SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

No limits for you, Patrick ?

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

51 minutes ago, NenadM said:

No limits for you, Patrick ?

Thanks Nenad

I don't know about 'no limits', but I reckon I'll give anything a go.  Sometimes it works out.  Other times, it goes straight into the rubbish bin.

No worries though, at least I'm having fun trying.

Thanks for your compliments.

All the best.

Patrick 

Nice work on those two tenders Patrick.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

great job on those little boats Patrick!  can't wait to see how you finish off the engine room ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

1 minute ago, Mahuna said:

Great work Patrick.  I can't imagine how you sand such small items.  Do you have miniature sanding sticks?

Hi Frank

Thanks, but I'm actually ashamed and embarrassed to say that I've only got cheap and blunt wood files and worn out wet and dry sandpaper!  

Oh, but wait...It'll be Father's Day in Australia soon.  Maybe if I drop some not-so-subtle hints about my wish-list...Who knows????

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Folks

Many thanks for all of your Likes and comments.  Greatly appreciated.  

Tonight, I did a bit more work on Shadow's tender which is berthed in the foc'sle.  Principally, I've added the crane that is used to lift the tender out of her berth in the bows into the water.  

Also, I kinda got a bit nostalgic and was wondering what Shadow would look like with two of her siblings in the fleet, namely Majellan and Mystic, (both of which have Build Logs in this Forum).  So, I took them out for a brief photo-shoot. Mmmmmm, not bad, I reckon.

I hope you enjoy these photos.

Cheers

Patrick

2017-08-11 21.08.35.jpg

2017-08-11 21.10.29.jpg

2017-08-11 21.11.51.jpg

2017-08-11 21.13.05.jpg

2017-08-11 21.13.56.jpg

2017-08-11 21.16.24.jpg

2017-08-11 21.21.00.jpg

2017-08-11 21.26.31.jpg

2017-08-11 21.27.10.jpg

2017-08-11 21.27.22.jpg

2017-08-11 21.28.08.jpg

Hi fols

I hope you're all well.  Well, tonight, I had a go at Shadow's two jet skis which are located at the bow.  First and foremost, I set about getting the basic shape right, ensuring that they looked reasonably convincing at thus scale.  Later on, I'll paint them and add some further details, such as the cranes that'll be used to lift them into the water.  

All the best!

Cheers

patrick

IMG_3392.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

IMG_3394.JPG

Hi Patrick

Your work at this scale continues to amaze!

I do like the photos of your fleet.  They're every bit as good as most larger models.  Great work.

Awesome work Patrick.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

7 hours ago, Piet said:

Awesome work Patrick.

Cheers,

Hi Piet!  Many thanks.  I. Just say, that I'm also looking forward to seeing your 1/3000th scale masterpiece. 

20 hours ago, canoe21 said:

Hello Patrick

My you are full of surprises these days, that's a great looking very tiny Tender along with that Crane to lift it in and out of the water, WELL DONE.

ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

Hi Lawrence.  Thanks for your compliments about the tenders.  They were lots of fun to do.

20 hours ago, Mahuna said:

Hi Patrick

Your work at this scale continues to amaze!

I do like the photos of your fleet.  They're every bit as good as most larger models.  Great work.

Thanks Frank. After looking at Majestic and Majellan, it struck me that they didn't turn out too bad, after all.  I was always pretty critical when building them, but now, with the passage of time, I reckon they scrubbed up ok.  I guess we're all our own worst critics.  It's funny, isn't it?

Cheers. 

