PEGASUS/FLY PARTS

SpyGlass

I am just assembling my Peggy kit to transfer to Simon and I am having a weeee problem sorting out which bits belong, what are spares from Cruiser , Snake, Unicorn and also previous Swan builds together with my stock of bought in blocks etc from various sources.  I am having particular  trouble trying to work out the 15mm boxwood stanchions 10 off !.   I have rather more than 10 ! but they are all packed as twos with 12 belaying pins and in one case also with 6 cleats !

6 cleat is the kit count BUt I also have another 6 cleats packed with some double blocks !!!!

I suspect a FLY/ Peggy Merge has taken place !!

Can I ask any other Peggy builders if this is how yours are packed ?   Actually anybody whose kit is just started - I would love a few pics of the undisturbed set !!

AND AS YOU MAY HAVE GATHERED I HAVE QUITE A NUMBER OF SPARES - I LOST AN WHOLE FLY  HULL BUILD SOME YEARS AGO IN A MOVING HOUSE ACCIDENT so anybody need something - do ask !

Edited by SpyGlass

Interesting doing a full kit count - counts aint spot on but so far in favour of buyer.

Dont want to set Simon off short on bits

Queries

though  parts list says  anchor is 4015/50  supplied is 4015/40 (like Fly)  what did you get chaps ?

list says 4 decorative white metal strips w514  I have two but cant recall using these on any previous builds - any clues chaps  I have a strip in copper/brass which seems more apt ?

And did your 10 x 15mm boxwood stachions come packaged together _ i have 10 but packed with odds andsods .

And I remember complaining about the block sizing but are Amati blocks really sized across not lengthwise ??  The smaller size blocks are significantly bigger than the parts list  2mm and 3mm just aint !     Where yours as poor - I had started buying Chucks anyway I shall donate  a few to Simon

Edited by SpyGlass

Yep just having a PM chat wih a few others - the blocks are all over the place!!

RonaldB (thanks) gives me

2mm single is 2.8 high, 2 wide

3mm single    3.7 high, 2.6 wide

5mm single    5.3 high, 3.4 wide

4mm double  3.7 high, 3.9 wide

6mm double   5.3 high, 3.8 wide

7mm closed heart 8.6 high, 6.2 wide

sister block 7 high and 3.6 wide and VERY, VERY BAD quality !

Such a shame   I didnt notice because I had started to move to Chucks blocks because they are so much nicer.

Now I am just checking the dowel count  !! *** %8!

The parts list doesnt match the actual count though I think the count IS rights for the number needed - matches FLY

Pegasus  list            pegasus supply        fly list and suppy

8mm  - 6                          3                           3

6mm  -  5                         4                           4

4mm    - 5                         4                           4

3mm   -  5                         5                           5

Hummm just careless of them I suppose

And oh Heavens I forgot that the thread spools are not marked in any way - WHY oh WHY AMATI !!!!

Edited by SpyGlass