Dubz

Continental Frigate Confederacy 1778 by Dubz - 1:64 - kit based semi scratch

Hej guys,

thanks for your likes and nice comments.

The balsa will be no problem as it is only the bow and more for the perfect run then needed for glueing.

Wood for the rest will be pear.

cheers,

Dirk

Dirk that is some beautiful work. I hope I get a thimble full of your talent one day. 

I feel your pain...literally. Had stones lazered out in 2014 and getbthe "pleasure" of undergoing the process again for bladder stones on 1 August. 

I wish you a speedy, catheter free recovery

Hej all,

just to let you know I'm back home. Surgery went well, the two days after with lots of katheters ... no words ... haha ... right now I'm painfree (without drugs ... hehe) and begin to feel better. :)

cheers,

Dirk

8 minutes ago, Dubz said:

Hej all,

just to let you know I'm back home. Surgery went well, the two days after with lots of katheters ... no words ... haha ... right now I'm painfree (without drugs ... hehe) and begin to feel better. :)

cheers,

Dirk

Good to hear. I'm going in in three hours to have my catheter removed. Yeah! I guess our theme song is "Stone Free". Continue on your road to a speedy pain free recovery.

I've had the pleasure of stones as well...  There are no words..   This will forever guarantee that you keep yourself properly hydrated, however. :D

P.S.  Haven't had a stone since '97.  It's possible they won't return if you follow the doc's instructions, etc!

Glad I found your build of the Confederacy Dirk.  She happens to be my favorite build of all time.  Your work is super clean and sharp sir.... makes me want to build her again, but I'm much too old to consider another one in spite of the fun I had building her several years ago.

Pulling up a chair.

Dave

Hej guys, I am still doing plastic, sorry, hehe, and now have three entries in an online contest:

https://scifiantasy.com/2017/11/26/2018-community-choice-voting/

Everybody has three votes and it would be great if you could vote for me over there :-) No registration is needed and just search for "Dirk".

Thanks & Happy New Year!!

Dirk

Just to let you all know I am fine! I have a major 1:1 project ongoing. Hopefully restarting woodworking at the end of the year in a new, better and bigger shop.

Until then I do my Star Destroyer :-)

daemmung_frage_06.jpg

cheers,

Dirk

Thanks guys :-)

6 hours ago, tigerdvr said:

Best of luck on your major home project. Do you have to battle with inspections and building permits like in the USA?

Not in that "strange" way you have (my sister is living near SF and has to fight all these battles :-P . I can build a kitchen if I want and don't need to ask somebody. But you need e.g. a building permit if you want to extend your attic. But that's not a problem for me because it was that before, and therefore the approval was already granted decades ago. However, the current building regulations for thermal insulation and fire protection must be observed. Thermal insulation in particular is taken very seriously here because of climate change and the need to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

cheers,

Dirk