SHADOW by Omega1234 - Scale 1/300 - Luxury 60m Mega Yacht - Finished

HI everyone!

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes.  Much appreciated!

Well, I've started on the basic layout of Shadow's Engine Room and other associated areas of her Bilge Deck.  In addition, I also bit the bullet and cut out the two large garage doors (situated at the port and starboard side of the ship's hull).  These garage doors are where Shadow's two large ship's tenders are berthed when underway.  

I know it all looks very rough at this stage, but, it's still very early in Shadow's build. Lots more to go.  Oh well, gotta start somewhere, don't we?

Have a great one!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-91346200-1474465306_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-32227400-1474465317_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-72293300-1474465326_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-97925500-1474465335_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-88350800-1474465343_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Looking good, Patrick! Now you can have some real fun with Shadow, since the bay where the tenders are stowed will have sliding tracks either in the floor or perhaps in the ceiling. I think would more likely be in floor. I can already see for fun one tender sliding out on the rails and other sitting there visible in the hull. Keep up the great modeling.

Brian :)

well on your way now.....I see  :)   nice shape to the stern...........the first layout looks good too.    we'll see just how much you can stuff into this one!  ;)

really nice so far!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Looking good, Patrick! Now you can have some real fun with Shadow, since the bay where the tenders are stowed will have sliding tracks either in the floor or perhaps in the ceiling. I think would more likely be in floor. I can already see for fun one tender sliding out on the rails and other sitting there visible in the hull. Keep up the great modeling.

Brian :)

HI Brian - you took the words right out of my mouth, because your idea about the tenders was exactly what I was thinking of doing!!! Great minds must think alike, hey? Thanks once again!

well on your way now.....I see :) nice shape to the stern...........the first layout looks good too. we'll see just how much you can stuff into this one! ;)

really nice so far!

Hi Denis - Thanks - my intention is to try to put as much detail as I possibly can; so hopefully I won't disappoint! The engines are going to be a bit of a bugger to do, because they're so tiny that I can't really put a lot of detail into them. Where's Igor and Piet when you need'em????

Wow Patrick you like making them Tiny with a capital T, another fantastic offering to keep our juices flowing, I will follow along,

best regards John.

Hi John - thanks! Yep, tiny is 'fun' for me. It's the challenge of building at this scale that I enjoy. I'm glad that you can follow along!

All the best, everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Nice, nice, very very nice

Go forward !

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

wow Patrick,

busy as a bee, not even time to finish the tasty apple inbetween..... :rolleyes:

Very good progress, looks great     :)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

What a great start on what is sure to be a great finish.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Patrick.  Shadow already looks like it will be another Omega masterpiece.  I'm going to enjoy the journey.

wow Patrick,

busy as a bee, not even time to finish the tasty apple inbetween..... :rolleyes:

Very good progress, looks great     :)

Nils

Hi Nils - Busy as a bee is true.  But compared to your KWDG, Shadow is only marginally more complex than one of your ship's lifeboats!  On the other hand, the  apple was very tasty, I must admit!  

What a great start on what is sure to be a great finish.

Bob

Hi Bob - Thanks and even I'm surprised at how quickly I'm galloping ahead with Shadow's construction.  Much faster than I expected, that's for sure.

Looks very, very, very promising!!! Can't wait to see how it evolves

Thanks Carl - you and me both!  Stay tuned for the next update... 

Hi Patrick.  Shadow already looks like it will be another Omega masterpiece.  I'm going to enjoy the journey.

Hi Frank - Many thanks and gratefully appreciated.  If truth be told, I don't know if 'masterpiece' is the right word, but I'll be happy if it at least looks passable and bears some resemblance to the real ship (Mary Jean II). Here's hoping...!

Hi Patrick

Sorry I am late for the launch of your new amazing ship Shadow , nothing short of amazing but then I always find your builds to be that way. I am on vacation for another week and with the old ship yard closed for that time, I am catching up on the Form on my I Phone. ENJOY.

