Brazzera by Seventynet - FINISHED - MarisStella - scale 1:32

Good Day,

This post marks the completion of this build. Although the photos have shown me there are a few things to alter, including the oars and oar locks and those unique eyes on the bow, I won't get at that for at least a couple of months so I am calling it now.

I thank Don Robinson and Zoran for their help with my rather dumb questions. Other than the things I mentioned above, I am aware of the things that I have not included. If there is anything that I have done that insults this ship's tradition or you cannot live with Zoran, please let me know and I'll address it if I can. While this ship has been quite a challenge it has turned out to be my favorite build to date. I'd definitely build another MarisStella product.

Cheers, Ian

59b1b3adf0760_stardeckforward1.thumb.JPG.376426eb7ab0123c2678348c146e8555.JPG59b1b3ac96c4d_starbowdeck2.thumb.JPG.0eb98ed36511fbe6bfb3cea968d01c07.JPG59b1b3ab3f670_portbow3.thumb.JPG.c398749c1e3c8bd2114db096bd4a82c1.JPG59b1b3a9dbd7b_portaft1.thumb.JPG.3443b03cefb3927da1a70648e94304bc.JPG59b1b3a887141_catheadanchorclose7.thumb.JPG.692c31c9cfa0e6de91a9b1c2b682e1a0.JPG59b1b3a731227_cargoholdandmastbase.thumb.JPG.9fb521633f0ca6f861d79cdf987e99fe.JPG59b1b3a5e4407_wholedeck2.thumb.JPG.baf9e7d1c89d7a214b6b6533eadf25a1.JPG59b1b3a488a81_starmid2.thumb.JPG.eddbe32000afeb3ed19591fac2a5a127.JPG

Congratulations Ian she is a real beauty, excellent craftsmanship. Your daughter will be proud to display this little lady.

What's with this couple of months off?? I never got that memo!!:D 

Thanks Don,

She is thrilled indeed but I've made her agree to me helping her locate and mount it in her house away from her crazy snapping dog and whatever else might threaten it. Yeah and sorry about not including you on the memo ;). We will be in Europe for a real long one. The admiral will be checking out relatives, both alive and not and a large portion of the trip will be devoted to sites of military interest in France. 

Ian 

What a lovely build Ian.  Congratulations on an outstanding ship. You have a great reason for a deadline - Bon Voyage!

Doug

Current BuildsBluenose II - AKrabbenkutter / Prince de Neufchatel / Essex Cross-section / Syren / Barque Stefano / Winchelsea / Half Hull / Maria HF31 - Dusek / Bandirma - Turkmodel

On the Shelf: Santisima Trinidad and Cross Section / HMS Cutter Alert / Tender AVOS / Confederacy

Suspended Build: Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 

Hello Mr.Ian ... Wow ! This is clean and handsome ! Everything is in place as I can see, the tradition should be very satisfied ;) ... This work deserves admiration ... Bravo maestro !

Regards, Zoran

Thanks for the overly generous praise Rony. Much appreciated. Keep up your nice work.

ian

Mr. Ian, I can not be kind enough ... You have done a very good looking model. The wood selection is very good ...

Regards, Zoran

Superb build perfection. 

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Hi Ian,

congratulations to your beautiful built Brazzera,

A lovely and well built model of a traditional boat :)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Thank you so much for looking in and the compliments Hal, Simar, John and Nils. Much appreciated. It feels good to be finally done with this guy although I will say I enjoyed almost all of it. Now it's my turn to watch your build logs and continue to learn about this incredible hobby.

Ian 

• 5 years later...

This interesting model is absolutely gorgeous, Ian. She's a real showpiece!

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Thank you, Bob! Every time I visit my daughter’s place and see the model displayed I think it has to be one of my favourite builds.

Ian