donrobinson

Barque Stefano by donrobinson - MarisStella - 1:63

Dave: Thanks so much

David: Thanks David, not going as fast as your Fly( great work by the way) but it is at least back on the bench now

Bob: Thanks Bob, I am still trying to remember what I was doing, my mind is a little slow trying to grasp what the heck is going on

Hubac; Thanks for stopping in and for the gracious comment

Ian: I never really left the shipyard, I put the Stefano aside to build the Liburnian Novilara but it is done now so Stefano is back in the shipyard again. Thanks for dropping by

Thanks to all for stopping in. the likes and comments all  are much appreciated. While not a lot got done this past while there is a little to report;

IMG_3562.thumb.jpg.d4f11e5050c33a1d81c4b74f9acf83f8.jpg

Drilling out pin rails, actually just slightly enlarging the existing holes using sensitive drilling attachment on Sherline mill

IMG_3669.thumb.jpg.37873afed2d2df5f3e9804a0bbfa735a.jpg

Pin rails installed

IMG_3682.thumb.jpg.b89937782a03e1e765a071c6d0e2a13c.jpg

Starting to strop the deadeyes

IMG_3691.thumb.jpg.a20b7e5aea53c0a55fc8fa2d0a7c5f87.jpg

Drilling holes for deadeyes, all measurements taken from plans

IMG_3692.thumb.jpg.b91c38df2859d5865a6787ebffa07db6.jpg

Cutting chain plates from photo etch sheet

IMG_3704.thumb.jpg.d0ba7a757ab6c88fea6e87ec14c3781c.jpg

Although I cleaned and prepped the chain plates for blackening in the end i went for painting instead. They were first primed with metal primer then painted with acrylic paint, there are no severe bends on these so paint cracking should not be an issue. The black ring is for the rudder opening on the bottom of the transom.

IMG_3681.thumb.jpg.46d780e58bc8a62841f5e32ecadc7485.jpg

Rudder hole is up next so I thought making the rudder would be a good idea

IMG_3709.thumb.jpg.6d54930e233c5d3397cff46188eb4bb0.jpg

The completed rudder

IMG_3710.thumb.jpg.0b1b365dd77a38c75da3eafd8731dc71.jpgIMG_3715.thumb.jpg.52bcd92aa59911c1237156e59a36493e.jpg

And how he looks now. Belaying pins are installed just for the picture they are not glued in place.

Thanks for stopping in.

Very neat and tidy work.  Interesting arrangement with the deadeyes inboard of the bullwarks.  I have not seen that before but I am far from any kind of expert.  The build logs (like yours) of these Maristella kits have me very interested in possibly trying one myself for my next project.

Oc: Thanks for stopping in

Dave: Thanks Dave

Frank; So good to hear from you Frank, Thanks so much

David: Thanks David, it is about the same size as your Titanic which you will have loads of fun with

Gary: Thanks Gary, they really are fine kits that are very well thought out. I highly recommend them

Ian: Thanks, there is a Massive amount of rigging coming, but not until after the massive amount of copper plates that is coming sooner!!!

Jim: Thanks. The sensitive drilling attachment is, in my mind, a must. It helps things go along so much faster and easier when using smaller bits. It would be a toss up as to whether I would buy the DRO or the sensitive drilling attachment first. I would say if you are serious enough to have a Sherline mill a/o lathe you should really have both. Christmas is coming, spoil yourself!!

52 minutes ago, donrobinson said:

Oc: Thanks for stopping in

Dave: Thanks Dave

Frank; So good to hear from you Frank, Thanks so much

David: Thanks David, it is about the same size as your Titanic which you will have loads of fun with

Gary: Thanks Gary, they really are fine kits that are very well thought out. I highly recommend them

Ian: Thanks, there is a Massive amount of rigging coming, but not until after the massive amount of copper plates that is coming sooner!!!

Jim: Thanks. The sensitive drilling attachment is, in my mind, a must. It helps things go along so much faster and easier when using smaller bits. It would be a toss up as to whether I would buy the DRO or the sensitive drilling attachment first. I would say if you are serious enough to have a Sherline mill a/o lathe you should really have both. Christmas is coming, spoil yourself!!

Fa la la laaaaa