Hello all,

As many of you know company C.Mamoli (producer of Mamoli model kits) completely burn down two years back.

I would like to inform you that this week after long time negotiations me and owners of C.Mamoli sign the contract for transfer license of all Mamoli model kits into my ownership.

As there are no parts which survived from the fire I have to start production from beginning and for this reason I cannot start production of all kits at the same time.

I plan to start production of MiniMamoli kits first which could be available in the Autumn and then I would like to add step by step also the kits from MV series. I also plan to redesign some MV kits into contemporary standards.

Best regards

Daniel Dusek

That's excellent news Daniel!

You must now have a HUGE pile of work ahead of you. Are the Mini-Mamoli kits going to continue to use pre-carved hulls? Just curious.

I expect to find out that you'll be locked away in a ship model kit designing dungeon for many months to come!

Best of luck with the new product line. I'll be looking forward to seeing the new re-releases.

Clare

Thanks guys for all coments and likes.

I plan to redesign some parts in the kits (especialy some which was produced from metal and could be easily produced from wood), also I would like to redesign skeletons of the hull of some ships (using of precut gun ports and etc.). The models will still sell under the Mamoli brand and MiniMamoli kit will have pre-carved hulls.

Daniel

Jan, the basic configuration will stay the same like it is now because the plans are not in some CAD file but mainly hand made drawings and big rebuild would be too difficult and economicaly disadvantageous. I plan to redesign mainly the skeleton of the hull, new keel and posts of some models and then partial parts as for example gun carriages, gratings, capstans, maybe ships boat for bigger kits and similar details which are often replaced by scratch build.

Scott, it will depend on sales, sometimes it is really interesting that fiction ships are better selling article than real ships ;)

Daniel

And Here I've been buying up Mamoli kits on ebay because I was assuming they would be gone forever, although the kits I bought I got for a small fraction of the original retail. I have yet to build any since I have like 19 other projects going on that I need to finish first. My first impressions from opening the box was that everything was very nice quality. 

Glad to hear the model line will continue. 

Next I'd be happy to hear someone buying Midwest's rights and restart production of their line. I got into the hobby with their kits and continue to build them with my own revisions for detail and accuracy. 

So the largest challenge that Mamoli kits seemed to have is over the really bad English translations. I am assuming you will also be rewriting all the instructions. That is going to be quite a challenge!

Congratulations on picking up the mantle. It is great that the Mamoli name will continue. Where will you be manufacturing the kits?

• 2 weeks later...