Two Edwardian type launches by Cap'n'Bob - small - 1:48 - Finished

Lawrence and Jeff, thanks for stopping by and your nice comments.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lawrence, I haven’t done much but I’ll show you where I am now.

On boat number one I added the window plastic and mounted the clearstory windows.  I added the prop and rudder, and the steering chain.  All that’s left on number one is the steering station and a few chocks and cleats.

On number two I painted the hull white and added the flooring.  On the bench in the foreground you can see the side windows for number two and the yellow card stock is the template for the front of the cabin.

That’s it for now.

Bob

post-513-0-27810300-1485628078_thumb.jpg

post-513-0-17855600-1485628093_thumb.jpg

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

Carl, Patrick, thanks for stopping by.

Bob

love the scroll work...really adds character.........the windows came out good too!   overall........wonderful job!  :)   the other launch is coming along nicely as well.   interested to see what style of cabin is in store for it  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

John, Popeye, thanks for stopping by.  The cabin for the second boat may be a surprise to me also.,

Bob

Bob I really like the look of this boat it is so Edwardian, would be lovely to build one at a large scale.....Must not let you tempt me....must not be tempted.... must not be tempted....

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Michael, some are only 25' (7.6m) about the size of your Maria sloop.  But knowing you I don't have to tempt you, you can do that well enough on your own.  And you do have a nice lake to put her on.  I'm sorry.  don't tempt,... don't tempt.  :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard, Ron, hope you enjoy the rest of the show.

Lawrence, yes the scroll set the first one off now I need to figure what to do with number two. " I like Michael may even consider to build one of these when I ever complete the HMS Bounty."  I'm building 1:48, Michael would build at 1:1, what scale do you want?  :P

Bob

Welcome aboard.  The more the merrier.

Bob

Julie, with you in Florida, Michael in Alberta, and me in Arizona, Where would we keep it?

Bob

Sorry Lawrence, didn't mean to leave you out.  If you join Julie, Michael and me that would put someone in each corner on North America, North East, North West, South East and South West.  Maybe we could all meat in Kansas.  Oh well, on with reality.  Been doing a little more on boat number two.  I added the deck and framed in the cabin.  I'm trying not to hurry this one but I'm getting anxious to start my next build already.  Any way here are the latest pictures. 

Bob

post-513-0-46716000-1486669636_thumb.jpg

post-513-0-30754600-1486669649_thumb.jpg

post-513-0-82954100-1486669662_thumb.jpg

Hello Bob 

The frames look excellent. Very neat given the scale at which you are working.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

Bob:

The frames and the cabin look great. I really like the paneling details.

Russ

the structure looks sweet!   nice attention to detail in the windows.   very nice work Bob :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Sorry Lawrence, didn't mean to leave you out.  If you join Julie, Michael and me that would put someone in each corner on North America, North East, North West, South East and South West.  Maybe we could all meat in Kansas.  Oh well, on with reality.  Been doing a little more on boat number two.  I added the deck and framed in the cabin.  I'm trying not to hurry this one but I'm getting anxious to start my next build already.  Any way here are the latest pictures. 

Bob

attachicon.gifDSCF0420.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0421.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF0422.JPG

very nice work Bob,

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Thank you all for your kind words and likes.  I’m kind of taken aback.  Usually I build a specific boat from plans and pictures.  These two are quite different in that I do not have a specific boat in mind.  The hulls are pretty much standard, a little longer, a little narrower.  But hulls are hulls.  It’s the cabin where the creativity comes in.  In every picture I saw the cabin was different.  So I had to decide, ‘how many windows do I put in’, ‘are the doors centered or to the side’, ‘do I plank the inside or leave the ribs showing’.   And then it’s on to the building.  Each piece of wood is held in place and marked.  Do I want it this long or should I make it shorter?  As someone said in another thread, “The eye knows what is right”.  And according to you all, my eye must be fine.  I have to admit I am enjoying these builds.  And I want to thank you again for the encouraging words that keep this old man going.

Bob

What Carl said... we want to see these beauties...

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Carl, Mark,

What Carl said... we want to see these beauties...

You and I will just have to be patient together.  I want to see them too.

Bob

Edited by Cap'n'Bob

Julie, with you in Florida, Michael in Alberta, and me in Arizona, Where would we keep it?

Bob

Hmmmm.......  That's a tough one, Bob.  Let's see... How about that empty dock behind my house?  :rolleyes:

Julie

First and only build: Endeavour - 1934 American's Cup, UK Challenger, J-Class - Amati 1:35

all I gotta say,  is this has got to be a well thought out build.   your envisioning skills must be in high gear.   keep it up and keep going.....your doing an awesome job!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hmmmm.......  That's a tough one, Bob.  Let's see... How about that empty dock behind my house?  :rolleyes:

Julie, Julie, Julie I see it all now.  It reminds me of when I bought a boat with my brother-in-law.  Since I was single, at the time, I moved aboard to pay the dock fees instead of rent.  Guess who sailed her the most.  Good try Julie.

Bob

Popeye, I just wish my envisioning skills would let my know what is going on ahead of time.  Then maybe I could figure out how to do it in my dreams, like you do.

Bob