Pirate Ship by modelshipwright - FINISHED - Pirateology - build with my granddaughter

Hi.

Well done both of you.

What a nice surprise for mum and dad.

Give yourself a big pat on the back Greg for sharing your time and knowledge.

And you have opened up another part of her mind to skills and modeling. She may become like so many females on this forum. Very skilled modelers.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

my two grandsons got me a snap together model of the Black Diamond for Christmas {Revell}.    I built it......adding rigging,  since it didn't come with any.   my son told me it was their idea.......their choice.   they love to come over and look at my boats.....I sometimes take any one they question off the shelf,  to a lower table,  and we talk about it.   on one of my outings to the hobby store,  I picked up two snap together cars for them to try.  times and schedules being as hectic as they are,  we kept missing one another.......that is until a day came where we were asked to do a bit of babysitting.   it was the younger one's birthday {or as close as can be}....so he had presents from us as well.  we had fun building the cars.......they even got to roll them around on the floor...fun time!   Tripp's presents was these two large lego sets.......we had even more fun putting those together   :)

it was my pleasure to follow your grand daughter's build.   the youth today are very creative.........and if one can bring it out......then you are to be commended for introducing them to crafting { I was going to say at the beginning,  that there are many different type of wood working,  but I didn't want to douse the flame}.  kudos to you.

Thanks for the comments. It sounds like you had a great time with your grandkids as well.

Bill

Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley

Current build: Sovereign of the Seas 1637

My Book: Carving Ornamentation for Ship Models  

Many thanks to everyone who commented on the model.

Regards,

Bill

Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley

Current build: Sovereign of the Seas 1637

My Book: Carving Ornamentation for Ship Models  

What a great thing...it came out lovely and Isabella looks like she had a great time building it.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• The title was changed to Pirate Ship by modelshipwright - FINISHED - Pirateology - build with my granddaughter