SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

G'day Patrick

Ditto from me as well.

I for one is soooooo pleased that your house painting is done, so you can get back to your Shadow and give us more tantalizing photos.

Happynewyearmattie.

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Nice to see you at your 3D jigsaw again, Patrick.

Hi Carl - Ahh, yeah.  '3D Jigsaw' is something I hadn't thought of, but now that you mention it, that's a very apt analogy.  I like it!  Thanks :)

I must say, Patrick, not only is Shadow looking increasingly great, you know how to give one heck of a challenge! Keep up the great modeling :)

Brian

Hi Brian - Thanks for your compliments about Shadow.  You're right, though.  She's a bit of a challenge.  But that's the best part of it, I guess.  

I thought your Magellan was great but it looks like Shadow will even be better.  Your bulkheads are so clean and neat.

Bob

Hi Bob - very appreciative of your comments, especially about Majellan.  One day, I must get around to actually posting the completed photos of Majellan in the Gallery section.  One day, one day...

G'day Patrick

Ditto from me as well.

I for one is soooooo pleased that your house painting is done, so you can get back to your Shadow and give us more tantalizing photos.

Happynewyearmattie.

Greg

Hi Greg

Many thanks.  I agree with you.  It's a nice feeling to get back to the workbench.  I was beginning to get a little twitchy not being able to work on the boat.

Happy days now  :)  :)  :) !

Have a great 2017 everyone.

Cheers

Patrick

Well it doesn't look "pretty rough" to me Patrick - it looks pretty darn nice.  So tiny, intricate and crisp.  I'm curious  - are you using a mix of materials?  Some card stock, some styrene?  Keep the photos coming.

Gary

Hi Gary

Thanks for looking in and for your comments.  Greatly appreciated.

Yep-you're right. At this scale, the thickness of materials is an issue, so I'm using a combination of wood, styrene and card in order to make the accommodation as realistic as possible.   

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

good to see you've started working on her again  ;)   she's looking awesome!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hey Patrick, I actually meant that you are making it a challenge to match skills when I finally start my own motor yacht model.

Ah, Brian, sorry, I totally missed that.

You gotta give us a heads up when you start your yacht, though.  I'll be first in line!

Cheers

Patrick  

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Patrick, and Happy New Year!  Now that the holidays are behind us we'll all hopefully get back on our projects.  I really like the way Shadow looks already, and I'm looking forward to seeing her develop.

Looks Great Patrick, Nice work 

Best Regards,

Pete 

"may your sails be full of wind and the sun on your back"

Current Builds :

Future Builds :

N.G Herreshoff 12 1/2 Scratch Build 3/4" = 1' - 0" Scale

Completed Builds :

Volvo 65 Farr Yacht Design

Herreshoff Alerion

Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14

Volvo Open 70

Member : 

The Herreshoff Registry                                  Montgomery Sailboat Owners Group       Peter Kunst Sailboat Models 
http://www.herreshoffregistry.org/                       http://www.msog.org/                      http://www.facebook.com/Peter-Kunst-Sailboat-Models-1524464774524480/ 

Checking in again Patrick - great miniature work there, well done.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Well, Shadow's journey has been going slowly lately due to our house being painted. However, I've managed to work on her a little; so much so, that I've fashioned her three radar domes and antenna mast which are located on the top of the Sun Deck. At the rear of the main deck, I've added the twin staircases which lead from the deck above to the rear diving platform at the transom.

Still bucket loads of work, painting, puttying, etc, etc, etc (you know the drill ;) )...

BTW, everything's still loosely placed in their respective locations; that's why they look a tad wonky!

All the best!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-04754300-1484833841_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-13710000-1484833855_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-24641200-1484833873_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-92763400-1484833889_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-15476300-1484833906_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-01665200-1484833919_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-59316000-1484833932_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-12035700-1484833950_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-91127900-1484833972_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Patrick, is that a mast with a ladder at the top? Thanks! She is looking great!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

every little bit Patrick..........look'in sweeter!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

G'day Patrick

Amazing as usual! What do you mean when you said it was a bit off? To me it's bloody beautiful.

The shot with the power point in the background......it looks like a scene from 'honey I shrunk our yacht'

Havagooday my friend

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Patrick, is that a mast with a ladder at the top? Thanks! She is looking great!

HI Elija

Thanks for your comments and yep, I think you're right.  That must be a ladder to reach the uppermost parts of the antenna.  Imagine having to climb it in a rough seaway?  Yikes.  It'd be like in the good old days of sailing ships with towering rigging.

every little bit Patrick..........look'in sweeter!

HI Denis - many thanks.  I reckon you're right, she's surely a sweet design.  I guess that's what attracted me to her in the first place.

G'day Patrick

Amazing as usual! What do you mean when you said it was a bit off? To me it's bloody beautiful.

The shot with the power point in the background......it looks like a scene from 'honey I shrunk our yacht'

Havagooday my friend

Greg

Hi Greg - many thanks.  I guess to me, I know where the 'wonky' bits are, e.g., staircases aren't sitting properly and the radar domes aren't all at the same level.  Just little things, I know; but all easily fixed of course.

Cheers and thanks everyone!

Patrick

G'day Patrick, its been awhile since I visited, I just been catching up and what a catch up, she is absolutely gorgeous a credit to your modelling skills, and those shots of her on the pond were amazing, looked real, look forward to more,

All the best for the New Year,

best regards John.

Hi John

Many thanks and greatly appreciated.  I too, really love those water shots.  

Thanks also, for the very many Likes that you gave this Log last night.

All the best for 2017 as well.

Happy modelling!

Patrick

Hi everyone and thanks for all of your comments and Likes.  Much appreciated.

Just a quick update.  I've added the radars and some more details to Shadow's mast.  In addition, I've also added the tall mast which is situated on Shadow's foscle.  Lastly, I've been doing some more painting and puttying on her superstructure and rear diving platform.

Lots more work to go, though.

I hope you enjoy the photos, folks.

Have a great week!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-94768200-1485265926_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-79205900-1485265947_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-14521800-1485265961_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-71427300-1485265975_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-83317100-1485265989_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-74827900-1485266004_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-15340500-1485266027_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-24012100-1485266044_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-66296800-1485266058_thumb.jpg

She's coming along beautifully Patrick !  That mast with radar and gear looks really nice.  Your hand in the photo reminds us of how small Shadow really is - it is so detailed that it's easy to forget. You are extraordinary working in the miniature.  

Gary

Current Build   Pelican Eastern-Rig Dragger  

Completed Scratch Builds

Rangeley Guide Boat   New England Stonington Dragger   1940 Auto Repair Shop   Mack FK Shadowbox    

Great job making those curved stairs going to the swim platform in the stern. Shadow is looking fantastic!

Thanks Brian! Much appreciated.

She's coming along beautifully Patrick !  That mast with radar and gear looks really nice.  Your hand in the photo reminds us of how small Shadow really is - it is so detailed that it's easy to forget. You are extraordinary working in the miniature.  

Gary

Thanks for your compliments, Gary. Greatly appreciated!

Cheers and thanks, Brian and Gary

Patrick

look'in really good Patrick........little by little,  she's getting there  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Most of us would say, "She's just about finished", and a fine job.  But I know you still have the inside.  Can't wait.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Patrick,

If I attempted something that small, it would look like a mushroom your very talented with the wee ones, it's turning out great, kudos :im Not Worthy:

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co.