Hi Daniel!

I found this Canadian company called "Modeler's Workshop" and the have used the exact plans of the Mamoli Royal Louis in 1/90 scale, and have enlarged the frames to 1/72.  Looks like they put alot of work in this project... I wonder what these frames would look like with your modifications Maestro? :)

https://modellers-workshop.com/modellers-workshop-mw306-172-scale-royal-louis-laser-cut-frame-set/

Sargon

IMG_0064-1

IMG_0067-1.jpg

Even the photo of the model is the same that the one in Mamoli's Box (just look my avatar) I wonder how legit is what they are doing. 

(edit) I just went over the whole text and looks like they are doing it right. Apologize for my rushed judgement 

Edited by Ulises Victoria

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

great news thanks Daniel 

as others mentioned in their post will you be improving the bigger kit by getting rid of their  flaws not to mention their instructions need improvements as well 

Ronald 

Edited by ronald305

Very Good news !!!!!

i just love mamoli !!! My first kit ever was the bounty 1/100 of mamoli , im very glad that your project came thru ❤️

Best regards 

Michael.

"smooth seas do not make good sailors..."

:pirate41:

MY FIRS BUILD : H.M.S BOUNTY (mamoli)

SECOND BUILD :The concord stagecoach 1:12 youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJzCs9umWPI 

CURRENTLY BUILD : H.M.S VICTORY (Caldercraft) : http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15501-hms-victory-by-michael101-caldercraft-scale-172/

Ronald,

It is because it would take a lot of time. Preparation of instructions take maybe the most time of whole process of preparation of the kits for productions so in that case I would be able to release just one or two kits each year. For this reason I cannot prepare new instructions now. But I am always ready to help customers if they have any problems with instructions.

Daniel

Ronald. My native languaje is Spanish, and I have not had any problems with my Royal Louis instructions.

Cheers

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

1 minute ago, ronald305 said:

great  but my language is English just hope the instructions are in English as well 

Look, Daniel bought the rights to the designs from Mamoli, including their instructions, he is doing his best to update the kits with corrections which make them easier to build.

The instructions are in Italian, translated to Spanish, English and German, the parts list are completely in Italian, you will not get away without Google Translate to be honest.

I am now doing one of Daniel's updated kit, the USS Constitution Cross-Section, this is my first Wooden build and first model ship at all (i dont count the earlier attempt with the Revell Connie kit) and although the instructions are bad, with help of common logic, MSW and online resources i think that i am doing pretty well (apart from the obvious mistakes i do which are not related to any kit: improper tools, lack of patience with proper sanding, bad painting technique caused mostly by using paints which are not meant for this task, general lack of patience etc.)

Daniel wants to focus on releasing the whole Mamoli Catalogue with corrected parts first and then i believe he will be able to sit on the instructions - making instructions step-by-step would mean he has to actually build the kit (or have it built by someone) to make pictures

Jacek

Current Build: HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models 1/64 

On Hold/Parallel: Lady Nelson - Amati/Victory Models 1/64

about the instructions-I have already prepared new instructions and new design for some MiniMamoli kits-MM01 Bounty, MM02 Santa Maria, MM17 San Rafael, MM60Black Queen and MM61 Catalina.
I would like to prepare the new instructions and total redesign for these small kits for begginers first as I would like to made them much more easy to build (the new design is made in 3D CAD and all parts are cut by laser).
I upload here the new and old instuctions for comparison.
Best regards
Daniel

bounty-MM1-new instructions.pdf

MM01_Bounty_Istruzioni.pdf

1 hour ago, BLACK VIKING said:

Corel ones they say here's a lot of wood build a ship out of it

:D That's spot on, on the other side you are quite proud when you actually made a ship of that heap of wood...

Mr. Pucko

Building:

Royal Caroline - Panart

Nuestra Senora del Pilar - Occre

Bounty - Occre

Titanic - Amati

Endeavour - AL

Santissima Trinidad cross section - Occre

Daniel, I congratulate you on how far you have come so quickly and thank you for making these great kits available again.

Tom

Current: Sergal Sovereign of the Seas

Previous builds:  AL Swift, AL King of the Mississippi, Mamoli Roter Lowe, Amati Chinese Junk, Caesar, Mamoli USS Constitution, Mantua HMS Victory, Panart San Felipe, Mantua Sergal Soleil Royal

Instructions are really only meant for the first time builder anyway. Once you get past the first build, the second, third and forth become old hat. I usually didn't pay much attention to the instructions after my first build because they seemed to be more confusing than helping. They pretty much all build the same.

mike 

27 minutes ago, mtdoramike said:

Instructions are really only meant for the first time builder anyway. 

No they're not.

27 minutes ago, mtdoramike said:

Once you get past the first build, the second, third and forth become old hat.

No, it does'nt.

:P

Mr. Pucko

Building:

Royal Caroline - Panart

Nuestra Senora del Pilar - Occre

Bounty - Occre

Titanic - Amati

Endeavour - AL

Santissima Trinidad cross section - Occre

31 minutes ago, mtdoramike said:

Instructions are really only meant for the first time builder anyway. Once you get past the first build, the second, third and forth become old hat. I usually didn't pay much attention to the instructions after my first build because they seemed to be more confusing than helping. They pretty much all build the same.

mike 

Well... I agree :)

Hello Daniel! I have a question regarding the fabulous new Royal Louis that you are bringing back, with corrections.

Will the model represent the Royal Louis of 1758 ? (  1st Rank 116-gun ship of the line of the Royal French Navy, designed in 1757 by Jacques-Luc Coulomb and constructed in 1757 to 1762 by Laurent Coulomb at Brest Dockyard. She was the fourth ship to bear the name, and the only ship of the Sans-Pareil design ever built.

In August 1771, when in dry dock, she was found to have deteriorated beyond repair and was eventually demolished in 1773, without having seen any service. )

Scale_model_of_Royal_Louis-MnM2_13_MG_32-IMG_8632.jpg

Scale model of Royal Louis-MnM2 13 MG 32-mg 6992.jpg

Scale model of Royal Louis-MnM2 13 MG 32-mg 6997.jpg

Above: 1/18 Scale model of Royal Louis

Or will it be the vessel from 1780 ?  ( 106-gun (110 guns from 1786) ship of the line of the French Royal Navy. She was designed and built at Brest Dockyard by Léon-Michel Guignace.

Renamed Républicain in September 1792. Under this name, she took part in the Third Battle of Ushant, being the last ship of the French rear. She was attacked, totally dismasted, and struck her colours; however, the British failed to capture her, and she returned to Rochefort.

On 24 December 1794, she took part in the Croisière du Grand Hiver. As the fleet exited Brest harbour, she ran aground with the loss of 10 men. Her crew abandoned ship, and the wreck was destroyed in a tempest a few days later. )

Republicain gorunded on Mingant rock-Pierre Ozanne.jpg

Républicain grounded on 25 December 1794 on Mingant rock.

Thanks!! Appreciate everything....  :)  Sargon

Edited by Sargon

8 hours ago, Daniel Dusek said:

Hello Sargon,

Thanks for your impulse. I still did not check the Royal Louis so I have no idea about the rebuilding now, I plan it just for end of next year 😉

Daniel

Hi Daniel!

Sounds good.... Keep up the great work, and looking forward to placing my order, whichever version you decide to produce! :)

Sargon