"Follow the topic"

Well, call me an old fart in this matter, but am I the only one who liked the old version when it came of topics and how the system followed only to the topics you had responded to without doing anything?

Now I have to click and save the topics I am responding to. Sometimes I forget to click "Follow the Topic" and further down the road may have forgotten the topic "thread" I am following.

Any possibillities to this changed?

So once I have responded to a topic or thread I get the next responses without doing anything?

Just a humble question :cheers:

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Dr. Per you can sort of follow the ones that you've participated in using the "view new content" in the top right corner feature....

See the pic below (note the settings on the 3 circled items).

(i've participated in loads of conversations but I only follow about 6...meaning I can use the view new content to see all those conversations but I only get emails with update notifications on the 6 I actually follow) I find this a little better...

post-343-0-91367700-1364433165_thumb.jpg

Edited by slagoon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Corel Victory Cross section

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

or just click on your name in the top left and select my content. that will give yuo all topics you posted in

post-622-0-74785000-1364433584.jpg

Current builds : HMS Bounty, Constructo Pilar

Next build : undecided

On the Shelf : AL San Juan, Mamoli HMS Victory

Builds on hold : Ochre Gorch Fock, Hachette/Amati Black Pearl

Previous Builds Gallery : Virginia; King of Mississippi

Previous Builds logs : AL King of Mississippi 1/80

Thank you all, the reason I posted this one I have tried all different ways to do this as simple as possible.

Dr. Per is banging his head to find a better way. :P

User of Windows 7 Pro, latest Firefox and latest Google Chrome along with latest IE. Nothing works for me.

Old machinery? :cheers:

Respectfully

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Take some exploring and a couple of trial with errors, but this site has a lot of cool features.

Current Build:

La Nina, Latina - Wood / 1:65

On The Shelf:

San Francisco II, Latina - Wood 1/90,     U.S.S. Constitution, Revell - Plastic  / 1:96 (Remake),     H.M.S. Bounty, Latina - Wood / 1:48,     H.M.S. /Mayflower, Latina - Wood / 1:64,     La Pinta, Latina, Latina - Wood / 1:65,     La Santa Maria, Latina - Wood / 1:65,

Completed:

San Francisco / Cross Section, Latina - Wood / 1:50,     Coastal Submarine, Revell - Plastic / 1:144,     Cutty Sark Wall Plaque, Revell - Plastic / 1:50,     H.M.S. Victory, Revell - Plastic / 1:146,

H.M.S. Bounty, Constructo - Wood / 1:50,     Oseberg, Billings Boats - Wood / 1:25,     Clipper Ship (Sea Witch), Unknown - Wood / 1:46,     U.S.S. Constitution, Revell - Plastic / 1:96,    

Man Of War, Scientific - Wood / 1:50,     Robert E. Lee, Scientific - Wood / 1:45,     PT-109, Revell - Plastic / 1:72,     U.S.S. Enterprise, Revell - Plastic / 1:720,    

R.M.S. Titanic, Revell - Plastic / 1:720,     Numerous other wooded tall ships and boats from companies named: Ideal, Dumas, Pyro.

If you want to automatically follow topics you have posted in, click on your username at the top left of the screen, then click My Settings.  On the next screen you will see Notification Options on the left.  Click that.  On that screen you will see Topics & Posts with a check box next to Auto follow topics I reply to.  Check that box, and select the notification frequency in the drop down box.  Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes and that, theoretically, will automatically get you notifications for any topic you reply to.

Good Luck!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Wayne and All,

Thanks again for the responses, I have set it accordlingly to what Wayne posted, future will tell.

thanks again....

:cheers: To all

Respectfully

Harvey, I was thinking 8088 processor Dos3 :D

Respectfully

My Atari 512 STFm gave up on me, that with the bandstation and non number modem, otherwise I would be in the game! :)

In another sentence, I have it going and with automatic updates.

Thank you all for the support and down grading of PC units.

Now it really works. Double :cheers:

:D

Respectfully