• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks  Lawrence! If I ever get back to it!!! if you followed the builds that were provided I think you will see that most of us did not use the rap around building board but as you can see from about page 4 on I do have a building board just not one that wraps around the upper part of the frames. This is my first build of this type and as you can see I have a long way to go on it. It seems that every one in the shipyard has gone on vacation, LOL

• 1 month later...

Guy is still here! and my Triton is still siting on my work bench! have done very little work on it but have not taken it off the todo list yet. Life sort of takes over when you least expect, I actually retired in January but started a project in the house which my wife and I have been planning for several year, "remodeling the kitchen" actually turning every thing up side down! I still work on models when I have an occasion, I now have 5 in the dry-docks. I promise you I will get back to my  Triton build before the end of the year!

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, canoe21 said:

Hello Guy

I have just found your build log on the HMS Triton. Great job you are doing on your ship and I can see very much improvement in your building skills even from post to post. I have often thought that I would like to build one of these frame builds just like you are doing but have been afraid to get my feet wet so to speak, you are doing such a great job on yours that who knows I may make that big jump.

One question though is there a reason that you have decided against a building board as all of the other builds of this type have always been with a building board?

Keep up the great work and I will continue to follow and maybe build up enough courage to build one of these frame ships in my Old Ship Yard,              ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

This is not my first POF but the first time using this method, Hann method before. Great job on the African Queen.

• 5 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2014 at 11:51 PM, harvey1847 said:

:D :D :D :D :D !!!

I doubt it Guy. With that ribband method and the squares to set the fore cant frames you are saving lots of time... I "spent" lot of time building the stern and stem jigs. On next projects I will go your way, a base board and lots of square sets.

what is the other building you are working on?!

Best wishes Guy!

daniel.

Daniel! I hate to admit it but I have 8 models in drydock in various stages, some are mine from scratch and some were started by some one else (3) and I have taken over their builds. 

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Ed! Following your builds have been wonderful learning experience and look forward to you next project. Question are you going to post a build log for the PS HOPE? And why did you decide to use this ship for your new book as there is already a lot of material published describing her. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok time for me to get back to this build. I need to straighten out some of the frames and rework the gun ports that have opened up or were located in the incorrect plane, not square, irregular or insufficient size of the cross beam.  I will start with building up the insides. I have decided I will do no masting or rigging so I will have to show as much of the interior construction as possible and keep the exteriour as open as possible.  Bon voyage!