SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

Difficult to add any more than has been said Patrick.  Amazing details and such a small scale. I will have ships boats to build about the same size, but i won't need to add any where near as much detail. I would struggle to build a model as good as you have even with my magnifier.

Are you going to place her in a diorama, maybe moored at the Yacht club.:cheers:

Paul

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson

1 hour ago, Paul Jarman said:

Difficult to add any more than has been said Patrick.  Amazing details and such a small scale. I will have ships boats to build about the same size, but i won't need to add any where near as much detail. I would struggle to build a model as good as you have even with my magnifier.

Are you going to place her in a diorama, maybe moored at the Yacht club.:cheers:

Paul

Hi Paul

Welcome aboard and thanks for joining Shadow's journey.  I'm pleased that you like her!

Thanks also, for the suggestion about the diorama.  Mmm...food for thought.  Who knows...I may give that some serious consideration:D

Thanks and I hope that you can drop by often.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi everyone!

Here's a quick update on Shadow's internal accommodation, principally the saloon at the rear of the Upper Deck. 

This saloon is where the guests relax on the large settees, all the while enjoying the latest Walking Dead episodes on the big screen TV.  What a life, heh?

Lots of fun to go.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-05-06 21.12.01.jpg

2017-05-06 21.12.53.jpg

2017-05-06 21.13.10.jpg

2017-05-06 21.13.27.jpg

2017-05-06 21.17.07.jpg

2017-05-06 21.18.45 HDR.jpg

G'day Patrick 

Brilliant as usual! BUT NO SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM. What are you thinking memattieee! LOL 😆😅😊😉

Havagreatsundie

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

5 hours ago, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Patrick 

Brilliant as usual! BUT NO SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM. What are you thinking memattieee! LOL 😆😅😊😉

Havagreatsundie

Greg

Hi Greg.  Many thanks!  Not sure about the Suround Sound system. Rumour has it that I did actually make it, but that it mysteriously flew off the tweezers and disappeared prior to installation.  Well....that's my story and I'm sticking to it😉 .

5 hours ago, canoe21 said:

Hello Patrick

Just when I thought that you could no better than your previous build you turn around and do this fantastic job on Shadow, I am truly lost for words to describe your great feats.  Your Master Sweet is stunning, with so very much detail. I often wonder just how you get it all in and make it look so good and very realistic at the same time, WELL DONE,                                  ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hi Lawrence.  Thanks!  I'm glad you like Shadow.  You know, I reckon that she's looking better than Majellan because I'm able to successfully avoid all the mistakes that I made in Majellan. Nothing like learning from one's mistakes, hey?

Thanks also, to all who hit the Like button.

Have a great weekend, folks  

Patrick

"Not sure about the Suround Sound system. Rumour has it that I did actually make it, but that it mysteriously flew off the tweezers and disappeared prior to installation."

Sh#t happens mate. Hope that you will find it. All you need is a large magnifying glass and luck.

havagooday 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Bloody nice work Patrick! he's coming together jut marvelous.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I hope you're all doing well!  I've been working a bit more on the furniture in Shadow's Upper Deck's saloon.  Principally, Shadow now has her mini-bar set up, a small coffee table, and a small three seater settee with black cushions and two gold scatter pillows on it.  On the other side of the saloon, I've added purple/mauve cushions to the expansive settee that adorns the large screen TV sitting area.  I've also added gold patterned surfaces on the wall, just to give a bit more "mega-yacht glitz and glamour'.

I hope you enjoy these photos.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-05-20 22.30.55.jpg

2017-05-20 22.31.56.jpg

2017-05-20 22.32.15.jpg

2017-05-20 22.32.49.jpg

2017-05-20 22.33.36.jpg

2017-05-20 22.35.35.jpg

2017-05-20 22.38.28.jpg

2017-05-20 22.39.40.jpg

2017-05-20 22.40.20.jpg

2017-05-20 22.40.51.jpg

On 21.5.2017 at 3:54 PM, Omega1234 said:

Hi folks

A quick update:  I've just added the table and chairs to the outdoor aft-deck space of the Upper Deck.

I hope you're enjoying Shadow's progress.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-05-21 21.00.20.jpg

2017-05-21 21.00.50.jpg

2017-05-21 21.11.29.jpg

2017-05-21 21.14.00.jpg

2017-05-21 21.44.26 HDR.jpg

Beautiful work Patrick,

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Patrick,

Had to do some catching up. I like the pict where you hold her in front of the light. Nice progress on the interior too.

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

51 minutes ago, cog said:

Patrick,

Had to do some catching up. I like the pict where you hold her in front of the light. Nice progress on the interior too.

Cheers

Hi Carl

Great to hear from you.  I hope all's well at your neck of the woods.

