SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

7 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

amazing work Patrick.......the cabinetry is superb!   so what are we look'in at.......his 'n her lavatories with a walk in closet for hers?   very well done :) 

Hi Denis - yep, actually you're right!  Given that this is a 200+ foot boat, there are a multitude of toilets to choose from onboard the full-sized ship!   

Thanks for for your comments.  Greatly appreciated, as always.

6 hours ago, Elijah said:

Those plants are a great addition! Are they made with tapered wooden dowels with a little moss on top?

Hi Elijah - thanks.  I'm also amazed at how good the shrubbery looks.  The pots are tapered dowels, as you guessed, whilst the foliage are tiny pieces of sponge from the kitchen.  I'll give the foIiage a bit of green paint later on.

Thanks guys!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi everyone

I'm having lots of fun whilst outfitting Shadow's Owner's Stateroom.  In the latest photos you'll see that I've added a few more items of furniture, including two arm chairs situated at the foot of the bed as well as a writing desk to one side of the room.  On the other side, there is another double seat sofa.

I know everything looks very rough and temporary at the moment, but I've yet to glue things in and clean it all up.  All in due time, I guess...

I hope you all enjoy Shadow's progress.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-04-20 21.30.49.jpg

2017-04-20 21.31.00.jpg

2017-04-20 21.31.32.jpg

2017-04-20 21.32.09.jpg

2017-04-20 21.35.15.jpg

2017-04-20 21.43.34.jpg

2017-04-20 21.32.27.jpg

so the plants are bits of sponge.......pretty cool!   ....and the admiral will never know you defiled her sponge 'cuz.........sponges are full of holes anywaay!!! :D  :D     she's look'in as awesome as ever....your work in miniature is really inspiring.   quick!   pat me on the head.........I need some 'o that! ;)  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I'm struck by how much like a superyacht this looks every time I see it. From the fantastic hull form to the the completely fiberglass-with-fairing compound-and-gelcoat look of the superstructure.

And, of course, the interiors! It's a blast to watch it all unfold.

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

4 hours ago, BenF89 said:

I'm struck by how much like a superyacht this looks every time I see it. From the fantastic hull form to the the completely fiberglass-with-fairing compound-and-gelcoat look of the superstructure.

And, of course, the interiors! It's a blast to watch it all unfold.

Hi Ben

Many thanks for your compliments about the superstructure.  It was and is, a real challenge trying to replicate the complex curves and shapes...but, thanks to heaps of putty and sanding, she's not looking too bad.

I'm glad that you like the interior work, as well.  Much appreciated.

All the best for the weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

5 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

so the plants are bits of sponge.......pretty cool!   ....and the admiral will never know you defiled her sponge 'cuz.........sponges are full of holes anywaay!!! :D  :D     she's look'in as awesome as ever....your work in miniature is really inspiring.   quick!   pat me on the head.........I need some 'o that! ;)  

Hi Denis

Many thanks for your comments.  Greatly appreciated, as always.  I guess I was a bit naughty because I defiled the sponge, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do;) to make the interior look good!

I'll send you a big pat on the head, as well.

Cheers

Patrick

G'day Patrick 

The armchair are brilliant and so is the writing desk.

All you need to do is a Toshiba laptop, a framed photograph and a whiskey bottle with glasses for the desk. 

Havagooday 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

Hello Patrick,

Awesome, mind-blowing and jaw dropping fantastic work. Love the master cabin layout. I agree with Greg, a crystal decanter with some awesome whiskey and a few glasses, on coasters.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Wow!!!!  Super nice work, Patrick.  The Owner's Stateroom is turning out super nice.   I think I'll just walk away, shaking my head, and muttering to myself about the beautiful details.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

On 4/21/2017 at 8:53 AM, Greg the peg leg sailor said:

G'day Patrick 

The armchair are brilliant and so is the writing desk.

All you need to do is a Toshiba laptop, a framed photograph and a whiskey bottle with glasses for the desk. 

Havagooday 

Greg 

Hi Greg - always great to hear from you.  I gotta say that the addition of glasses, a printer and laptop is a great idea.  Now, if only I could pull them off...it'd be a big achievement, for sure!

On 4/21/2017 at 9:59 AM, dadodude said:

Hello Patrick,

Awesome, mind-blowing and jaw dropping fantastic work. Love the master cabin layout. I agree with Greg, a crystal decanter with some awesome whiskey and a few glasses, on coasters.

Cheers,

Hi Piet-great to hear from you again.  I'm glad you're enjoying Shadow's construction; although the crystal decanter may be a 'big ask"....but, I'll try!

15 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Wow!!!!  Super nice work, Patrick.  The Owner's Stateroom is turning out super nice.   I think I'll just walk away, shaking my head, and muttering to myself about the beautiful details.

Hi Mark - many thanks for your comments, which are always gratefully appreciated.  Please don't walk away too far...I want you around to drop in often to enjoy Shadow's voyage.

Hi folks

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes!  I'm glad that you're enjoying Shadow's journey!

