Corel HMS Neptune

sailorman

Hello all,

I purchased a kit of Corel's HMS Neptune, which appears to represent a two decker of the late 1600's and probably doesn't represent the actual ship, which was a first rate ship of the line.  Nevertheless, has anyone had experience building this kit, and what kind of quality result is obtained?  Thanks in advance for any info.

Sailorman

• 1 month later...

Hi Sailorman. I have been looking up the records at the National Maritime Museum. I can see your problem. According to the records at the Battle of La Hougue on 2 June 1692 Neptune was a 96 gun Ship of the Line (Can't find any pictures). It appears she was in the blue squadron. The Coral Photo appears to show a red ensign.

Not that that is any help but you might like to get back to Coral and check their details.

Nelson

Have a look and search through the build logs here. I'm pretty sure I have seen a build log on this ship here somewhere.

Might even be some photos in our gallery. Best of luck.

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard