SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

Congratulations Patrick !

you have created a beautiful luxus yacht, like in actual one could probably never call his own.

The fitting out of this model is a stunning example of how far the modeler can go into details, and you`ve made a master piece out of it. If this would have been a commercial available kit, it would have hundreds or even a thousand of individual parts integrated into the different decks

In all a very well done achievement you can be proud of. 

Have you chosen out a next project already ?

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

1 hour ago, Mirabell61 said:

Congratulations Patrick !

you have created a beautiful luxus yacht, like in actual one could probably never call his own.

The fitting out of this model is a stunning example of how far the modeler can go into details, and you`ve made a master piece out of it. If this would have been a commercial available kit, it would have hundreds or even a thousand of individual parts integrated into the different decks

In all a very well done achievement you can be proud of. 

Have you chosen out a next project already ?

Nils

Thanks Nils, for your very kind words.  Greatly appreciated!

Shadow has definitely been a real joy to build.

My next model will be based on something truly extreme:  https://yachtharbour.com/yacht/khalilah-2968

I hope you can join me when I start the Build Log.

Cheers. 

Patrick

Wow !  Patrick, 

the "Khalilah" is a real super trooper, you can be sure that I`ll be watching.....

BTW did you find any plans for her... ?

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

6 minutes ago, Mirabell61 said:

Wow !  Patrick, 

the "Khaliah" is a real super trooper, you can be sure that I`ll be watching.....

BTW did you find any plans for her... ?

Nils

Hi Nils

Unfortunately, I couldn’t any hull plans, so, I’m Just going to try the best I can do., without the plans.  Fingers crossed😉

Thanks. 

Patrick

as I mentioned earlier...congratz my friend!  you put so much into this model.....amazes me how you can pull out each level,  each displaying a world of it's own ;) 

such a super looking model....may your next endeavor be equally as detailed as this one  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Congrats Patrick for a masterful miniature model. It's mindboggling to see the quantity of the detail pieces at that scale. My hat's off for your patience and craftsmanship. A BIG well done.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

54 minutes ago, Piet said:

Congrats Patrick for a masterful miniature model. It's mindboggling to see the quantity of the detail pieces at that scale. My hat's off for your patience and craftsmanship. A BIG well done.

Cheers,

Thanks heaps, Piet!

Much appreciated. 

Cheers. 

Patrick

On 4/12/2018 at 6:02 AM, Omega1234 said:

Hi Denis

Ahhhh!  How could I have misinterpreted Mark’s comment.  Doh.  

Actually, I came up with the idea of using shoe polish years ago out of sheer laziness.  It didn’t take me long, however, before I realised that shoe polish is waxy and therefore, doesn’t need any varnish or glazing to protect it!  Bingo😀

Thanks also, for your comments about Shadow.  I dunno about “a world record’, but, I’m just happy that you and everyone else on MSW like it.  

Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend!

Cheers. 

Patrick

You didn't.   I meant put it in a case.   Somedays, the fingers hit the keyboard before the brain is fully activated.;)

Congratulations on a beautiful build, Patrick. Just some amazing work there.

Edited by mtaylor

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

30 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

You didn't.   I meant put it in a case.   Somedays, the fingers hit the keyboard before the brain is fully activated.;)

Congratulations on a beautiful build, Patrick. Just some amazing work there.

Thanks Mark

I have the same problem with my fingers and brain!

Have a great week. 

Cheers. 

Patrick

2 hours ago, cog said:

Another little gem finished. You are gathering quite a fleet! I am curious how you will tackle the next one. Any drawings found yet? or is by your minds eye ...

Hi Carl

You’re curious?  So am I!!!  I’m totally confused how I’m going to pull this one together.  I have found some basic line drawings of the profile of the hull and some deck drawings, but nothing of the actual hull sections, or anything like that, unfortunately. But, what the heck, what’s wrong with a little bit of guess work, here and there😊?

Cheers. 

Patrick

9 minutes ago, Omega1234 said:

Hi Carl

You’re curious?  So am I!!!  I’m totally confused how I’m going to pull this one together.  I have found some basic line drawings of the profile of the hull and some deck drawings, but nothing of the actual hull sections, or anything like that, unfortunately. But, what the heck, what’s wrong with a little bit of guess work, here and there😊?

Cheers. 

Patrick

Keeps it exciting :)

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hi Patrick,

did you already contact the Palmer & Johnson Yachts yard for any helpful plans or drawings. I could imagine they would not be too restrict to get free promotion through a model builder`s work, who is also member of an international model building forum....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

2 minutes ago, Mirabell61 said:

Hi Patrick,

did you already contact the Palmer & Johnson Yachts yard for any helpful plans or drawings. I could imagine they would not be too restrict to get free promotion through a model builder`s work, who is also member of an international model building forum....

Nils

Hi Nils

Unfortunately, Palmer and Johnson has gone out of business, so that’s not going to be possible. However, I’m lucky to have some insight from a fellow MSW member, which I’m finding invaluable.

‘Having said that, I’ll still need to do a fair bit of guess work.

Cheers. 

Patrick

Patrick,

She's absolutely magnificent. I'm actually worried I won't be able to pull off in a 1:12 scale sailboat what you've done in a superyacht that fits in the palm of your hand! The ability to take a (usually lacking in detail) 2D general arrangement and turn it into a 3D representation of the space with all the different interactions blows me away every time I see it. Absolutely magnificent. 

As far as guess work in figuring out the hull for your next project - half of designing a boat in the first place is guess work! Oftentimes we do have some numbers to help with the guesses, but that doesn't change the fact that naval architecture is, truly, a combination of art and science, both equally significant in the development of a proper boat. Thus, your guess work adds to the hull a dimension of personality and individual interpretation truly fitting a great designer/builder. ;) Really looking forward to it!

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

43 minutes ago, BenF89 said:

Patrick,

She's absolutely magnificent. I'm actually worried I won't be able to pull off in a 1:12 scale sailboat what you've done in a superyacht that fits in the palm of your hand! The ability to take a (usually lacking in detail) 2D general arrangement and turn it into a 3D representation of the space with all the different interactions blows me away every time I see it. Absolutely magnificent. 

As far as guess work in figuring out the hull for your next project - half of designing a boat in the first place is guess work! Oftentimes we do have some numbers to help with the guesses, but that doesn't change the fact that naval architecture is, truly, a combination of art and science, both equally significant in the development of a proper boat. Thus, your guess work adds to the hull a dimension of personality and individual interpretation truly fitting a great designer/builder. ;) Really looking forward to it!

Thanks Ben!!!

You know, you're absolutely right about the melding of art and science.  That would certainly explain why the design of Khalilah is so fascinating and mesmerising to my eyes.  She is definitely more of a work of art than a piece of science; however without the science, she would probably never have been built...

I wouldn't be too concerned about your boat.  All of your design work is coming together really, really nicely now that you've done the mock-up of the interior.  Furthermore, once you get the hang of the jigsaw, it won't be long before you're finished.

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

14 hours ago, steamschooner said:

Patrick, Great looking model

Hi Steve - thanks for your compliment! Much appreciated.  

14 hours ago, DBorgens said:

Patrick,

Just caught up to your pictures. WOW!!! 

Hi Dave.  Many thanks and I’m glad that you like Shadow!

Edited by Omega1234

Congrats !!!!!

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic