Dubz

Continental Frigate Confederacy 1778 by Dubz - 1:64 - kit based semi scratch

You are right Bob, it is indeed not easy, it took a while to find the best way for me and if all is ok we will see later on ... I hope it IS ok .. hehe. It's one of the chapters to be very careful and try to adopt how it WILL better SHOULD look some chapters far away... 

Uploading to the Forum is not an option for me. I need the pictures for more than one forum, it takes way to long to create a post this way (imo) and it is not failsafe. I like to prepare my posts offline and have a textfile as backup with working picturepathes if something bad happens (again ...) ;)

cheers,

Dirk

Dirk,

The hull looks very nice, The beautiful lines are showing already, and the framing looks clean and crisp, Well done

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Thanks so much guys :-)

Next was the framing of the sweep ports.

25c7f2e98fe6542f1e746b882b5c0d89.jpg

d399fcd37f70b1ebac4e52f471f5f560.jpg

d6d898ed9d0f0e6559c79b5b3e55c487.jpg

7e93291fd372b00ef6e4197d51fd031a.jpg

And then a lot of work with a micro slicer and sanding sanding sanding ... that's a bit a disadvantage of pear, much harder to sand ... will be even more "fun" at the inside .. hmpf ... 

721659fcd16141e1ccc975d31fc30b3e.jpg

d8a34e82600d2c3cae7ccd5d83fb0685.jpg

f9778d72fac4a042234ba98856fc028b.jpg

Cheers,

Dirk

Dirk,

I apologize for this post in advance. I have been following this forum for a year at least, I think. I have drooled over each one of your builds. So the point. I just noticed a huge delta in the time that I post and the time that it says I post. Does anybody know what time zone this forum is using? Again. The only reason I post this here is because Dirk, your skills are legendary and there is a good chance somebody that can logically answer my question will see this. Sorry again. You rock!

Dirk,

I apologize for this post in advance. I have been following this forum for a year at least, I think. I have drooled over each one of your builds. So the point. I just noticed a huge delta in the time that I post and the time that it says I post. Does anybody know what time zone this forum is using? Again. The only reason I post this here is because Dirk, your skills are legendary and there is a good chance somebody that can logically answer my question will see this. Sorry again. You rock!

Edit your time zone in your profile and then the forum will be able to adjust to the proper time shown for you on all posts.

Hi Dubz - enjoyed the build so far but no photos showing up from page three to here. Cheers Pete

They show up fine for me, maybe your ISP has his new image host blocked?  It is a .de url - http://lychee.indee.de/, so perhaps check with your ISP about that host and whether they have it blocked for some reason.

They show up fine for me, maybe your ISP has his new image host blocked?  It is a .de url - http://lychee.indee.de/, so perhaps check with your ISP about that host and whether they have it blocked for some reason.

No Joy so far - everything up to and including post #50 ok all images after that just small black cross and a hexadecimal image no. :-( - just checked and found that it is blocked for some reason :-(

Edited by PeteB

Thanks so much Stuntflyer, Pete, Brian, Nils, old Frank, Bug and all the likes :-)

Sorry for the image problem Pete :( I'm hosting them on one of my own domains no idea why they get blocked for you :-( 

Just a small update ... some more pear transplantations were neccessary ;) Bow will follow ...

a371a1858eb3348a349c7dd983512739.jpg

fbfe53d7b4c7c016c011571b9f28ba29.jpg

372454d6c079ff41daf2e50223a3d488.jpg

226674f3299bb920c738ac2c2c0e3302.jpg

Cheers,

Dirk

Afraid I'm not getting the pictures from page 3 on either.

Which is a real shame I am following along regularly.

Great work by the way.

Nick

If you just use the upload feature of the site all the problems will go away.....POOOF!!!   No issues.  I dont understand why folks dont use it.   Using other image hosting can only cause problems down the road.