bench and get ready for the next one :rolleyes:

thanks for all your support Tony

Sjors ............        "2014"..... :Whew: finished!!!! About time , right Sjors..... for right now she's sitting on my piano, she seems to be happy

with that , so I'll probably leave her there for awhile. Thanks for all your support during this build it was very much

appreciated.

Matti ...........            WOW!!! those pictures look a 100%  better!! Thank you so much . I sent you a pm. and thanks for all your kind and

encouraging reply's thru out this build. :im Not Worthy:

Bob  .........               Thanks for look'n in , your kind words really make me feel like I'm better than I really am :D :D . How about that UCONN !!!

Frank

Edited by riverboat

USRC "ALERT"

Congratulations on finishing and making one fantastic model.   post-76-0-96892900-1397016583.gifpost-76-0-96892900-1397016583.gifpost-76-0-96892900-1397016583.gifpost-76-0-96892900-1397016583.gif    The crew is the icing on that cake... even more alive with them.  Thanks for letting us follow along. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Congratulations Frank. That is a very fine rendition and the addition of crew and sails works perfectly with your aging. More a diorama than just a simple model. Stunning stuff.

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

thanks Mark, it took awhile to finish her up, but perseverance came to the rescue :P Thanks for all of your input these past 4 years , you are very much appreciated on this site.

Alistair, glad you liked the Supply, it was a fun build, a little trying at times , but all in all an enjoyable one.

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Frank,

congrats to the Launch of your Supply, we heard all the horns as she browsed down the slipway...

But what hapened to your cameras Flash ? this fine model is worth and desperately crying for having bright and colorful Photos.

It is a beautiful model you can be proud of...

What is your next ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

Nils............ my next build will be the cutter Alert by Krick. As for the flash , it's working just fine, but I choose  not to use it this time, I wanted the dark background  to contrast  the ship . It's the effect I as looking for. Next one I'll try and do some brighter ones too. Promise!! :blush: Thanks again

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Frank,

Understand your Intension with the dark Background...

can`t wait for you to get started with the Alert(one of my favorite cutters)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Arthur, they say flattery will get you  nowhere....... not true......... with me , flattery will get you everywhere !! :D :D :D

Thanks for your nice post , very much appreciated.

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

oh frank........I just remembered.......I still have those starfish..........dress your stand up real nice ;)     my offer still stands :)

.....Hampton beach, N.H..........1980's....make a great conversation piece!   love your work Frank ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hey Popeye, I forgot about those too. I still have'nt decided what I'm going to do . do you have a picture of them and whats their size?

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Hello Frank

Congratulations! What a lovely, dirty, outstanding, smelly, great old boat you made there. With your artistic weathering you achieved one unique masterpiece.

Cheers

Peter

these are all I have left, my friend. if you would like some, I'd be happy to send them your way!

post-612-0-56122600-1397153998_thumb.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Popeye those are cool,I'll p.m. you my address.

Peter........ I guess it does fit all those descriptions :D I don't know how artistic it is, but I'm glad you liked it.Thanks

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Well done Frank, she's turned out great :) .

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

Frank, outstanding Supply sir!!! I love the weathering and crew. It all really brings your ship to life.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Hi Patrick.......  thanks for looking in, glad you liked the end result, It really was a fun build, I think I enjoyed making it look used more than

the actual build itself.  I only wish there were some real pictures of these ships showing their aging process so one could get a better perspective, but all in all, I'm satisfied how it turned out. .Thanks again'

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

• 4 weeks later...

now that you have the starfish...............I'm waiting to see what you come up with  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Frank... WOW!!!!

What a beautiful and fantastic job!   The weathering really gives it some life of it's own and it is a testament to your craftsmanship.

Just love it!!

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

• 7 months later...

Hi Frank,

Just catching up to congratulate you on completing Supply, she turned out wonderfully my friend, all the modifications you've done to her have really paid off, excellent work Sir :)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

• 1 year later...

Hi Frank

I have been looking through builds for Supply and without doubt you have done one beautiful job indeed. I am hoping to get the Caldercraft kit in the next few weeks and will use your build log as a learning kerb for myself if that is ok. I will take heed as well in certain areas for the rigging where following the kit instructions makes things harder later on, such as doing the ratlines etc first. Thanks for a great post.

Terry

Current build: Caldercraft 1:64 HM Brig Supply

Finished builds: HMS Endeavours longboat

This next batch shows  the placing of the battens to ready for the first planking.

Can I ask something please? in the pictures you show the setting of the battens for the first planking, then as you plank I noticed the battens come off, can I ask what the batten procedure does so to speak, is it a way of aligning the planks somehow. Many thanks.

Terry

Current build: Caldercraft 1:64 HM Brig Supply

Finished builds: HMS Endeavours longboat