Incidentally, I have to agree with you about that particular photo.  It's my favourite too.  I love the way some of the interior can just be glimpsed because of the backlit windows.  Nice!

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi folks

Thanks for your comments and Likes!  Much appreciated as always.

A quick update:  It seems that after a crappy day at work today, I'm now having way too much fun working on some of Shadow's deck furniture.  In particular, I've created another 12 seater table that adorns Shadow's Sun Deck, (this deck is her uppermost deck).  Also located on the Sundeck are three of those luxurious sun lounges, you know the ones in which the bikini-clad super models drape themselves over.

I hope you all have a great Friday and weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-05-25 21.25.03.jpg

2017-05-25 21.25.16.jpg

2017-05-25 21.25.45.jpg

2017-05-25 21.26.03.jpg

2017-05-25 21.29.18.jpg

2017-05-25 21.30.28.jpg

2017-05-25 21.31.35.jpg

2017-05-25 21.32.31.jpg

2017-05-25 21.38.13.jpg

Great progress Patrick, like the dinner table arrangement but the table needs some stuff on top though ;)  Really LIKE the back-lit shots of Shadow, masterly one my friend.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

On 26/05/2017 at 9:55 AM, Piet said:

Great progress Patrick, like the dinner table arrangement but the table needs some stuff on top though ;)  Really LIKE the back-lit shots of Shadow, masterly one my friend.

Cheers,

Many thanks Piet

I also like the back-lit photos.  Strangely,  they weren't intentional.  Instead, I was just mucking around with the camera Nd accidentally took the first shot.  Mmmm, not bad, I thought!

Thanks also, for the advice about the bare table.  I'm working on it!

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

On 5/25/2017 at 6:59 AM, Omega1234 said:

the ones in which the bikini-clad super models drape themselves over.

Are you planning on putting little supermodels on your super model?  Wow, the photo of the chaise on your finger really brings home the scale you're working in.  Great work!

45 minutes ago, Mahuna said:

Are you planning on putting little supermodels on your super model?  Wow, the photo of the chaise on your finger really brings home the scale you're working in.  Great work!

Hi Frank

You know, I actually was contemplating trying my hand at making some super-models.  However, with my poor level of carving abilities, sadly, they really would be 'stick figures'.  If that were the case, my stick-figured super models would never grace the latest fashion mags ever again!

Oh well..I know my limitations!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi everyone

Thanks for your Likes and following along.  Greatly appreciated.

Over the past few days, I've continued to add a bit more to Shadow's Sun Deck, principally, the large white sun baking settee situated on the aft of the deck.  To add further interest, I've added some different coloured scatter cushions.  I've also started to flesh out a bit more of the detailed work surrounding her spa, situated at the forward end of the Sun Deck.

592d782d88785_2017-05-3021_25_47.thumb.jpg.435bd334ee8d0f63fa91489fde12e6b2.jpg

Lastly, I thought I'd take some photos of Shadow alongside photos of the real ship that Shadow is based upon (i.e. Mary Jean II). As you can see, I've got a long way to go before I can truly say that Shadow's finished.

592d78c587722_2017-05-3021_22_19.thumb.jpg.2e0347cc75f0ab3f0a47351acd2ff267.jpg

592d78e79ba8c_2017-05-3021_23_07.thumb.jpg.b047d5954dc9aad2aeffc02d59e990d8.jpg

592d790915450_2017-05-3021_23_21.thumb.jpg.9e69bda942fdc8209b4c23f44ea10a48.jpg592d7926e3bf5_2017-05-3021_24.36HDR.thumb.jpg.0e63cd62bed8c8cbcc2d3b9c4d7e2a24.jpg592d7948691c8_2017-05-3021_25.01-1.thumb.jpg.2ef599b11c8be41ce46105e0ec9e65a7.jpg

I hope you have a great week, folks!

Cheers

Patrick

WOW!  you've really moved along with shadow Patrick!   you've also taken some really cool pictures too.........I'm amazed with how close you are to the actual ship :)    she's a super looking model!

so your a walking dead fan too!!! ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

WOW!  you've really moved along with shadow Patrick!   you've also taken some really cool pictures too.........I'm amazed with how close you are to the actual ship :)    she's a super looking model!

so your a walking dead fan too!!! ;) 

Hi Denis 

Many thanks for the compliments!  I'm not actually a Walking Dead fan, but I remembered that you are, judging by the references you've previously made in your logs. I reckoned you might get a kick out of it😏!

Meanwhike, I've been a bit slack lately and because of that, I've got a lot of catching up on a whole bunch of logs; yours included. Maybe this weekend. 

Have a great day. 

Cheers 

Patrick

G'day Patrick 

Bloody beautiful job. It's hard to spot the difference between the real ship and your model. 

I love the back light shot as well.

Keep up the great work and of course the logs.

havagooday my friend 

Greg