Does my taffrail look historically accurate?

I'm making a 3d model of a fictional 6th rate from around 1724 called the HMS Persephone, built to the 1719 establishment.  The original taffrail has always gave me problems and to be honest looked rather out of place, so I made a new taffrail.  I also wanted to capture the early 1700's style in the silhouette of the taffrail.  As for the transom later I plan on adding carvings of Persephone, Zeus, Hades and a few angle babies.

I'm concern it doesn't look historically accurate since I couldn't find any ships that look like this.  What do ya'll think?

persephone%20taffrail1.jpg

persephone%20taffrail2.jpg

Timothy

I really admire your drawings.  You CAD wizards really amaze me.

Attached are two photos of six rates, 1730, and 1745 that may help you. There are more of them on the NMM collections site.

Allan

post-42-0-92403700-1478432978_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-50508800-1478433027_thumb.jpg

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi Tim;

Ditto with Allan's comment on your drawing. 

One thing that springs to my mind immediately when I look at your stern is the window styles.  Very often,  the outermost windows were either slightly,  or very,  different to the central ones,  due to their being in the quarter galleries,  and not being part of the great cabin,  nor fixed between the stern timbers. 

All the best,

Mark P

Previously built models (long ago, aged 18-25ish) POB construction. 32 gun frigate, scratch-built sailing model, Underhill plans.

2 masted topsail schooner, Underhill plans.

Started at around that time, but unfinished: 74 gun ship 'Bellona' NMM plans. POB 

On the drawing board: POF model of Royal Caroline 1749, part-planked with interior details. My own plans, based on Admiralty draughts and archival research.

Always on the go: Research into Royal Navy sailing warship design, construction and use, from Tudor times to 1790. 

Member of NRG, SNR, NRS, SMS