ECHO Cross Section by Trussben - FINISHED - 1:48

First pic shows all frames made except 3rd.

Second shows how I made the 3rd top timber which has the big cast.

third shows frame treenailing completed.

four and five show dead flat frames being raised.

I will maybe get some more done this weekend but I want to switch back onto the Confederacy for a little while.

ben

post-234-0-60993000-1373038186_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-74757800-1373038956_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-21645800-1373038971_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-80729700-1373038992_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-63998100-1373038998_thumb.jpg

Hi Ben,

I don't know what you are doing but it looks good to me  :D

Anja just see on the account that the Lumberyard has take money from it so the wood is on the way for her to make the Hannah ( i hope )

I shall take a close look with what you are doing and if she ask me for help, then I hope that I know what to say to her  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hi Sjors, don't worry as I don't know what I'm doing half the time!

I look forward to seeing Anja's dark side career begin, believe me it is a steep learning curve but its extremely enjoyable, I'm sure you will get hooked while you watch her build Hannah, what wood did she decide to build it with?

Ben

Morning Ben,

She ordered boxwood.

Power tools are also coming .

She want to buy a Dremel figure saw.

So let the wood come in and she can start…( after she finished the Half Moon )

These are her own words   :)

Hi Ben. Looking really good there. Keep it up!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1/48  Duchess of Kingston

Completed Build Logs: USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Hi and thanks.

@ Bob - As my old gran would say " Variety is the spice of life ".

@ Druxey - I'm still raising frames slowly ;)

@ Rusty - thanks man.

Here is frame 1 fore raised.

ben

post-234-0-08178600-1373134770_thumb.jpg

Looking all trim and proper and good, Ben.  I guess we'll just have to be patient.. :)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ben,

You're making good progress. Seeing you're doing such a good job of it I think

I'm gonna mail my frames to you so you can raise them too! ;)

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Completed Build Logs: USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Thanks Druxey.

Rusty - just send em on down and i'll get them done for ya! :D

Well I just raised the last frame and thought I'd post a pic of it drying, hopefully sometime over the next week I will

get the sweep and gunport sills and lintles installed and start to sand and fair it all up.

ben

EDIT - reposted missing pics 4-2-14

post-234-0-78851200-1396459675_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-39240700-1396459683_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trussben

Hi Ben,

I think you are still on the right track !

Nice to see something growing…...

And a lot of pictures will be a great help for Anja when she started with the Hannah !

Wow! Splendid work, Ben, everything is very clean and crisp, at the speed you're working on, she'll be completely fitted out in no time :)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Thanks for the comments Bob, Sjors, Greg and Aldo.

This version will not be fitted out, just the framing as I said on first page of log. I have still got half the wood left from the package as I didn't make too many mistakes and Jeff supplied plenty, so I will make another which will be fully completed when Greg and David finish the entire practicum and offer a wood package for it.

Ben

Really nice work Ben!

Jim L

What we ever hope to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence. - Samuel Johnson

On the Building Ways:                           Launched:                                                 Contracts Signed:                    Member:

The Nautical Research Guild

The US Naval Institute

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the gunport sills/lintles joints being filed into the frames, we shall see how accurate they are!

I leave for vacation for 3 weeks tomorrow so no updates for a while.

ben

post-234-0-61637500-1375724090_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-95132000-1375724112_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well hi again, back from Vacation in England and now ready to get back to finishing the framing of the Echo, just the gun and sweep ports sills and lintels to be installed, fair everything and install keelson, week or two I'm guessing.

I have also started my initial research on my next scratch build.

Ben

Hi Ben and welcome back! :) I look foward to seeing your updates.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Very clean cutting work, Ben, hope you had an enjoyable vacation, looking forward to more updates.

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

• 1 month later...

Finally managed to spend a couple of hours in the shipyard, seems like years but I should start to get more time now that the weather has changed and work on the house has been completed.

I installed the gun/sweep port sills and lintles, removed the temp spacers below the gunport, and have started fairing it all down. I started with 100 grit, then 220 and now at 320. When finished I will install the keelson and the ribband, remove the rest of the temp spacers and add the last piece of frame above the gunport.

ben

post-234-0-20355300-1382275078_thumb.jpg

post-234-0-08879500-1382275098_thumb.jpg

Hi Ben,

Very nice. It really looks sweet. I'm glad you've been able to find sometime to work on her again. :) 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B)