Model Expo 1/2 money back if built in a year??

WEHarlow

We purchased three models from Model Expo a few months ago in order to take advantage of their cool deal - finish the model in a year and get half the purchase price back. Now it looks like the deal is just to get the money back as a credit toward future purchases. I was sure the offer was to get cash back!! Am I remembering it wrong? Has anyone taken Model Expo up on their offer? Thanks for any info anyone can give me!

I bought two models on that deal. It was definitely a credit. 50% off the list price at purchase, the other 50% as a credit toward anything they sold, without expiration.

It is definitely an "in-store" credit - friend of mine did the same thing a few years back and it's a credit for another kit. They do honor the credit.

Model Expo is a good store to have credit at. I have purchased a couple of large kits as well as misc. tools and supplies from them over the years and have always had great customer service with them.

I don't know much about this particular deal but if it is in store credi then you are sitting on a great deal to continue on in this hobby as they have an excellent selection of kits to choose from.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

they actually also have one kit (at least) that seems to be aimed at getting the beginner hooked. If you buy their sultana kit that comes with the paint, some tools and some sort of guide book (aside from the instructions), you can get the entire purchase price credited towards your next purchase if you finish the model within 6 months of purchase.

the combo kit seems like a really good deal. even if you have the tools the offer in the kit, the combo kit is cheaper than buying the model and the paint separately.

http://www.modelexpo-online.com/product.asp?ITEMNO=MS2016CB#

That guide book for the Sultana is an excellent practicum written by our own moderator Chuck. It makes a very nice model.