SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

Hi everyone

Well, my current project, Majellan, is nearing completion, but, I've been itching to get started on her BIG sister, 'Shadow'.

Shadow is based upon an actual mega-yacht called "Mary Jean II", which can be found at http://www.isayachts.com/ISA_60m_CLASSIC#60m.  

My model will, in my customary fashion, be fully detailed inside with all of her five decks reproduced (well...as much as realistically possible, of course).  Each deck will be fully removable in order to enable the interior to be viewed; in much the same way as Majellan's are.

Also, as you can see from one of the photos, Shadow looks like a giant compared to Majellan, even though Shadow's hull is only one inch longer, i.e. 8 inches, as opposed to 7 inches for Majellan's hull. 

In terms of Shadow's hull's construction, I will use the balsa mould of the hull as the base to bend the frames upon.  Once all the frames are bent, I'll the plank over the framework to create the hull...well...that's the plan, anyway.

I hope you can join me on Shadow's journey!!!! 

post-7645-0-52902700-1473166590_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-06063400-1473166597_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-66103100-1473166604_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-08253400-1473166611_thumb.jpg

I'm in... I have my optivisor handy for another tiny masterpiece.

Hi Mark - Many thanks.  Welcome to Shadow's journey!

I ll be watching quietly from the back rows Patrick!

Hi Vaddoc - Welcome on board, too.  But, why wait from the back row?  There's a seat waiting for you at the front!

All the best, guys!

Cheers

Patrick

Ooooooh, yes!  Another beauty on the slipway and fully detailed too.  I'll expect that big dining table, dressed with porcelain flat ware and crystal goblets, armored warrior artwork, two runabouts, lots of chairs and umbrellas.  That'll keep you off the streets for a while Patrick.

Safe some room for me, okay?

Cheers,

Ooooooh, yes!  Another beauty on the slipway and fully detailed too.  I'll expect that big dining table, dressed with porcelain flat ware and crystal goblets, armored warrior artwork, two runabouts, lots of chairs and umbrellas.  That'll keep you off the streets for a while Patrick.

Safe some room for me, okay?

Cheers,

Thanks Piet!!!  

I'm not sure that I can do the warrior artwork, but, I can sure do the chairs and umbrellas  :)!!!

Your seat's warmed and ready to go.

Cheers

Patrick 

Gawd almighty ... pfff ... why do I always have to catch up with you, Patrick. It's making me daft ... :huh: ... You're planning to raise your own bar ...!?!?!? You are a seriously sick person ... but I like to see you meet your own challenge ... and I know you'll manage ... I'll be looking over your shoulder ... [move over MarkT ;)]

Count me in! I like the way she's shaping up already - the bow form and bulb looks good from what can be seen in the pictures.

Hi Ben - many thanks!  I learnt a lot from the lessons you gave me whilst I was shaping Majellan's hull.  Great advice and I'm glad that you reckon it looks okay.

Hope there's some seats left for me. Count me in too

Hi Jack -most definitely there's room available.  Welcome and take a seat!

fantastic mini work you must have the patience of Job!

Hi John

Thanks for your compliments!  I hope you can stick around and take a seat!  

Awesome, I'm in for the ride if you'll have me!   :cheers:

Hi Mike - you're most welcomed to sit and enjoy the ride!  

Gawd almighty ... pfff ... why do I always have to catch up with you, Patrick. It's making me daft ... :huh: ... You're planning to raise your own bar ...!?!?!? You are a seriously sick person ... but I like to see you meet your own challenge ... and I know you'll manage ... I'll be looking over your shoulder ... [move over MarkT ;)]

Hi Carl - many thanks!  What'd life be without a few challenges here and there!  Keeps life 'spicy'.  Please take a seat and enjoy the journey.

Have a great week everyone and thanks to everyone who hit the Like button.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi folks

Thanks to everyone for their Likes and comments! Greatly appreciated.

As you can see for the following photos, I've now been able to make some progress on Shadow's hull. This consisted of adding the longitudinal stringers and vertical frames onto the balsa plug, thus creating the framework of the hull. Once planked, I'll release the hull from the balsa plug, with the result being a nice strong hull...well, hopefully anyway.

Wish me luck!

All the best and enjoy your weekends.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-08403900-1473429893_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-84934000-1473429899_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-46100600-1473429907_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-69839400-1473429915_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234