I've almost finished the construction of the Owner's Stateroom.  As you can see, the king sized bed now has a mattress, an assortment of pillows and a throw rug casually draped over the foot of the bed.  Adjoining the bed are two arm chairs with a small wall-unit in the centre.  Off to one side of the room, the three seater settee now has cushions and some scatter pillows; whilst directly in front of the settee is a metallic gold coloured coffee table.  On the other side is situated the office desk, accompanied by it's own office chair.

All in all, I reckon it's all coming together really nicely.

I hope you enjoy these photos.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-04-23 21.00.36.jpg

2017-04-23 20.38.27.jpg

2017-04-23 20.38.41.jpg

2017-04-23 20.48.09.jpg

2017-04-23 20.48.29.jpg

2017-04-23 20.58.48.jpg

2017-04-23 20.59.10.jpg

2017-04-23 20.59.30.jpg

2017-04-23 20.59.45.jpg

2017-04-23 21.00.36.jpg

2017-04-23 21.00.52.jpg

2017-04-23 21.01.07.jpg

2017-04-23 21.01.26.jpg

2017-04-23 21.13.27.jpg

Patrick, I think you are spending way too much time in the bed and bath shops checking out the latest "mod" fashions.... I mean all those pillows on the bed, they just end up getting tossed on the floor or into the corner because they are not really designed to put you head down on them.

Seriously it really is a stunning looking model, I particularly like the shot on the wood table.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Beautifully done Patrick. Nice color combos as well.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

way too cool Patrick........way too cool!    Martha Stewart would be proud ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

A facinating yacht Patrick,

and amazing what all you are all fitting out in those 8 inches length    :)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

13 hours ago, Mirabell61 said:

A facinating yacht Patrick,

and amazing what all you are all fitting out in those 8 inches length    :)

Nils

Hi Nils - many thanks!  I'm glad you like Shadow. Actually, it just dawned on me, that she's not much bigger than those lovely lifeboats on your KWdG liner!

14 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

way too cool Patrick........way too cool!    Martha Stewart would be proud ;) 

Hi Denis.  Thanks.   Mmmm, now lets see, we don't get a lot of Martha Stewart here in Oz, but I do recall that she did 'her time to pay for her crimes'😉.  No problems though, any celebrity endorsements are gratefully accepted.

Have a great weekend, Nils and Denis.

Cheers

Patrick

I love the last photo in the sequence - the full ship in a giant's big hand.  It shows how much amazing detail you're able to fit into such a tiny space, and is one of those "OMG" shots.

1 hour ago, Mahuna said:

I love the last photo in the sequence - the full ship in a giant's big hand.  It shows how much amazing detail you're able to fit into such a tiny space, and is one of those "OMG" shots.

Many thanks, Frank.

I like that last photo, as well.  In fact, as I'm working on her day in, day out, I kinda forget just how tiny Shadow really is...ie until I look at photos of her in my hand.  It's then that I think, 'yep, tiny alright'!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi everyone

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Back on Shadow's construction journey, I've decided to tackle her Workshop/Ship's Storeroom and Electrical Generator Rooms which are located in the focsle of the ship.  These rooms are only accessible by their respective doors in the foredeck of the ship.

To be really honest, I have no idea what these rooms look like on the real ship, because I don't have any photos. All I've got is a blurry low res lines-drawing on the plans I'm using.  But, hey, with a bit of imagination, I've managed to hobble something together that looks reasonably convincing..well I hope so, anyway!

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-04-30 22.07.49.jpg

2017-04-30 22.08.01.jpg

2017-04-30 22.08.12.jpg

2017-04-30 22.08.50.jpg

2017-04-30 22.09.12.jpg

2017-04-30 22.09.35.jpg

2017-04-30 22.09.43.jpg

2017-04-30 22.09.59.jpg

2017-04-30 22.10.11.jpg

2017-04-30 22.10.26.jpg

2017-04-30 22.10.50.jpg

2017-04-30 22.11.00.jpg

2017-04-30 22.13.48.jpg

2017-04-30 22.17.22.jpg

2017-04-30 22.20.05.jpg

Dear Patrick

Very nice and stylish work! The master cabin certainly feels luxurious and the wardrobes are a masterpiece!

Couldn't help noticing a couple of minor details though:;)

On 4/1/2017 at 2:48 PM, Omega1234 said:

Woohoo!!!  I decided to take a break from doing the cabin layouts to work on the fitting out of the Main Saloon.  Although it's still early days, Shadow now has the main settees (albeit, minus their cushions, which will be added later), four small rectangular coffee tables on the blue floor mat, and the main dining room table, complete with 14 dining chairs.  

2017-04-01 21.43.34.jpg

The chair count seems 15 to me!:P

On 4/11/2017 at 2:51 PM, Omega1234 said:

2017-04-11 21.06.47.jpg

Now the chairs are indeed 14 but there are 13 plates on the table!:D

Dinner arrangements are obviously not finalised yet...

I ll be following from the back of the room Patrick

Vaddoc

G'day Patrick 

Your imagination must be bloody marvelous because those rooms are incredibly authentic. 

Havagooday mate 

Greg 

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...