SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

Echo Piets`s words !!!!

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Hi folks. 

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments.  I’ve been doing more painting, but, took a break last night to take these two photos.  The first one’s my favourite.

I hope you like them!

Have a great weekend.

Cheers. 

Patrick

A7251558-5869-496D-9F27-EA93C0DBD903.jpeg

5CDCC3C4-16EF-436B-9AD7-C5CEC09346A9.jpeg

the hull is so smooth,  everything reflects off it!   she's look'in better with every update Patrick ;)    love the topside paint  ;) !

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Wow Patrick,

beautiful paint touch !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Just keeps getting better and better, Patrick.  you_rock-1295.gif.ed5b387b030db5df559b7af0ec04a172.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Mark, Nils and Denis for your comments and everyone else for their Likes.

Last night I glued Shadow’s port and starboard garage doors in place, ie in the open position, so that Shadow’s two tenders can be viewed from outside the ship.  

I also made two new staircases (currently these are only dry-fiited as they need adjustments) that are situated at the rear of the ship, which give passengers and crew access to the diving platform at the stern.

Lots more work to go, but I’m having fun all the way.

Have a great week, everybody!

Cheers

Patrick

D36268C4-F463-46C2-B090-8831524F7EF2.jpeg

24762732-F387-4456-BA57-9496DD55A14E.jpeg

1A4163CB-A0B7-4645-99F7-7CDFBFBFC56A.jpeg

2527A12D-B2A6-4EA5-AB57-59EC6D18F77E.jpeg

D1BA71DB-B5E4-47B7-9C8E-70424E9E9C34.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

Wow, what a jewel Patrick.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

good to see your still making progress on her.   the bottom paint looks very good,  and as long as there are no sharks,  I'm in for the board ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

On 29/01/2018 at 8:05 PM, cog said:

A retractable diving board :) now we're talkin' Lots of goodies on this one Patrick!

Hi Carl-thanks!  Yep, there’s a lot of goodies packed into this ship - perfect for any billionaire to enjoy!

8 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

good to see your still making progress on her.   the bottom paint looks very good,  and as long as there are no sharks,  I'm in for the board ;) 

Hi Denis. Thanks. The bottom hull needs a a couple more coats of silver to cover up a few boo boos when the gold paint accidentally got into it. But, apart from that, it’s looking pretty spiffy. 

7 hours ago, bdgiantman2 said:

Actually, COG, I believe that slide-out is a boarding walkway when a large yacht can't get close enough to a dock to walk aboard. Also useful for someone who may be disabled.  I don't know if those get used as diving boards but I suppose someone could.

Brian :)

Ahh! Brian. So that’s what it’s for. I also assumed that it was a diving board, as well. I guess it’s easy to think that, because all the publicity shots of these mega yachts have super models in their bikinis resting on them...for what other purpose other than diving????😏

Thanks for the explanation!

Cheers. 

Patrick

Hi everyone 

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes!

Well, it seems that Shadow’s almost nearing the end of her construction journey.  The foreman tells me that he still has a myriad of small touch ups to do, but by and large, she’s well on her way to making her entrance out of the shipyard.  So much so, that, she’s started to get all of her furniture put back onboard, including her tables, chairs, sun lounges and other assorted deck furniture.  It won’t be long, now folks...

I hope you like her.

Cheers

Patrick

F965EC0A-C126-4E93-AABC-5B9D098BE328.jpeg

080A3859-D149-405F-885B-D2D8F5265BFA.jpeg

59B6A2EF-818F-426A-B5D2-44ADDEA9FD23.jpeg

DA0AB6F4-191E-4F9E-B832-0A712019F9BB.jpeg

92DB3E47-8812-4DCF-80DE-5F616AAE9DDD.jpeg

21D72BD4-C52D-4EB2-A247-09C03E7C3709.jpeg

E3373B6D-7D3F-49E1-8830-9AA557DED6BB.jpeg

A217FFE2-AEE5-481F-A4A6-143D3D053025.jpeg

E762D740-9088-402B-B744-0D6FFA571F30.jpeg

2DD1161B-A17A-4014-80BC-B1BFCEDF2921.jpeg

6670E619-E3D0-438C-A5D6-F4E79A6C3232.jpeg

Hi Patrick

Each time I see Shadow I see more details.  It's amazing how much you're able to cram into such a small space.  Great work!

Patrick, 

Beautiful sleek boat. Excellent work. The details are amazing. I will say it again, you are the "king" of itty-bitty scale. 