Patrick

Hi Patrick, a quick check in to catch up on the progress, I like the pictures of the boats opened up side by side. You should send a picture to the watch company with the slogan "Discerning Craftsmen always Choose a...." As always I forget how small all this work is and your ability to capture it all.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

• 2 weeks later...

shadow looks to be a brute,  next to Majellan......your largest project to date ;)   a fine collection indeed!   amazing to see how small you can get....the jet skis are going to really test you,  I think.   looking good so far :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

On 25/08/2017 at 10:10 PM, canoe21 said:

Hello Patrick

Just making my rounds of the Great MSW Form and dropped in to see if you had any more of your great surprises in store for us, but alas it looks like I am just a tad bit too early, will check again in a day or so. I do hope that every thing is ok with you and your family, concerned,                                           ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence       

Hi Lawrence - thanks for looking in.. I'm afraid that I've been a bit slow with updating MSW lately.  Life's just been too busy at the moment.  I've managed to do a little bit on Shadow, but not much, lately.  I hope to get a new update soon.  All the best!

On 26/08/2017 at 1:10 AM, popeye the sailor said:

shadow looks to be a brute,  next to Majellan......your largest project to date ;)   a fine collection indeed!   amazing to see how small you can get....the jet skis are going to really test you,  I think.   looking good so far :) 

Hey Dennis!  Great to hear from you.  I'm glad that you like the shots with  Majellan and Mystic - they were fun to do and to reminisce about past models.  I reckon you're right about the jetskis...they're smaller than my fingernails!  

Have a great week.

Cheers. 

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

It's been quite a while since my last update.  I've just been sidetracked with other things, which meant that regular visits to MSW has been difficult.

Anyhow, I've made some more progress with Shadow's Lower and Bilge Deck accommodations.  

Principally, Shadow's Lower Deck now has her Laundry and Crew's Mess installed.  The crew's mess consists of some bench seats as well as seven individual chairs situated around two tables.  Directly opposite the crew's mess is the Laundry.  Just forward of these areas are two crew cabins (one port and one starboard).  Still a lot of work to go...

The Bilge Deck has the makings of the gymnasium, another crew cabin, as well as other sundry cabins, storerooms, cabinets, etc.

I hope you can enjoy these photos.

All the best everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

59b936d916916_2017-09-1321_20_03.thumb.jpg.000f5f850c96703af18674ce359f462c.jpg59b936df3d723_2017-09-1321_20_39.thumb.jpg.1755da3b9c76a6b38f4bf28d9e02775f.jpg59b936e7b763a_2017-09-1321_20_54.thumb.jpg.81476442b75ff13871ee15babb6642f0.jpg59b936ee6c324_2017-09-1321_21_00.thumb.jpg.c3b82974dc5d87a4ee43d6a6f1356b80.jpg59b936f43b50b_2017-09-1321_21_28.thumb.jpg.bb44d6478850c7cbbfa89ce1bb7be3bc.jpg59b936fea7a24_2017-09-1321_21_44.thumb.jpg.eb909334d89b1f6e9ad2d160fdc7b0b1.jpg59b937064a396_2017-09-1321_22_20.thumb.jpg.3b65b0b5009687a46071b0c4253fc437.jpg59b93721816fa_2017-09-1321_25_50.thumb.jpg.b6701c134667516818e33e64bddae6ec.jpg59b937295fcff_2017-09-1321_29_58.thumb.jpg.d06147af5c3c616f42d1362f8199da87.jpg

Nice work Patrick! How do you keep all those chairs from sliding around? Are they glued down?

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

just when one thinks you've covered it all........you come up with more!    great job Patrick..... :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Elijah and Denis

Many thanks for your comments and Likes.  Elijah - the chairs will definitely be glued at some stage in the future.  But, for now, they're just temporarily placed for the sake of taking these photos.

Denis - thanks.  Shadow's journey has been slow, but oh, so enjoyable.  Lots more to come, though!

Enjoy and thanks.

Patrick 

• 2 weeks later...

Super work Patrick.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

9 hours ago, Chasseur said:

Looking good Mate!

Love the detail and it’s like a show and tell model.

Patrick ...Have you ever thought about taking it to elementary schools to show kids?

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Many thanks for your compliments.  Mmmm...never thought about the elementary school kids.  Interesting idea, though.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Cheers

Patrick

Dear Patrick, I have not been able to check on your log for some time and now I am lost in detail! Just too many things happening!

It is a beautiful boat and a very nice journey

Vaddoc