Regards. Lawrence

Hi Lawrence - Thanks for your compliments and great to have you onboard  Grab a seat and enjoy the ride!

Cheers

Patrick 

Hi everyone

A quick update. As I mentioned earlier, it's essential for me that Shadow's decks are all lined up accurately; failure to do so, will mean that the internal build will suffer. Therefore, I've continued to work on the correct locations of the internal bulkeads, staircases, deck heights etc, starting from the Bilge Deck and working upwards.

I've also started to build the Upper Deck's superstructure (that's the green cardboard thingy that's sitting atop Shadow's hull in one of the photos.

Still loads more to go, folks!

Enjoy the remainder of your weekends!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-65796100-1474728830_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-79855400-1474728847_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-26807000-1474728872_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-60397100-1474728896_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-33409400-1474728915_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

good progress Patrick,

she is a nice modern yacht with elegant lines and decks....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

She has how many decks?  And each one lifts out by it's self?  And . . . And . . . What a wonderful build we get to follow.

Bob

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

good progress Patrick,

she is a nice modern yacht with elegant lines and decks....

Nils

Hi Nils - Thanks!  I definitely agree with you about her shape.  Sleek, yet powerful!

She has how many decks?  And each one lifts out by it's self?  And . . . And . . . What a wonderful build we get to follow.

Bob

HI Bob.  Yep, each deck will lift out...well, that's the plan, anyway. Incidentally, Shadow has five decks - Bilge, Lower, Main, Upper and, lastly the Sun Deck.  

This is going to be a fun build!

Cheers

Patrick

Urgently send you working ants !!!!

And electron microscope (regular is not enough)

Nenad

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

She is going to be great for sure!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Hi Patrick.  Shadow looks to have beautiful lines.  The extra care you're taking in lining everything up will definitely pay dividends.

Hi folks

Thanks heaps for all of your comments and Likes.  Much appreciated!

Well, Shadow's journey continues.  Before I can start on any of her internal details, I've decided that it is essential to build the superstructure and it's supporting decks, namely the Main, Upper and Sun Decks.  Once they're done, then I can safely start on the internal accommodation.

As you can see from the photos, the decks are really at a very rough and early stage, so they don't look terribly spectacular  Here's hoping that with a healthy dose of magic by Nenad's worker ants ;) , the 'diamond in the rough' will be transformed into a little jewel (well....let's hope so).

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

post-7645-0-32902900-1475333186_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-42880000-1475333205_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-97805300-1475333220_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-27980700-1475333237_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-24938600-1475333257_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-16942200-1475333278_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-19841900-1475333302_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-55824500-1475333321_thumb.jpg

She's already starting to look good.  She'll be a beauty.

Bob

Ugly duckling on it`s way to becom beatufull small swan

Ants say hello to you !!!!

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Going fast again. Question: Why don't you use styrene for the decks ?

Hi Carl - good question!  To be honest, I'm not really too sure, either.  Maybe, it's because I had cut the template out of cardboard anyway and, before I knew it, I'd started to use it to build the actual deck.  No stress, though, because once it's planked with wood and saturated in liquid super-glue, it'd be super strong!  In fact, it'd be just as strong as styrene, or, wood.  

Ugly duckling on it`s way to becom beatufull small swan

Ants say hello to you !!!!

Hi Nenad.  Thanks for your lovely comment and, also for the loan of the Ants!  Greatly appreciated.

G'day Patrick, lovely work as always, its nice to see her grow, I used to work in a ship yard in England and was amazed to see how the ships used to come together, just like your Shadow you could see the plating and frames then the decks, fittings and painting and finally the finished ship, just wonderful, I've attached a pic of one, I think she was HMS Active, Type 21,

best regards John.

attachicon.gif19.jpg

attachicon.gif20.jpg

Hi John - thanks for the photos of the Type 21 Destroyer.  It's always nice to see how these ships are built. Kinda like watching giant lego blocks coming together, aren't they?

Have a great week, everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234