Marcus 

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

Very sweet work, Patrick.   Looking forward to seeing her in the harbor.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

5 hours ago, Mahuna said:

Hi Patrick

Each time I see Shadow I see more details.  It's amazing how much you're able to cram into such a small space.  Great work!

Hi Frank-thanks for your compliments.  While she’s far from perfect, I’ve got to admit, that, looking back now, even I’m amazed at how much I’ve been able to pack into this hull. Lots of head scratching and headaches for sure, but worth it, nonetheless.

5 hours ago, flying_dutchman2 said:

Patrick, 

Beautiful sleek boat. Excellent work. The details are amazing. I will say it again, you are the "king" of itty-bitty scale. 

Marcus 

Thanks Marcus.  I’m not sure that I deserve that title, but, hell, it’s a nice one to have!  Thanks for that😊!

1 hour ago, mtaylor said:

Very sweet work, Patrick.   Looking forward to seeing her in the harbor.

Hi Mark-many thanks.  It won’t be long now before Shadow can join her companions in the harbour, eg Majellan, Symphony, Rainbow, etc, etc.  

Have a great week, everybody and thanks for all of your Likes.

Cheers. 

Patrick 

5 hours ago, Riccardo1966 said:

Hello Patrick,  Amazing level of detail on your lovely build.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard

Many thanks and I’m very happy that you like Shadow.  She’s been challenging, but at the same time, a  lot of fun to build. 

Have a great week.  

Cheers. 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Very well done Patrick, awesome build.  I showed it to Gwen and she too was awestruck.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Hi all

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments!

Guees what?  Shadow’s well-heeled passengers and owners can now relax on deck, especially now that I’ve added an assortment of cushions and deck chairs.  Alleluia they must be saying😂!!!

I hope you enjoy these latest photos.

Cheers. 

Patrick

DA4D8448-9097-41B1-847C-502CA1C86BD2.jpeg

039A9296-8549-4CCA-A082-67E35C1AF34D.jpeg

58F1A4F3-23A1-4D41-B9A8-5133B8FF8BEC.jpeg

EFB62F44-2B25-4518-B09A-BAFDE86C0A59.jpeg

515C6237-E2D5-42FB-9450-922D84788009.jpeg

60A47B19-E723-490B-9E75-761AA171A3B1.jpeg

78D8359D-8A34-42E1-9C04-DFBDD0890DC1.jpeg

6438425B-90B9-404C-9F32-7A76986A1081.jpeg

E4BE4DED-859F-40FC-B6A4-152486D4435C.jpeg

70B25394-C197-4F57-8230-87E0D40FC9B2.jpeg

C8A28EF6-CED4-4716-A45A-3BE586B5BC18.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

On 2/3/2018 at 9:00 AM, Omega1234 said:

her entrance out of the shipyard.  

Patrick,

Marvelous, what would really finish her off is a captain, crew, and some bikini clad ladies lounging on the stern deck. Well forget captain and crew but add the bathing beauties, as masterful as you are at small scale I know you could do this!!;)

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

31 minutes ago, John Allen said:

Patrick,

Marvelous, what would really finish her off is a captain, crew, and some bikini clad ladies lounging on the stern deck. Well forget captain and crew but add the bathing beauties, as masterful as you are at small scale I know you could do this!!;)

Hi John

I can only try, but knowing my skill level, my bathing beauties will definitely need ‘plastic surgery’....But, you know, beauty is only skin deep, they say, right?😄

Thanks and have a great week!  

Cheers. 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Almost time to launch and party on, Patrick. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

As you know I like doing miniature stuff in mm sizes but I have real difficulty wrapping may brain around sheer amount of the ultra miniature detail you have been able to stow into 8 inches of space, on several decks no less.  Your Shadow is  masterpiece of miniature work. My hat off yo you my friend.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

10 hours ago, Piet said:

As you know I like doing miniature stuff in mm sizes but I have real difficulty wrapping may brain around sheer amount of the ultra miniature detail you have been able to stow into 8 inches of space, on several decks no less.  Your Shadow is  masterpiece of miniature work. My hat off yo you my friend.

Cheers,

Hi Piet

Thanks for the compliments!  Well, I'm not too sure that 'masterpiece' is an apt description, but I'm pretty chuffed with it, nonetheless. 

Have a great week!

Cheers  

Patrick

Dear Patrick, I have enjoyed following Shadow very much but the very last photo is amazing. This is a very busy model! I ll wait the "formal" announcement of completion before I congratulate you but I ll also be waiting for your next project, twin hull if I am not mistaken...

I ll be watching from the back rows

Vaddoc