4 hours ago, druxey said:

Lovely as usual. How will you get the dust off the lower deck?

He has a magic wand!

Beautiful work as is to be expected now.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:06 AM, montañes said:

I do not know if the translator really expresses what I want to say, so I ask for forgiveness and understanding.
Thank you very much to all.

I could not agree more; a series of small triumphs add up to a beautiful model.  The immediate satisfaction of seeing some small aspect of the ship take shape and then it’s place on the model is tremendously motivating; it motivates one to maintain a consistent and steady approach.  But, if that isn’t the essence of patience, I’m not sure what is.

The impatient modeler can, perhaps, see exactly what it is they hope to achieve, but they cut corners, they compromise, they leave a detail, as is, when it should really be re-worked - all in a rushed effort to see the whole thing come together more quickly.

Anyway, my point is that you are doing a fabulous job, here, Amalio! It is so nice to see her clean, elegant lines in the broadside view.

We are all works in progress, all of the time.

Amalio...I wonder... how far will you be taking this build?  Will you go so far as to hide all the wonderful work you have currently done with further upper deck work?

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

wonderful to catch up on your work, 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

13 hours ago, rwiederrich said:

Amalio...I wonder... how far will you be taking this build?  Will you go so far as to hide all the wonderful work you have currently done with further upper deck work?

Rob

It's a good question. It all depends on what you want to achieve with this. In my case, the objective is to have fun, to learn and that the work of each day is a great personal satisfaction. I am aware that many things will not be seen by anyone, but I do them to help me believe that what I am doing is worthwhile. It is a matter of conscience. Go to the maximum of my possibilities, to want to continue the next day. I need to know that what I do is fine, without any kind of limitation.

AMALIO

So crisp and clean!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Zarkon.
I have a lot of tools and machines of all kinds, but those adjustments you are talking about are made with a manual tool. Files, rasps, sandpaper stuck to different shapes and manual saws of marquetry.
It does not take much to dedicate to this, the problem is that all of us who do it, have authentic vice for the tool and buy and buy.
I like to work in silence and feel how a newly sharpened tool works.

AMALIO